Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Passenger Back rest
Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:02 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Oct 16, 2024 1:11 pm

» Mini-Mate Camper
Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Wed Oct 16, 2024 7:17 am

» New to the forum
Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Sun Oct 13, 2024 10:10 pm

» Complete Fairing Bolt Kit For silverwing/ worth buying??
Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Thu Oct 10, 2024 7:41 am

» New FPR, new vacuum pipes, still 22mpg
Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands? I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Wed Oct 09, 2024 3:18 am

» Gulf shores, AL
Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands? I_icon_minitimeby Mauryturnsoutitsmine99 Tue Oct 08, 2024 3:52 pm

» Searching for Honda or After Market Part
Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands? I_icon_minitimeby sonuvabug Tue Oct 08, 2024 12:22 pm

» A strange howl
Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:44 am

» First impressions of the silver wing
Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands? I_icon_minitimeby RedRaider Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:04 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
XDM©
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
XDM©

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2019-10-20

Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands? Empty
PostSubject: Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands?   Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2024 5:27 pm

i'm looking to finding another kickstand for my swing, this will now be the second time i'm having to buy a oem kickstand for my bike because the part that you use to kick keeps getting rusted and breaking off. i'm starting to wonder if there's a better solution as the kickstand system still works fine but i can't use my foot to kick it out which is annoying. is there any good third party kickstands out there or are they even trustworthy? we are talking about the mechanism which holds all of the weight of the bike so i have to be careful. i also have the killswitch under there bypassed at the moment (i know i know not the best practice)
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2615
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands?   Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2024 7:39 am

I have never replaced mine in 12 years. Is this a salt corrosion thing? Did you use an old one the 2nd time? eBay is my go-to for kickstands but that may not help you. Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1603
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands?   Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2024 11:26 am

I too am curious about the 'kick' bit of the stand rusting. I take it you are talking about the 'U' shaped attachment. My SW has more rust than your average bike of its age (2001) but the kick stand is fine.

I suppose there must be an alternative out there provided the pivot attachment is of the same dimensions.

Ditto Glenn...keep us posted.

Back to top Go down
XDM©
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
XDM©

PostSubject: Re: Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands?   Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2024 1:38 pm

GHM-PM wrote:
I have never replaced mine in 12 years. Is this a salt corrosion thing? Did you use an old one the 2nd time? eBay is my go-to for kickstands but that may not help you.  Keep us posted!
Nope when it broke I brought a whole new kickstand
I don't have access to a welder to fix it..
I don't know if it's a salt thing because we haven't really had a whole ton of snow over here for them to need to salt the roads recently in the last two years.
Back to top Go down
XDM©
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
XDM©

PostSubject: Re: Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands?   Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2024 1:41 pm

Loosemarbles wrote:
I too am curious about the 'kick' bit of the stand rusting. I take it you are talking about the 'U' shaped attachment. My SW has more rust than your average bike of its age (2001) but the kick stand is fine.

I suppose there must be an alternative out there provided the pivot attachment is of the same dimensions.

Ditto Glenn...keep us posted.

Yeah the little u part is the one that keeps breaking off due to rust if I were to get another one I guess I'll just keep it waxed like I read online.
Back to top Go down

Any trustworthy 3rd party kickstands?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Maintenance, Tips and Hints-
Jump to: