Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 4:29 pm

» Goodbye guys
Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 4:27 pm

» noise under load
Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Yesterday at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Removal of Fairing

Go down 
+8
Ginahardison
Opalsboy
Cornishman
jdeereanton
exavid
DennisB
KurtPerthWA
Babylonbouy
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Babylonbouy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Removal of Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Removal of Fairing   Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 9:43 pm

Hi
I have vibration coming from the fairing on closer inspection noticed that the allen key screw on the left side is not connected in any way can only presume the lug has broken off. Anyone advise on the removal of fairing or any links to photo tutorial have searched youtube to no avail.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Removal of Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Removal of Fairing   Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 9:47 pm

Stop riding that scoot on those goat tracks you lot call highways!!!ROFLMAO.
There are some photo images on tupperware removal on here somewhere, try the maintenance section. Use the word "removal" in the search field above.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Removal of Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Removal of Fairing   Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 9:52 pm

Hi,

Give this thread a try.

https://www.youtube.com/user/HondaSilverWing400
Back to top Go down
Babylonbouy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Removal of Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Removal of Fairing   Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 9:56 pm

Thanks Dennis After living in Queensland for a few years then moving to Sydney I do agree that the Sydney roads are no better than goat tracks
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Removal of Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Removal of Fairing   Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:17 am

Good link, looks like someone with experience at it can get a lot of plastic off in twenty minutes. Looks a lot easier than taking the stuff off my Goldwing.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Removal of Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Removal of Fairing   Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 4:34 am

I am not so mechanically inclined, but with the service manual within easy reach I can actually remove the front cover and attendant pieces in about half an hour.

Removal of body work requires far fewer tools than I expected it would. A good set of hex keys and a #2 and #3 cross tip screwdriver were all I needed.

Mind those push/pull plastic fasteners.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Removal of Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Removal of Fairing   Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:36 am

I've had this problem on my Silverwing. The tab that the Allen hex bolt fastens to had broken as had the left hand tab near where your left knee will be when riding.

The front fairing comes off fairly easily. Remove the plastic cover between windscreen and headlamp, use a credit card or similar as in the video. Once you have the windscreen off and the black instrument binnacle cover, remove the radiator grille starting with the two plastic plugs situated under the bike. then proceed to remove the fairing.

Repair the tabs and splint them with extra plastic. I found that plastic, square section rain gutter cut to required sizes and shapes works well. Use a dremel multitool grider or similar to rough up the surfaces on splints and inner cover.

Last edited by Cornishman on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Removal of Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Removal of Fairing   Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:37 am

Trim Clips - Needed Information.

Removal of Fairing Button11
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Removal of Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Removal of Fairing   Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:37 am

Dennis... Good day to you my OK friend.
Have you ever taken the front of the scoot off to the extent shown in the YouTube link you mentioned above? Looks fairly simple even for a rambuckous guy like me. In my opionion the only part of the project that is of a nature that someone with NO experience would find challenging are the push/pull trim clips. Someone should locate the guy that came up with that little item and push/pull a couple of the clips up his rectum. Once you hold one of them in your hand and see how they work it is not TOO bad, but to a newbie, they are hair pullers. I was fortunate to have you show me how they work when you put my outlets in. Without you doing that, I would still be trying to get one out. Or, knowing me, the drill would have been put to work. Or if that didn't work, the hammer and chisel.
My advice to any new member that wants to do a project like this on your own... use the resources available on this forum. Both written and human resources here can save you a lot of headaches. You will be amazed at how easy some of the projects are with help from our fellow members of this forum. Jeff has the pictorals for a lot of things and Dennis and others have the expertise that we should be paying big bucks for their advice.
This is such a great forum. Thank you all for the input you share here.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Removal of Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Removal of Fairing   Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:06 pm

Hi Gary,

Yes...I have taken the front fairing off my scooter twice now. The last time was to repace it. That was interesting. A person needs to take all the bottom fairing screws out first and don't forget the one, up on the horn bracket.
Back to top Go down
Ginahardison
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2024-01-05

Removal of Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Removal of Fairing   Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 5:56 pm

Does anyone know of a manual that has pictures on how to assemble and disassemble Honda Silverwing, 07 all part, fairing and engine.
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2020-12-26

Removal of Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Removal of Fairing   Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 7:18 pm

Ginahardison wrote:
Does anyone know of a manual that has pictures on how to assemble and disassemble Honda Silverwing, 07 all part, fairing and engine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dcdcpxkyuauh44x/Honda%202002-2013%20Honda%20Silverwing%20Service%20Manual.pdf?dl=0
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2022-05-31

Removal of Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Removal of Fairing   Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 9:36 am

For the fairing removal, I used this YT video that I found very helpful:

https://youtu.be/19u2exF8Kj4?si=NJhmy8yjs4GFIa6b

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
welshman in canada
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2023-09-03

Removal of Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Removal of Fairing   Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 12:16 pm

I also used the video Erdoc48 is suggesting. Very simple job
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Removal of Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Removal of Fairing   Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2024 10:08 am

I, too, looked at this interesting removal procedure for the front cowl... BUT... when are people going to learn how to make a proper training blog... doesn't anyone know the value of proper lighting???? Being able to easily see what is being talked about or "pointed" out is critical to most all procedures...

Sorry about the rant but I get tired of seeing these things done haphazardly .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Removal of Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Removal of Fairing   Removal of Fairing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Removal of Fairing
Page 1 of 1