Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 4:29 pm

» Goodbye guys
Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 4:27 pm

» noise under load
Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Yesterday at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology

Go down 
+6
"Hi Yo"
NWSSC
GHM-PM
MikeO
Cosmic_Jumper
john grinsel
10 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3299
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology Empty
PostSubject: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 2:26 pm

Every time I post something---Cosmic Jumper moves it around---pure power play in my book---Latest he moved thing I wrote on 3 day day and possible 49 state ride 2017.  He put in rides and then as I see it only Admin can reply.   This is BS to me.

I think membership could at least gain something from it in Latest  Topics where people read/gain something/comment.

Have ABS problem now....but afraid to post something on progress/costs,etc....as it might get moved around or?
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 2:48 pm

I'm going to recuse myself from this topic, however I did post a question to the other Admin/Mods on Monday, April 3rd regarding who may have "Locked" recent posts. So far none of the other Admin/Mods have responded to that inquiry. Hopefully now that you aired your grievance someone will step up and resolve the issue.

Tim
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3798
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 4:20 pm

Sorry, Tim - I missed all this.

Not guilty of locking anything recently.

I know from experience how irritating and depressing it can be when being slagged off for trying to do the right thing.

I'm passed caring and just do what I think, hopefully with the agreement of all of us.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2568
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 7:09 pm

I have moved John's posts, as he just drops them wherever they may fall.  Sorry if this wasn't good, but it is hard to find his posts when in wrong area.  I have not knowingly locked any posts or topics.  If I did accidentally, I apologize, but if so have no idea how I did it!   Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 3:02 am

Glenn, if you scroll to the bottom of any thread you will see all the tools needed to 'do' things like locking threads.
There's a drop-down menu entitled 'Quick mod tools'.

Smile

(edited for punctuation)

Last edited by MikeO on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 7:39 am

Thanks Mike. That is how I moved topics. But have not hit the lock topic to my knowledge...
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 10:54 am

I have to offer my apology to Mr Grinsel and explain what took place. When you added your "Maybe going to ride 49 states..." to the existing "20W-50 Castrol..." topic (which shouldn't have been in Introductions either), the Topic continuity got out of hand.

When your "49 state..." post was moved to the more appropriate Riding Topic it went to the root of that Topic section. It was brought to my attention by Cliffyk that only Admins are able to reply to posts in the root section.  Who knew? "Mea culpa" So, yes, you were unintentionally "locked" from that thread. It's not a "power play" by anyone, it's the way the forum works when things go wrong.

Mr Grinsel your post has now been moved to 'Rides and Stories' where you can post additional comments. It is unfortunate that you were inconvenienced but if you had initiated your post in an appropriate Topic -instead of hijacking another conversation- this would never have taken place.

While I learned something new about moving posts from this dust up, the necessity of handling hijacked threads was also reinforced. Going forward, hijacked threads and posts initiated in the wrong Topic will continue to be moved. You just may have to expend a little more effort to find it.

Thanks to Cliffyk for his help in this matter.

Tim
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 11:33 am

Looks very good to me, Tim.

It takes good grace and courage to apologize; I expect 'Grumpy' John will appreciate it whether or not he says so.

Onwards and upwards! Smile
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 12:28 pm

Good information for all of us. Thanks for the clarification, Tim.
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Subject: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology    Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 12:47 pm

Amen, I think decent weather can not arrive soon enough so we can all go for a good long ride. Wink Howard
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 3:29 pm

MikeO wrote:
Sorry,

I'm passed caring and just do what I think, hopefully with the agreement of all of us.

Carry on young man, I for one appreciate what y'all do for us.

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 4:43 pm

Thank you, Hi Yo; you've always been supportive and it's very much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3299
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 7:51 am

Ok---I see people other than Admin can now make replies. Thanks.

I am having ABS problem, where should I post comments so it doesn't get moved around and nobody can read/comment?
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 8:22 am

Mm - interesting point, John.
I've looked at the titles of sections on the Forum and am forced to admit I can't find one labelled 'Help' or 'Problems'.
Perhaps I've overlooked it.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 8:23 am

john grinsel wrote:
Ok---I see people other than Admin can now make replies. Thanks.

I am having ABS problem, where should I post comments so it doesn't get moved around and nobody can read/comment?

Seems like that would belong in the " Honda Silver Wing" Topics of the "Silver Wing" Forum".

Click on "Forum" on the blue tool bar; drop down to "Honda Silver Wing" under Forums; the click on ""Silver Wing Topics".

Alternatively it might also go in the "Maintenance, Tips and Hints" of that same Forum.

Tim
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 8:53 am

Understood, Tim.
I think it needs to be more easily spotted.
I wondered about 'Maintenance, Tips and Hints' but that doesn't lend itself to someone asking for help with a specific problem.
I think we need a section labelled 'Help'.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 9:59 am

I agree that we need a "Help" section, Mike. I'm sure others could also offer suggestions for other enhancements to the forum as well. However revamping the forum is above my pay grade. I'm still working out 'how to administrate'.

Tim
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 10:38 am

Same here, Tim; I try to avoid attempting anything as technical as that.
I fear my finger seems drawn automatically to any button marked 'DELETE'!
Back to top Go down
Modernman1953
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2016-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 9:16 pm

John,

If you apply to the admins, I am confident they will refund every penny you paid for your online subscription.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 7:24 pm

Hi Yo wrote:
Modernman1953 wrote:
John, If you apply to the admins, I am confident they will refund every penny you paid for your online subscription.  

Mine was promptly refunded.

Well, we do reserve the right to retain your application fee.
Back to top Go down
Lost it
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2019-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 10:13 am

I didn't know there was a fee... Where do I pay?
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 11:02 am

Tongues in cheeks. ;-)

From time to time here (fortunately very rarely) as on other forums, things get a bit heated.
Usually on Silverwing600 things get sorted out with good humour and 'tongue-in-cheekness'.

That's what happened here, methinks.

We are fortunate that the owner of the site doesn't ask for contributions although I suspect enough of us would if he asked. :-)
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 12:27 pm

Love it, all refunds will be issued the 2nd Tuesday of last week.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1987
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 2:14 pm

oldwingguy wrote:
Love it, all refunds will be issued the 2nd Tuesday of last week.

I can hardly wait for the second Tuesday of last week. I need that money now and last week's 2nd Tuesday will work out just fine for me.
Back to top Go down
Lost it
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2019-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 2:23 pm

If you didn't apply for a refund before the 30th of February, it's too late.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology   Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Complaint---Admin Cosmic Jumper, And An Apology
Page 1 of 1