Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Givi AF214 Airflow Adjustable Windshield install on 2012 SW
Thanks for the add. I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 10:58 am

» Drive faces
Thanks for the add. I_icon_minitimeby DavidinDunnellon Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Power to gps handlebar mounted
Thanks for the add. I_icon_minitimeby gettyuptogo Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» Replacing front indicator bulb. How?
Thanks for the add. I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:32 pm

» Easy gps connection to brake switch
Thanks for the add. I_icon_minitimeby gettyuptogo Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:14 pm

» First impressions of the silver wing
Thanks for the add. I_icon_minitimeby RedRaider Sun Sep 15, 2024 11:04 am

» Throttle Body Jiggle Valve
Thanks for the add. I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:24 am

» 2025 Silverwing 600!
Thanks for the add. I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:22 pm

» From Dayton, Ohio
Thanks for the add. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:05 pm

» Hello from Fort Worth,Tx
Thanks for the add. I_icon_minitimeby RedRaider Thu Sep 12, 2024 3:59 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Thanks for the add.

Go down 
+4
The Bern
oldwingguy
Cosmic_Jumper
Jim Caudill
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jim Caudill
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2018-03-02

Thanks for the add. Empty
PostSubject: Thanks for the add.   Thanks for the add. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 3:23 pm

Hello everyone. I've been a long time lurker, but just purchased my 2007 Silverwing about a week ago. I used this forum and others to try and educate myself before making a purchase decision. I have been riding two wheeled motorized vehicles since I was 14 and I'll be 67 in a little while. My first Silverwing was a GL500 that I got for my wife to go along with my GL1500 Goldwing. So, same name but totally different machine. My current cycles/scooter are the GL1500 (Goldwing), NS250 (Reflex), FSC600 (Silverwing), and my antique 1948 Salsbury scooter. The Salsbury company developed the CVT transmission that all of today's are based on. Salsbury held the patent for many years and they sold their transmissions to golf cart and snowmobile manufacturers.

Thanks for the add. Img_0010
Thanks for the add. Img_0210

Everyone knows what a Silverwing looks like, so I thought I'd post a picture of my Salsbury and the transmission.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the add.   Thanks for the add. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 3:56 pm

Nice scoot! Welcome to the forum, Jim.

Curiously the guy who won the last Scooter Cannon Ball Run rally took advantage of rule loopholes by entering a 1946 Salsbury scooter into which he'd stuffed a Ninja 250cc engine & trans along with an aux fuel tank. He won, hands down, because the scooter was "so old" that he ran with a negative handicap for the rally. The rules were subsequently changed to make things more equitable.

Tim
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the add.   Thanks for the add. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 8:48 pm

Jim welcome, I'm going to have to go through my old photos from a scooter rally in your neck of the woods. Everything from King Midgets to Salsbury and some I hadn't heard of before.
Back to top Go down
Jim Caudill
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2018-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the add.   Thanks for the add. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 10:22 pm

I was president of the Salsbury Restorers Society for four years. We typically go to the Mid-Ohio Classic Scooter Show in Plain City, OH that is held in May, The Vintage Motorbike Club Meet every July in Portland, IN, and a few others on an irregular basis. Both of the shows I mentioned have King Midgets and some other unusual stuff. We typically have 4 to 6 Salsburys at Plain City and as many as a dozen in Portland (last year it was 13). I'm hoping the Silverwing will ease the pain of selling my Goldwing. The Reflex is a very nice scooter, but it doesn't lend itself to sustained freeway riding. I do it for 20 miles or so, but that is about it. I'm thinking the Silverwing is capable of going anywhere the Goldwing can - just maybe not as comfortably.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the add.   Thanks for the add. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 3:57 am

Smile Hello & Welcome bud Smile great looking machine, not seen one this side of the pond
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the add.   Thanks for the add. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 4:05 am

This might interest some .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORhUFfagt-8 .... Salsbury features at 6:28
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the add.   Thanks for the add. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 8:31 am

Welcome to the fold, Jim. That's a very interesting and fascinating scooter you have there. I had never even heard of the brand before. And the Youtube video was much appreciated, Thanks The Bern.
Jay.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the add.   Thanks for the add. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 8:41 am

Jim Caudill wrote:
I was president of the Salsbury Restorers Society for four years. We typically go to the Mid-Ohio Classic Scooter Show in Plain City, OH that is held in May, The Vintage Motorbike Club Meet every July in Portland, IN, and a few others on an irregular basis. Both of the shows I mentioned have King Midgets and some other unusual stuff. We typically have 4 to 6 Salsburys at Plain City and as many as a dozen in Portland (last year it was 13). I'm hoping the Silverwing will ease the pain of selling my Goldwing. The Reflex is a very nice scooter, but it doesn't lend itself to sustained freeway riding. I do it for 20 miles or so, but that is about it. I'm thinking the Silverwing is capable of going anywhere the Goldwing can - just  maybe not as comfortably.

That's the place, good old stuff and parts and bikes for sale. It was the first place I rode my S'wing to. Three of us on scoots went.
Back to top Go down
ItBeMe
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2017-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the add.   Thanks for the add. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 9:08 am

Welcome Jim. Thanks
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2017-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the add.   Thanks for the add. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 10:06 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Nice scoot! Welcome to the forum, Jim.

Curiously the guy who won the last Scooter Cannon Ball Run rally took advantage of rule loopholes by entering a 1946 Salsbury scooter into which he'd stuffed a Ninja 250cc engine & trans along with an aux fuel tank. He won, hands down, because the scooter was "so old" that he ran with a negative handicap for the rally. The rules were subsequently changed to make things more equitable.

Tim

Many long time Cannon Ball competitors simply did not register or have dropped out of the Competition because of the rules Loopholes you refer to. Spending several thousand Dollars and two weeks lost time to run for second place has turned lots of guys off, Most I talk to will not be back.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the add.   Thanks for the add. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 2:18 pm

cotetoi wrote:
Welcome to the fold, Jim. That's a very interesting and fascinating scooter you have there. I had never even heard of the brand before. And the Youtube video was much appreciated, Thanks The Bern.
Jay.

Pleasure Jay, I also had never heard of the brand before, circumstances are strange things, I was looking at a video on a Brit' forum a couple of weeks ago & that was the next in line, the name stuck in my mind, particularly liked the version with 'plexiglass' screen Cool
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2018-01-22

PostSubject: Thanks   Thanks for the add. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 4:42 am

Welcome. Looking forward to more great pictures in the future.
Back to top Go down

Thanks for the add.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: