Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
Anyone have SW Stalling issues? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:58 am

» noise under load
Anyone have SW Stalling issues? I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Anyone have SW Stalling issues? I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Yesterday at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Anyone have SW Stalling issues? I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Anyone have SW Stalling issues? I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Anyone have SW Stalling issues? I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Anyone have SW Stalling issues? I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Anyone have SW Stalling issues? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Anyone have SW Stalling issues? I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Anyone have SW Stalling issues? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Anyone have SW Stalling issues?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
forgitaboutut
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Anyone have SW Stalling issues? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone have SW Stalling issues?   Anyone have SW Stalling issues? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:58 pm

(Wife's SW)
'06 SW 5K Miles - bought in Mar. 3K on it...Just changed oil...
(I'm thinkin' plugs)
1st time was a week ago...rode about 30 miles (freeway)
stopped,shut off,got beer...when we left
it dies...first time so I didn't think anything of it....
Rode up to Michigan (UP) - (about 250 miles - no problems all day)
coming home she indicates she's low on gas...
(I have her miles set on my Zumo for 140...had it at 160 but that seemed too close)
Seems to get low MPG lately!(on the way up she seemed to be almost out at 125 miles or so!)
So we get off to get gas and dies before we get to gas pump...
so I Syphon out of mine & into hers...it starts....
I notice she only took 3 Gal.! No WAY I syphoned out a whole Gal!
Possible...but we get home...it dies...she's crankin' on it & it's puttering...
then dies...so I get on it...get it running...giving it a little gas...it bareley stays
running!....I ride around the block a few times...ride the piss out it!
and it seems fine!....rode it work today (only 11 miles @ 60 mph..(well...usually Laughing )
I'm thinking maybee it's a heat issue...after running awhile,something getting to hot
& causing it bareley run or run rough...?
any Idea's ???
Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have SW Stalling issues?   Anyone have SW Stalling issues? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:09 pm

Like you said - Plugs...it would be a good place to start.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Sluggish...   Anyone have SW Stalling issues? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:37 pm

If your mileage is >6K it is probably not air filter, but that is something to check. I changed mine recently and it made a significant difference.

I would change plugs....then pull cover off air filter for inspection...

Don't know how to do this, but if there is a way to check fuel contamination. Ordinarily trash in fuel line can do this. Or moisture. Just never had experience for that on a Swing. Wait for advice from another poster.

Gary
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have SW Stalling issues?   Anyone have SW Stalling issues? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:15 pm

I would check the plugs first but also the fuel filter too. I have a "Pictorial" on how to change the plugs so you may want to check it out. I will try to find it and post it here too. You can also go to www.scootertrap.com and then go to the Silver Wing 600 section, and then scroll to the middle of the page to get my Pictorials. Matt, at scootertrap is able to put them on a pdf file where we have to use a "file sharing" site to store files.

https://www.silverwing600.com/maintenance-tips-and-hints-f7/spark-plug-removal-and-replacement-pictorial-t22.htm

Maybe others have checked their fuel filter and will chime in. I will also refer to the owners manual to see where it is. Maybe try some fuel injector cleaner too. Keep us informed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have SW Stalling issues?   Anyone have SW Stalling issues? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:12 am

You stated that fuel was being used at a higher rate.

After the new plug install. Hopefully that does the trick...if not.

One more thing came to mined...the fuel pressure. Is it to high? If you have a Honda Shop Service manual it's interesting reading.

DennisB
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have SW Stalling issues?   Anyone have SW Stalling issues? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:25 am

Dunno enough about these scoots yet, but I bet that there is a bit of crap in one fuel injector stopping it from closing fully. Worth a look, as it would match the symptoms of too much fuel being sucked through. Injector cleaner may not be able to dissolve it. Any black smoke from the exhaust?
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have SW Stalling issues?   Anyone have SW Stalling issues? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:13 am

Hi Kurt,

Your absolutely right about that. A little bit of fuel F/I cleaner would be a good thing to run through it. Sure wouldn't hurt and read the instructions carfully for the correct amount to add.

You might want to call Honda to see what they use or recommend to use in the scoot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have SW Stalling issues?   Anyone have SW Stalling issues? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 5:32 pm

Seafoam, works great.
Back to top Go down
forgitaboutut
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have SW Stalling issues?   Anyone have SW Stalling issues? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:56 pm

Thanks!!
as it is an intermittent problem,and only seems to happen after a longer ride....
I'll have to take out all day sat. Cool to see if happens again!
I'm gonna try a little Seafoam & change the plugs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have SW Stalling issues?   Anyone have SW Stalling issues? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone have SW Stalling issues?
Page 1 of 1