Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
How old are you? I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
How old are you? I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
How old are you? I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
How old are you? I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
How old are you? I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
How old are you? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
How old are you? I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
How old are you? I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
How old are you? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
How old are you? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

How old are you?

Go down 
+40
Loosemarbles
cornishtrailsloth
efinglada
dkazzed
ronslaverda
GHM-PM
DanB
chief253
lesley & John
Old Limey
dspevack
john123
Opalsboy
GaryL
hot shoe
exavid
edbancro
ronjr009
Hammy
DennisB
KINN
crahar
papa johns
billc.
bigbird
honda_silver
Cornishman
MikeO
tankyuong
Waspie
Atlanticfun
DaveR
Bernardo
cruiser
scooterbob
DickO
The Scootist
skiwoods
JeffR
joncallihan
44 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

How old are you?
Under 30
How old are you? I_vote_lcap1%How old are you? I_vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
31-40
How old are you? I_vote_lcap7%How old are you? I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 12 ]
41-50
How old are you? I_vote_lcap17%How old are you? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 31 ]
51-60
How old are you? I_vote_lcap36%How old are you? I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 65 ]
61-70
How old are you? I_vote_lcap28%How old are you? I_vote_rcap
 28% [ 52 ]
71 or older
How old are you? I_vote_lcap11%How old are you? I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 183

AuthorMessage

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 8:08 am

Most of the SW owners I have met are old codgers like me (I'm 65) who have ridden for many years but find it less comfortable than it used to be to mount and shift on a motorcycle, and chose a scooter as a better way to ride. I wonder how many younger riders of the SW are out there or if the SW is really an old guys bike.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:43 am

Considering that I have actually "met" no SW owners (only on line, like this), my guess is that most of us are not young.
Like Vito, I have been a "biker" for some 40+ years (never a Harley, tho).
I got the SW the day after I dropped my BMW K1100LT at a stop sign and needed help from a couple of young people to get it back on its tires.
I've noted on other forums that I have not really enjoyed riding as much as this since I gave up trying to be a trials rider in the early 70's.

I was 71 on my last birthday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi,

I'm 49, soon to be 50, and have ridden scooters since for the last 4-5 years. I rode m/c's since I was 15 and mini-bikes since I was 12. I really find that I just like this big scooters and think I will stay with them for some time. I am looking forward to see if Honda does come out with the Silver Wing 750. Not that I need one, and wouldn't buy one right away, but it would be nice to have larger tires and another 10-15 hp.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:08 pm

Well, so far I'm the pup at the young age of 48! My SW is the first motor driven bike and I bought it just about a year ago. I'm as anxious as a kid on December 23rd waiting for riding season in the midwest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 6:18 pm

Got ya beat skiwoods........I'm 45 pushing 46 this year. But I know I'm not the
youngest one here. Razz
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 6:30 pm

Hey Jeff.
The big 50!
Hope you have something special planned for that day. My wife threw a party for about 60 of our closest friends when I hit 50. I will be 52 this November.
Back to top Go down

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:03 pm

42 Years old and wish I bought the SW years ago.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:27 pm

Hi All,

I am 63 now but will turn over the big 6-4 in about 3 weeks. I'm sorta like "skiwoods" in that I had never had a motorized 2 wheeler of any sort before until I got my '05 bike in June (?) of 2008. I lurked on all the Silver Wing sites for about 3 years debating on whether or not to take the plunge (at my advanced age). However the instructor at the cycle rider's safety course convinced me I'd be alright. I still don't ride a whole lot but come warm weather I'll get to going again.

Ride Safe Friends,
Back to top Go down
scooterbob
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
scooterbob

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-30

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:48 pm

What am I?

Ambitions of a 30 year old stuck in a 52 year old body.

Have a great one
bob
Back to top Go down
cruiser
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
cruiser

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-02-09

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:04 pm

Well I'm a solid 45 adding one in march. scooterbob couldn't have said it better.
The mind says GO the body says Noooo. lol
Back to top Go down

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 8:14 pm

68 years old and feel much younger. The past two years I've done several long distance trips averaging 9000 miles in four months. This year I have plans to travel more often than in the past.
Back to top Go down

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:31 am

Will be 76 next Sat. but still enjoy the rides.... Like some of the others, had a GW 1500 SE up until I got the Swing the 1st of Feb. this year... Just got tired of the up shifting and down shifting w/ the GW... The Swing rides like a dream for me..

Tom G
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:23 am

JeffR wrote:
Hi,

I'm 49, soon to be 50, and have ridden scooters since for the last 4-5 years. I rode m/c's since I was 15 and mini-bikes since I was 12. I really find that I just like this big scooters and think I will stay with them for some time. I am looking forward to see if Honda does come out with the Silver Wing 750. Not that I need one, and wouldn't buy one right away, but it would be nice to have larger tires and another 10-15 hp.

JeffR,

You have just described the Gilera GP800... Exclamation Although sadly, it doesn't have as much underseat storage, but it does have an 850cc V-twin. On a different forum I read one of the guys in Germany has put on a rather awesome sounding leo Vince exhaust, and lighter variator rollers... He says it acclerates quicker and top speed is over 120mph, and quite stable.... When I test rode one 7 months or so ago found it weaved at about 105mph... Anyway I think he has a different screen on his machine, perhaps that has sorted out the weave, or the one I tested had a problem. I'd be interested to see what his new 0-60mph is as the standard Gilera is about 5.7 seconds I believe....
Back to top Go down

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:59 am

I'm hitting the big 60 this July. Somehow I'm not real excited about that. But I work hard fighting it all the way...LOL bounce We just got back from five weeks in Florida last night and while I was there I walked just over 250 miles! I lifted weights and was motivated by my new bike waiting at the Honda dealership in Richmond, IN. I'm so excited to get on and learn about this new bike. After an Elite, and two Helix the past 15 years I am excited about moving up to the Silverwing. I've ridden on and off most of my life but am still interested in learning more and traveling more this summer.
I think I have a young spirit and that keeps me going...I'm looking forward to lots and lots of active years ahead.
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:41 am

Gene wrote:
42 Years old and wish I bought the SW years ago.

Hey isn't it good to be 42 and a young pup! I agree with your sentiments about the S'wing.

I never really got into powerful high rev sports bikes, was always more into heavier touring bikes with loads of torque. Had my first BMW tourer in my mid twenties..

I'm 43 in August, and still into heavier touring type bikes /scoots with loads of torque...

JeffR, I note that our ages and star signs are displayed on the forum... I was wondering if you could come up with a formula that takes ones actual age, and computes an apparent age given the obvious penchant here for riding bikes and scoots...

Last edited by Bernardo on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Formula idea)
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:31 pm

Hi, this is "Old Dave" in Western Nebraska and I'll put my two cents worth in because thats about all I have since this mess we have in the economy....
I'll be 73 in August but love to ride and play golf. Have both knee replacements, in 2001 and I suppose because I'm still very active the have come un glued, that is the button on the "Petella" so may have to have them fixed as the knee caps are sitting off to the outside of each knee. Supposed to see an "Ortho" in Ft. Collins April 10th and if he doesn't get to excited will just live with it. This 2005 S-Wing I have just 'foots the bill', and can easily handle it even in my condition. Old, Yes, Well that's the rest of the story.....
Just "Old Dave" Who knows, may even ride to Sturgis with Jon this year....
Back to top Go down
Atlanticfun
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-10-22

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:11 pm

wow.........I think I will sell this one soon........lol. I am 34. But I got used to staying away from guys my age as most I know are more interested in what they look like and what others think. I care about riding it.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:30 am

At an actual 57 years of age my mind is stuck somewhere about mid twenties. I took to riding scoots some ten plus years ago and instantly knew a massive part of my life had been missed.

If I want speed and thrills I will jump into the seat in front of my XBox and crash into anybody and everything knowing I can't hurt anyone apart from myself falling off the chair if cornering too hard. Laughing Laughing

The Silverwing to me is the ultimate in riding, (except in the wet), comfort, speed and storage. The rice rocketeers can have their sporty image, I'm mega happy sitting in comfort getting from A to B in style and panache.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:26 am

Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:03 pm

Not 60 but 18 with 42 years' experience - at least that's what the T-shirt says. Razz
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:42 pm

I'll be 56 on the 10th November if anyone wants to send me expensive presents!

PM me for address, post early please I don't want to be disappointed. How old are you? 898747
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Cornishman:
You and I share the same birthday. I will be 52 this year and I will drink a (moderately expensive) single malt on your behalf.
Back to top Go down

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:18 pm

Well, I don't know whether I should enter this "kiddie room topic, but I will anyway in spite of being 85. I guess my maturity clock is on a different time zone.. having to wait until I was 48 before getting serious about riding and then becoming a competitive observed trials rider How old are you? Icon_scratch . Getting a bit bored with the slow stuff, I started riding enduro bikes like the Yamaha IT 250 & IT 465. A couple of serious getoffs forced me to go to sport quads, my last one being a Yamaha 660 Raptor. Finally (or semi-finally) I decided tp try the street riding thing with a 2002 Kawasaki 1500 Mean Streak cruiser. That just became too large & heavy for the short hops I was taking, hence the S'Wing in 07. I like the scoot especially after the performance additions. I have to say that I still miss the shifting, the clutch, (it's a control thing, I guess)and yeh, the dirt & XC thrills of blasting thru the desert WFO. How old are you? Affraid

Last edited by hot shoe on Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:23 pm

The Scootist wrote:
I will drink a (moderately expensive) single malt on your behalf.

Chocolate? How old are you? Icon_razz
Back to top Go down

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:29 pm

honda_silver wrote:
The Scootist wrote:
I will drink a (moderately expensive) single malt on your behalf.

Chocolate? How old are you? Icon_razz
Thanks..I'll have a Dos Equis How old are you? Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:18 am

I usually drink my single malt with a fine cigar, but single malt with chocolate? hmmm I may have to try that...
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:45 am

Thanks Scootist you're a true gent. How old are you? Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:24 pm

I'm 59, turning 60 the day before Halloween.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:32 pm

65 as of March 9th... but do I care??? Heck no, I got Medicare... and Tricare... but who cares?? I ain't goin' nowheres... except out ridin' on my "Wing".
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:15 am

I am 61, will be 62 in November, and appreciate this forum for the online friends and advice of so many fine folks! Ride safe, ...and happy...billc.
Back to top Go down

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 3:51 pm

I didn't start riding until I was 66. Now I'm 70, playing golf and enjoying my silverwing
Back to top Go down
papa johns
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-06-15

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: How can it be I'm 62   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:39 pm

It doesn't seem possible I'm 62. I was born during the Korean War so it must be true. How old are you? Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:31 am

Can't be Papa, the Korean thing started 60 years ago today. I was too young to be part of it, to smart to have been part of the Vietnamese thing and too old now to give a damn. How old are you? Alien
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:54 am

The Korean War was from June 1950 until 1953 billc.
Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 11:52 am

Me thinks he might mean WWII, but I wasn't old enough to remember it as I was not very old at that time. I didn't show up on the scene till late in 1947, things are just a tad hard to remember back that far.
Craig
Back to top Go down
KINN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-07-30

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:01 pm

69, 70 in December. Retired for 11 years and have lots of riding planned!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:36 pm

Hi KINN,
Next year I will need to change my vote to the 61-70 section. How old are you? 744535
Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2010-05-22

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:40 pm

I'm 33 -- my age increases the further away I am from riding and drops towards 20 when I'm on my Swing and riding free. The Swing is my 3rd scoot. I went from a Buddy 150 from July 2008 to July 2009, then a SYM Citycom 300i from July 2009 till June 2010. I've had Senora since June 12, and been grinning like a 20 year old on the last day of spring semester.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ezridersscooterclub.com
ronjr009
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ronjr009

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-12-28

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:53 pm

34. Dang, I'm not the youngest here. Hammy, how'd you like the Sym Citycom 300 I. It would make a nice scoot for my wife or a good replacment for the Helix.
Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:04 pm

Ron, don't even get me started. AVOID SYM AT ALL COSTS. The reason I got the Swing was because my SYM crapped out after just 15k miles and began overheating once it began to get over 70 degrees. It's been in the shop since April 1, and STILL hasn't been resolved under warranty. The US distributor's headquarters just recently burned down a few weeks ago under suspicious circumstances, believed to be arson. I'm not the only 2009 Citycom owner who has been having problems. SYM makes a stellar HD200 and RV250 which might be better options for you, but the way they've handled my situation has been just sickening. Unless the US distributor (Carter Brothers) changes the way they run things or SYM gets a different distributor, I'd advise you to stay away from SYM completely.

AND back to your usual programming, folks! Sorry for the little hijack by your resident 30-something young'uns!
Back to top Go down
edbancro
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-10-30

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:27 pm

ronjr009 wrote:
34. Dang, I'm not the youngest here ...

And I've got both you and Hammy beat - 28. I thought I was the youngest here for a while, but turns out Shlomy is a few years younger, so no claim to fame for me there...
Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:29 pm

No worries -- my age is variable! Closer to 50 at work and 20 on the Swing!
Back to top Go down
edbancro
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-10-30

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:32 pm

Hammy wrote:
No worries -- my age is variable! Closer to 50 at work and 20 on the Swing!

The lower the leans or tighter the curves, the closer to 20? How old are you? Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:35 pm

Let's see, in my newly uploaded avatar -- that'd be about 20 and change! How old are you? Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:39 pm

67.5 and having a good time putting miles on my SW and GW! How old are you? Icon_smile Been riding on two wheels with a motor for 54 years now and not having much luck kicking the habit. How old are you? 186319
Back to top Go down
hot shoe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
hot shoe

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-07-16

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 1:58 am

Well, since it is still Tues out here, I can say that I'll be 86 one week from today. Still riding but not as far or not as hard as I was until about eight years ago when I finally quit XC quad racing & went to the street on a Kawasaki 1500 Mean Streak in '02. A retinal detachment left me with a temporary (alto I didn't realize it was temporary at the time) loss of depth perception & unable to see terrain changes like dropoffs,steps, & holes in time to miss them.Finally sold my 660 Raptor & later the Mean Streak & bought the S'Wing in 07.
I guess I'm still a dirt rider at heart & just don't enjoy the street nearly as much. Now I seem to need a specific destination to ride to, rather than just seeing where the handle bars take me. How old are you? Icon_cry
OH Well, it beats just sitting home in a rocking chair How old are you? Icon_sunny .
Back to top Go down

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:40 am

I am 58
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:04 am

hot shoe wrote:
Well, since it is still Tues out here, I can say that I'll be 86 one week from today. Still riding but not as far or not as hard
OH Well, it beats just sitting home in a rocking chair How old are you? Icon_sunny .

Good for you. If I'm still riding at 86 it will be due to divine intervention.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:25 am

61. I hope I'm fit enough to be riding in 25 years' time.
Back to top Go down
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:50 am

58. I hope I'm still riding in my 80's as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How old are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How old are you?   How old are you? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How old are you?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: General :: Polls Section-
Jump to: