Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Givi AF214 Airflow Adjustable Windshield install on 2012 SW
Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 11:58 am

» Drive faces
Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska I_icon_minitimeby DavidinDunnellon Yesterday at 7:04 pm

» Power to gps handlebar mounted
Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska I_icon_minitimeby gettyuptogo Yesterday at 5:42 pm

» Replacing front indicator bulb. How?
Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:32 pm

» Easy gps connection to brake switch
Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska I_icon_minitimeby gettyuptogo Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:14 pm

» First impressions of the silver wing
Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska I_icon_minitimeby RedRaider Sun Sep 15, 2024 12:04 pm

» Throttle Body Jiggle Valve
Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Sun Sep 15, 2024 5:24 am

» 2025 Silverwing 600!
Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Sat Sep 14, 2024 6:22 pm

» From Dayton, Ohio
Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Sep 13, 2024 2:05 pm

» Hello from Fort Worth,Tx
Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska I_icon_minitimeby RedRaider Thu Sep 12, 2024 4:59 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska

Go down 
+2
Modernman1953
Colinkeefe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Colinkeefe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-08-14

Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska   Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 1:35 am

Long-time rider but first time scooter owner...I purchased a 2009 last week and am getting acquainted with the machinations of this new (to me) type of two-wheeled transportation.  The bike was showroom with only 3K miles. I bought it from an RV dealer in Omaha that takes trades on almost anything (cars, boats, cycles) and feel like I stole it.  I would have paid more if I'd bought it from a cycle shop and still felt happy about it.  I was comfortable buying it from them as it was the same place I bought my RV from so I knew the people and their reputation is good.
I like to ride long distance so I wanted something that was simple, comfortable, reliable and no drama.  I've done most (but not all) of my touring over the years on two separate PC800's and never had to worry if the bike would get me there and back.

So I've had it only a week now and I can't stay off the damn thing.  I'm kicking myself for not having one sooner!

Looking forward to a long relationship with this Silverwing and advice, tips and tricks from members of this forum.

Cheers, Colin Keefe
Back to top Go down
Modernman1953
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2016-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska   Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 2:29 am

Welcome to the forum.

Find a used Corbin seat. They are out there and worth the money. You can add quality time and miles to your trips with one.

A simple throttle lock will make your riding comfortable.

The stock windshield is for in town riding. On the highway, it will put a solid blast of wind into your helmet. A Givi adjustable is nice.
Back to top Go down
pgnz
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
pgnz

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2017-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska   Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 4:56 am

Same for me, off a PC800 and on a SW400, getting twice the mileage I used to do on the PC with more comfort and pleasure, bought a tall Givi screen and a new set of Diablo tyres and am away most if not all weekends, Make sure you get some good tyres, lots of info for that is on this site, and a tall screen is an absolute bonus so you can use an open face helmet all the time. Keer riding !!
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska   Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 8:15 am

Hello Colinkeefe. Thank you for your introduction. Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure that you'll find that your new Sillverwing is well suited to LD travel. It is a Touring Class scooter after all.

I've just returned from a 5 day, 2400 mile, solo ride to northern Iowa and had no problem sustaining 80-85 mph for those 500-600 mile days.

As mentioned above, unless you are a wee lad, you might want to consider upgrading the windscreen to a Givi AF214 adjustible screen. I agree with PGNZ about the Pirelli Diablo tires. While the rear tire is good for 8-10000 miles, I find that the "stickyness' of the Diablo to be reassuring. Of course you could also go to the Darkside, but that's another discussion.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska   Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 9:21 am

Hi Colin and welcome to the best SWing site on the net.

I have an 08 SWing and really like it. I also have Pirelli Diablo tires on mine and like the way they handle. I had to put a new rear tire on this summer and went with another Diablo.

This is my fourth season with it and it's been trouble free. I also put a Battery Tender Lithium Ion battery in it the second season and have had no problems with it. I put it on the Battery Tender Jr. charger about once a month during the 11 1/2 months of winter we have up here just to keep it fully charged for those 2 weeks we can ride... LOL
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska   Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 9:36 am

Welcome from o-HI-o. Monday the 21st you can test the lighting system in the middle of the day cheers
Back to top Go down

Greetings from Lincoln Nebraska
Page 1 of 1