Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:58 am

» noise under load
Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware? I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware? I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Yesterday at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware? I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware? I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware? I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware? I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware? I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1570
Registration date : 2016-10-01

Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware? Empty
PostSubject: Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware?   Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2022 1:45 pm

I don't need to explain how this has happened;

Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware? Front_18

I'm going to cover that part of the fender with a different coloured shape or pattern but I'm not sure which type of paint to use.

I just want an aerosol can to spray onto a template. I know some plastics are vulnerable to certain types of paint so will a normal cellulose enamel work?
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware?   Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2022 9:15 am

Me? know your plastic composition then find a brand of paint compatible for it, information most likely right on the spray can. After that it's prep prep prep.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware?   Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2022 10:31 am

How about Krylon Fusion paint for plastics?
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2020-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware?   Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2022 11:37 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
How about Krylon Fusion paint for plastics?

That's a good choice , is fairly durable and has built in adhesion promoter, there's some industrial rattle can coatings, like Rust Oleum Professional, that are very hard, the keys to a good paint job is prep, application temp and patience, letting paint dry/cure for several days or more is always best, the paint temperature itself is more important than OAT, keep in warm area before use.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware?   Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2022 7:27 pm

OAT? It took me quite a bit of noodling around to finally settle on Outside Air Temperature as a best fit for your context. But, c’mon Allen, you’re really going to have to provide us with a cheat sheet for all your internet acronyms.
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2020-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware?   Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2022 10:49 am

Acronyms have been around "Wayyyyyy" before the internet term was ever used, date back to acient times, mostly are "Tribal Knowledge" in certain groups/professions, OAT, IAS, GS, ALT, FPM, etc., are mostly in my former profession in aviation and most older than the internet !!

Some are so common that the actual term is never used, oldies, SWF, SWM, FBI, KGB, CIA, ASAP, CFO, CEO, EPA, MIA, AWOL, MLK, FDR, JFK, NRA, SNAFU ....
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1570
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware?   Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2022 12:31 pm

I once bought an FJR on HP. Then my job went RIP and I had to contact the CAB. They suggested an IVA but I ended up going for a DRO. The FCA agreed and my life is now tickety-boo!....oh..that doesn't really work does it scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware?   Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Type of Paint for the Tupperware?
Page 1 of 1