Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Dr Pulley 26g weights

Go down 
+5
JamieB
Loosemarbles
steve_h80
johnd
Terry Smith
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2020-03-11

Dr Pulley 26g weights Empty
PostSubject: Dr Pulley 26g weights   Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2020 4:07 am

Based on what I read online I went ahead and got some DP 26g weights, and I put those in last week. I had my first ride with them today and all I can say is WOW. These have transformed the Swing from swift to actually pretty fast, especially in the 60-80km/hr range. I had been riding my ST1300 for a 500km ride most of the day before the Swing testride, and was pleasantly surprised with how nippy the Swing now feels. Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 26g weights   Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2020 9:49 am

Hello Terry. I had a beautiful Red ST 1100. I also replaced my DP weights I believe 24oz. ?
Years ago and honestly, I sold it because it was not as fun around town and even more fun than my ST on the road. There are only two things in my mind that would make this scooter(motorcycle) the best in the world.
Number 1, the little tires and 2 going around mountains roads downhill without the drag and help of gears. I suppose I could buy a Burghman 650 with the push button downshift but would still have the tire issue. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 26g weights   Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2020 5:18 pm

Dr Pulley 26g weights Img_0010
Dr Pulley 26g weights Img_0210

I've had the pleasure of owning both the 1100 and now the 1300. The 1100 I bought as a "do-up" project, not my normal style of bike (preferring sportier toys) but I was also keen to find out if a more relaxed ride position would help my bad wrists and keep me riding longer. It had been barn-stored for 10 years and was in a sorry state, but I worked my way throught the carbs, tank, cooling system, brakes, tyres and suspension and ended up with a fantastic runner that I kept for 40,000km and sold for nearly 3x what I paid for it.

Last year I decided to upgrade to the 1300, hoping it would be the best of both worlds, the comfort of the 1100 but in more sporting clothes, and I've not been disappointed. The 1300 had already had a good suspension makeover so all I've done is tweak that and add tyres. It's an incredible handler on fast country roads, and all-day (or all-week) comfy, my best day so far was 1200km of twisty roads, only stopping for fuel.

The 1100 was certainly more of a calm, gentlemanly machine than the 1300, but the 1300 is a much tidier bike when the going gets twisty.

My Silverwing is another do-up project and I've already rebult the suspension (15W oil and an extra 8mm preload, new seals and bushings up front, and Hagon shocks at the rear) and brakes and just replaced the belt and the roller weights, but I'm limited to 20 minute rides as the alternator is dead so I can only ride for as long as the battery holds up. COVID hold-ups have meant the alternator ordered in March got returned to the shipper in June, and my new alternator is still on the water/air...
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 26g weights   Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2020 5:51 pm

Dr Pulley 26g weights Img_1310
Dr Pulley 26g weights Img_1410
This is where I've got up to with my scooter. I've been working hard on aesthetics and had to rebuild most of the fairing mounting tabs (which had been smashed off, then the panels refitted with silicone sealer!), fit a new screen, new mirrors, replace some awful low bars with the correct ones and the shroud, repaint the forks, wheels and swingarm, replace the muffler trim, repaint the grab rail and pillion peg mounts, and recover the seat. I had to buy a new rear fender as the old one was...missing. Not sure how/why that would happen.

Along the way I've repaired the switchpod mounts and brake microswitches too. Once I'm happy with the engine I will be doing a repaint of the bodywork. I've also put LED headlights and taillights in, which has helped the battery life in my constant loss electrical system...Next up is some new tyres which I'm expecting will make it feel like a whole new bike again, always amazing what a difference that makes.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 26g weights   Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2020 3:12 pm

I like the screen, much neater than the standard barn door affair.
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 26g weights   Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2020 5:27 pm

steve_h80 wrote:
I like the screen, much neater than the standard barn door affair.

That is an MRA-R in light smoke; my bike never had the stock screen so I can't say whether it is better or worse than that. Certainly a nicely finished part however.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 26g weights   Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 2:40 pm

I've been meaning fit my Dr Pulley 26g weights since last October but today I did it and, yeah, what a difference. (I had 26g Polini rollers in there previously).

I now have much better, smoother acceleration with less vibration, better low speed handling and the engine is running 400rpm less at 70mph. (now 5100rpm).

What's not to like?
Back to top Go down
JamieB
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
JamieB

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 26g weights   Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 5:00 pm

And you fitted yourself, makes it even better.thumbs up
Back to top Go down
thecruiser
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2021-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 26g weights   Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2021 8:44 am

Loosemarbles wrote:
I've been meaning fit my Dr Pulley 26g weights since last October but today I did it and, yeah, what a difference. (I had 26g Polini rollers in there previously).

I now have much better, smoother acceleration with less vibration, better low speed handling and the engine is running 400rpm less at 70mph. (now 5100rpm).

What's not to like?

I ordered a set of Dr P's 26gr but they are back ordered from Scooterparts Catalog. I've looked elsewhere but NO ONE has them in stock. Scooterparts says they should be in in early June I think they said but of course, no promises. I'm holding off on changing the belt til hopefully the Dr Pully parts arrive.
Looking forward to them.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 26g weights   Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2021 3:13 pm

Have you tried ordering them direct from the Dr Pulley website? That's how I got mine and I found them very easy to deal with.
Back to top Go down
thecruiser
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2021-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 26g weights   Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2021 9:59 pm

steve_h80 wrote:
Have you tried ordering them direct from the Dr Pulley website? That's how I got mine and I found them very easy to deal with.

I canceled my order with Scooterparts and tried to order from Dr Pulley but they wouldn't accept my CC. I've been trying to order the 26gm sliders and can't find them in-stock any where. I think the 24gm are more available,... maybe. I'm not sure I understand what changing to a lighter slider would effect the rpm's.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 26g weights   Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 3:25 am

Mine are 25gm. More revs, more go and I use more gas - not because of the revs but because if I can go faster inevitability I will ;-)
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 26g weights   Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 2:28 pm

thecruiser wrote:
I canceled my order with Scooterparts and tried to order from Dr Pulley but they wouldn't accept my CC. I've been trying to order the 26gm sliders and can't find them in-stock any where. I think the 24gm are more available,... maybe.(Snip)

Did you try using Pay Pal? Quite possibly too many fees associated with using a credit card for an international transaction. Pay Pal has always worked for me when dealing direct with Dr Pulley (Union Material).

A close 2nd would be TechPulley Flying Roller II. Same material as Dr Pulley. You won’t be disappointed with these either. Here’s a link for 26gmTechPulleys on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233321767350?epid=17007759769&hash=item36530fa1b6:g:RhYAAOSwDG1dYVzh
Back to top Go down
Japcati
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2021-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 26g weights   Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2021 8:43 am

New forum member here.
Based on some googling I did,and this post popping up on google,I've ordered the DR Pulley 26g sliders,those 4 little slider plates and a new belt.
Ordered direct from Dr Pulley last night and shipped this morning.
Oh and  Malosi white spring
Be interesting to see how it goes when it's all fitted.
Back to top Go down
Grasshopper710
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2021-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 26g weights   Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2021 11:27 am

Japcati... How do I follow this thread because I'm looking forward to report follow up about your results. I really want to know what response this gives you and info about install aside from general YouTube vids. Special tools and torque settings stuff like that.
Thanks.
David in Ohio
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley 26g weights   Dr Pulley 26g weights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr Pulley 26g weights
Page 1 of 1