Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Mechanics in Los Angeles?
Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  I_icon_minitimeby Whiteclay Today at 2:45 pm

» Drive faces
Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:38 pm

» V Belt Light
Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 12:39 pm

» 2025 Silverwing 600!
Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 8:17 am

» Introducing ME
Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:21 am

» Mid-Ohio Parade Lap, Pro Football HOF Fail, Upstate NY
Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 11:50 am

» Slow gas leak
Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  I_icon_minitimeby mavericksssrig Yesterday at 11:08 am

» At 85, got new bike
Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  I_icon_minitimeby DavidinDunnellon Yesterday at 10:36 am

» Cold Start Fast Idle?
Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:23 pm

» Greetings from the UK
Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:18 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from a newbie from South Dakota

Go down 
+5
Dale N.
oldwingguy
Cosmic_Jumper
DickO
dragonknight76
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dragonknight76
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dragonknight76

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2019-03-24

Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  Empty
PostSubject: Hello from a newbie from South Dakota    Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 11:44 pm

Just joined the site and wanted to say Hi.

Just got an 04 Silverwing(Only one that was for sale in a 4 state area near me) and am loving it. Always wanted one but could never find one in my area.

My new baby has 56000 miles on it but still purrs like a kitten.

Eugene
aka dragonknight76

Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  03201910

Last edited by dragonknight76 on Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1019
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie from South Dakota    Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 1:21 am

Welcome to the site... this is certainly the place to be for SilverWings !!!
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie from South Dakota    Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 7:10 am

Hello Dragonknight. Thank you for your introduction. Welcome to the forum.

SoDak is a vast place. Where in SoDak are you located?

Tim
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie from South Dakota    Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 8:55 am

Welcome to the site from o-HI-o.
Back to top Go down
dragonknight76
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dragonknight76

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie from South Dakota    Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 9:12 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Hello Dragonknight. Thank you for your introduction. Welcome to the forum.

SoDak is a vast place. Where in SoDak are you located?

Tim

I live in Sioux Falls
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie from South Dakota    Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 9:32 am

Hi Dragonknight and welcome to the best SWing forum on the net. Sorry I couldn't help you with logging on but I'm a newbie at this moderator thing and am still learning. I'm glad Tim figured it out for you.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1600
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie from South Dakota    Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 1:11 pm

Hi dragonknight, welcome aboard. (Looks like you have the Givi 214 screen?). Your SW looks very clean and tidy. If you're as absent minded as me, leaving your key in the seat lock can be dangerous.

When a fellow biker comes over to you in a cafe, holds out his hand and says, 'here are your keys, they were in your seat lock', it's an awkward moment !

Enjoy your new baby. I'm sure you'll find most, if not everything you need to know about this querky contraption from Honda.
Back to top Go down
dragonknight76
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dragonknight76

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie from South Dakota    Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 1:58 pm

Loosebearing wrote:
Hi dragonknight, welcome aboard. (Looks like you have the Givi 214 screen?). Your SW looks very clean and tidy. If you're as absent minded as me, leaving your key in the seat lock can be dangerous.

When a fellow biker comes over to you in a cafe, holds out his hand and says, 'here are your keys, they were in your seat lock', it's an awkward moment !

Enjoy your new baby. I'm sure you'll find most, if not everything you need to know about this querky contraption from Honda.

Yup that is a Givi 214 screen. Previous owner installed it.
The previous owner took very good care of it and I am proud to be its 2nd owner.

I know the feeling about the key. Have not done it on my SW yet but have done it on a previous scoot I had. But I did lock my keys under the seat already. Glad I was at home and the spare key was in the house.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1600
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie from South Dakota    Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 3:21 pm

I have the same screen.

A friend of mine told me that if you do lock your 'only' key under the seat, you can unlock the seat by feeding your hand up the inside of the plastic cover and grab the cable end. By tugging it (I can't remember in which direction), it will release the seat.

Breach of security?...beware !...still worth knowing...if it's true?
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2013-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie from South Dakota    Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 2:32 pm

I Pray you have miles of smiles.
Back to top Go down
Scootypuff Snr
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Scootypuff Snr

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2017-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie from South Dakota    Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 9:49 am

Welcome Eugene
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3819
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie from South Dakota    Hello from a newbie from South Dakota  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 1:46 pm

Hello from me, too.
I have a non-chipped key which I attach to my house keys when I take the Silverwing out so I always have one in my pocket, just in case!
Back to top Go down

Hello from a newbie from South Dakota
Page 1 of 1