Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Passenger Back rest
New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW. I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:02 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW. I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Oct 16, 2024 1:11 pm

» Mini-Mate Camper
New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Wed Oct 16, 2024 7:17 am

» New to the forum
New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW. I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Sun Oct 13, 2024 10:10 pm

» Complete Fairing Bolt Kit For silverwing/ worth buying??
New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Thu Oct 10, 2024 7:41 am

» New FPR, new vacuum pipes, still 22mpg
New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW. I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Wed Oct 09, 2024 3:18 am

» Gulf shores, AL
New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW. I_icon_minitimeby Mauryturnsoutitsmine99 Tue Oct 08, 2024 3:52 pm

» Searching for Honda or After Market Part
New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW. I_icon_minitimeby sonuvabug Tue Oct 08, 2024 12:22 pm

» A strange howl
New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:44 am

» First impressions of the silver wing
New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW. I_icon_minitimeby RedRaider Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:04 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Carlos
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2024-06-29

New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW. Empty
PostSubject: New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW.   New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2024 3:19 pm

Today, my SW went to MotoCenter, in Lisbon, to take a new "shoe" behind.
It was impressive the wear that 200 km of Highway (Coimbra/Lisbon) gave to the rear Michelin that was in the SW, so, if there was still any doubt that the Michelins when they reach half use their wear increases and a lot and quickly they come to an end, nothing like going back to the Bridgestone Hoop that I like so much and that is the tire recommended by Honda for our machines.

On the front wheel I have a Bridgestone Hoop.

Even so, Michelin still did 12,000 km (around 7,500 miles).

I also took the opportunity to check the condition of the brake pads and they are almost new, so in principle, you are already prepared for the holidays that will be from August, starting on the 14th with the trip to Arganil and then in the following days, Góis Motorcycle Concentration, the second largest in Portugal, right after the Faro Motorcycle Concentration.

(Sorry about my Inglish...)

New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW. Thumbn10
New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW. Thumbn11
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW.   New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2024 8:20 pm

Hoops were fine for my scooter and I replaced one with a puncture with another (that also got a puncture shortly after it was installed)- the only issue I have is with the price (I think I paid $112 US), so now I’m running a Shinko 568 rear (and have the front ready to install once the Hoop up front is shot). The rubber of the Hoop is hard so it was a rather tough installation when I did it, but the ride and handling was quite good. The Shinkos were 1/2 the price.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2615
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW.   New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2024 7:18 am

I have never tried the "Hoop" tires on my SWing. My scooter has had IRC since new, and I am very happy with them. I believe they are standard on the US Silver Wing. They are reasonable and wear like iron. Good luck with yours, I am sure it will drive much better with a new "shoe"!
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4211
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW.   New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2024 9:57 am

I've had Bridgestone Hoops on quite a few maxi scooters going back to the Nineties on a Honda CN 250 Helix. Then on a Yamaha Majesty 250, they were OE tyres on my 400 and 650 Burgmans.

They were also the OE tyres when I bought my Silver Wing new in 2010, and I was happy with Hoops generally until I discovered a delamination blister on a rear tyre. That was enough to lose faith in Bridgestone Hoops, and change tyre brand to Continental.

Since buying my Forza in 2019 I've used both Pirelli Scorpion and Michelin CityGrip 2 tyres, both of which in my opinion are far superior to Bridgestone Hoops in every way apart from wear rate.

Of course Bridgestone may have improved the rubber compound for the Hoops over the years, but the rear did have a tendency to square off whatever size maxi I was riding.

Anyway that's my thought for the day.
Back to top Go down

New Bridgestone Hoop "shoe" for the rear wheel of my SW.
Page 1 of 1