Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Easy gps connection to brake switch
Hi my silverwing won’t fire up... I_icon_minitimeby gettyuptogo Today at 1:14 pm

» First impressions of the silver wing
Hi my silverwing won’t fire up... I_icon_minitimeby RedRaider Yesterday at 11:04 am

» Throttle Body Jiggle Valve
Hi my silverwing won’t fire up... I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 4:24 am

» 2025 Silverwing 600!
Hi my silverwing won’t fire up... I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:22 pm

» From Dayton, Ohio
Hi my silverwing won’t fire up... I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:05 pm

» Hello from Fort Worth,Tx
Hi my silverwing won’t fire up... I_icon_minitimeby RedRaider Thu Sep 12, 2024 3:59 pm

» Drive faces
Hi my silverwing won’t fire up... I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:57 pm

» Mechanics in Los Angeles?
Hi my silverwing won’t fire up... I_icon_minitimeby Whiteclay Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:45 pm

» V Belt Light
Hi my silverwing won’t fire up... I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Sat Sep 07, 2024 12:39 pm

» Introducing ME
Hi my silverwing won’t fire up... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:21 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hi my silverwing won’t fire up...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Musky dog
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2020-10-25

Hi my silverwing won’t fire up... Empty
PostSubject: Hi my silverwing won’t fire up...   Hi my silverwing won’t fire up... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2020 7:01 am

Hi my silverwing won't fire up I've got fuel all the lights go off on the dash apart from the oil and abs light. it turns over there's spark at the plugs I've changed those I've put a new solanoid starter on it the only thing I haven't done yet is changed the battery when I turn it over I can smell petrol fumes from the exhaust I've checked petrol is coming out of the spark plug ports.  I have to say that the spark isn't very much. up until 2 weeks ago it was running great. but then I never used after went back to last week now nothing
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hi my silverwing won’t fire up...   Hi my silverwing won’t fire up... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2020 7:26 am

Musky dog it's usually customary to introduce yourself in the "Introduction" section before you start posting. What year is your SWing? How many miles? Who are you and where do you live? Etc. Etc.
The search box at the top left is your friend. You can find most anything for help there.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4208
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Hi my silverwing won’t fire up   Hi my silverwing won’t fire up... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2020 7:27 am

Come on mate play the game and have the courtesy to introduce yourself to the forum like it says at the top of the Home page. Instead of rudely barging into a topic on cruise controls and expecting everyone to sort your problems out as if it was top priority.

You mention petrol, so I'd be correct in assuming you're British. Why also are you unwilling to state your location. Dn22 or rather DN22 is the post code for the Retford area of Notts, not that any of the forum members  on the other side of the Pond would know that.

Have another go at your post and tell everyone about yourself and I'm sure you'll be given some advice. I might even dig out my Honda Silver Wing Factory Service Manual and see if I can help. 😷
Back to top Go down
Siataukreg
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Siataukreg

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2014-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Hi my silverwing won’t fire up...   Hi my silverwing won’t fire up... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2020 11:07 am

if you need any parts for it i probably have them
Back to top Go down
cello33
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2018-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Hi my silverwing won’t fire up...   Hi my silverwing won’t fire up... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2020 11:53 am

Had the same with mine at about 25K , could be reduced pressure / manky fuel, I purged the injector pipes of fuel near the injectors and what came ot looked like home made cider, manky particle ridden fuel, it fired up straiht away and has ran since.

I too bought some iridium plugs that made little or no difference to the running , as long as your gaps are ok and you have a spark (yellow) it should run.

My next job was to strip the bike down to the tank so i cold remove the fuel filter but luckily never had to.

My god there's a lot to a silverwing , you need a empty garage to store all the parts as you strip the bike down. Honda certainly put this bike together well for the £1450 i paid for mine , you cant get a decent bicycle for this money let alone a monster scooter!

Now introduce yourself buddy Smile
Back to top Go down

Hi my silverwing won’t fire up...
Page 1 of 1