Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Mechanics in Los Angeles?
2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T I_icon_minitimeby Whiteclay Today at 2:45 pm

» Drive faces
2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:38 pm

» V Belt Light
2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 12:39 pm

» 2025 Silverwing 600!
2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 8:17 am

» Introducing ME
2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:21 am

» Mid-Ohio Parade Lap, Pro Football HOF Fail, Upstate NY
2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 11:50 am

» Slow gas leak
2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T I_icon_minitimeby mavericksssrig Yesterday at 11:08 am

» At 85, got new bike
2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T I_icon_minitimeby DavidinDunnellon Yesterday at 10:36 am

» Cold Start Fast Idle?
2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:23 pm

» Greetings from the UK
2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:18 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T

Go down 
+4
alejom
Skippy
JeffR
pja
8 posters
AuthorMessage
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-10-03

2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T Empty
PostSubject: 2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T   2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:43 pm

Hi! The following is a translation from the French website Scooter Station. I did a similar post once before and was criticised for my grammar - its a translation using Google Translate so please send your complaints to Mr Google. Here goes the article:

Test Test Honda SW 600 C-T-2011 ABS

www.scooter-station.com/Essai-Honda-SW-T-600-C-ABS-2011.html

The Honda Silver Wing FJS 600 is more! Place SW T-600, containing a luxurious Maxiscooter architecture and plastic T SW-400, but the mechanical features 12 extra horsepower. Not surprisingly, the approval is only better, but it is worth it investment, both in its price than its consumption? Return test SCOOTER station you answered!

For nearly a decade, the vintages of Silver Wing 600 have succeeded, however, the flagship of the fleet Maxiscooter Honda has always sported the same features. Admittedly, it was released in 2001, its avant-garde put him away for a while, but inevitably it marks 10 years! However, if we observe its historic competitor, namely the Suzuki Burgman 650 (a leading member of the class), we can not say that the Silver Wing 600 have been penalized in terms of aesthetic changes. Indeed, the Big Burg has also hardly changed in 9 years. Obviously, apart from offering sports (including Yamaha TMAX 500 and Gilera GP 800 is the spearhead), this segment appears somewhat frozen. Fortunately, the arrival of new SW-600 T could restore the attractiveness of the family (very) large urban scooters also suited for long voyages. To this end, the new Honda switch advance first argument size, luxurious achievement - the very one we know about the SW-T 400 for two years now.

References Motor

Honda is also a car manufacturer and it is felt particularly on the family of two-wheelers SW-T. In the first exterior design. Whether in front, where the width of the throne on the prow a dual optical, or on the large rear part of the line scooter reminiscent of those cars off the mark with garlic. This impression persists once installed behind the handlebar, through a new dashboard, console real car. It revolves around 4 analogue dials and a central digital block. Visibility is perfect and although we deplore the lack of warning and outside temperature gauge, the rest of the endowment is at least complete. The quality of this equipment is a reflection of the overall quality of this well built vehicle. Undeniably, the new SW-T is a scooter rewarding.

His double seat offers good comfort for the driver or passenger. The texture is nice and the two marry backsplashes best to preserve your lower back fatigue. Located only 745 mm of soil, she is accessible to small jigs, ultimately more comfortable as drivers whose size exceeds 1.80 m. Indeed, they are penalized by a floor that is not really low. So, with your knees higher up the basin, the driving position just be a bit tiring in the long run. Fortunately, clearances located in the deck allow the driver to stretch the legs for "cruiser".

In town, you forget your template

The controls fall under the hands. After a slight flick of the starter button positioned on the stalk right, the twin snorts in a serious tone and metallic. SW-T 600 has the safe, naturally. The right hand now descends to the parking brake (very ergonomic) and you are free to perform our craft our first trial run. Despite his impressive weight (measured by us at 250.4 kilograms), the grip of SW-600 T is clearly shown. Of course, the equipment is very long (its wheelbase is 1600 mm), which would logically have the handicap at low velocity, but its center of gravity is low enough, it is almost natural to handle final in town. It must be said that this SW-T is also well served by a powerful engine and traction beyond reproach. As the model of 400 cm 3, the start mark a pause before the propellant to take effect. As the needle has not tickled the 3000 rpm, it must indeed wait. Then, the SW-T 600 took off, reached the area of 6 000 rpm and then literally catapult without one even realizes it (and even well beyond the speed limit in urban areas). The torque of 5.5 to daN.m 6000 rpm is just awesome. Thanks to a carefully measured injection, the response to the slightest touch of the accelerator is instant, and as the V-Matic transmission is progressive, the acceleration is perfectly linear. In town, it can even grow on a mesh gauze, without fear that they lost back to back (even brutal). The power of 51 horses going on velvet. Even at slow speeds, no jolts of transmission is to be deplored.

He did not have the rigor of Yamaha TMAX

Pullman on a motorbike! We now live on more open roads and on this ground that we feel a great first impression of comfort, because of the high and wide bow that protects whatever the pace. Flexible fork also participate. The pace accelerates, the floor of the county that we borrow is deteriorating and making a big curve at high speed, a sort of flutter appears at the handlebars. SW-T 600 sausage! Surprisingly, this lack of precision we were not frankly appeared on the 400 cm 3, which displays the same weight and yet the same geometry (but not the same performance). Of course, we can not ask the SW-T 600, a true GT scooter, the same precision as a Yamaha TMAX much more sporty. Nevertheless, had regard to its mechanical for less punchy, much more rigorously on the front would, on this ground, was particularly well seen. That said, this is far from being dramatic and that sort of situation is quite different from normal conditions of use. Security question, note that the SW-T 600 is no exception since all models are now equipped with ABS and brake lever coupled to the left. Despite the presence of a single front disc, we found the system very efficient as a whole, even if assistance is triggered sometimes a little too quickly.

A great extension, but high fuel consumption

The pool of highways and expressways, you can enjoy driving "sofa" SW-T 600, which differs by the 400 watts to present in its mechanics. His big-twin pushes all the time. If the 400 cm3 we notions of midrange more "softies" on the 600 it has nothing to do. We already mentioned the linearity of the ramp-up, is now its remarkable length. Where on the 400 cm3 we feel that the thrust towards fades 130 km / h, it knows no relaxation here. It was almost the feeling of reaching the 175 km / h meter (164 km / h chrono) in one go. Therefore offers the twin-class performances. However, he makes them pay at the pump. We have indeed found a similar consumption of 8 litres/100km in mixed use. During the test the SW-T 400, we certainly did not take the same routes, but we establish the average consumption of 5.2 l/100 km. Besides the financial aspect is also regrettable in terms of autonomy for as the 400, the 600 has a reserve of 16 liters. Not so easy to exceed the 200 km with a full one. Finally, the register of small disappointments, we also note the presence of some vibration at high speeds. They give character to the twin, but can be troublesome in the long run.

Conclusion: Too greedy in fuel

SW-T 600 is built for those who want a smart switch, efficient and comfortable. Versatile, it s'emmène in town without any difficulty despite its impressive size, while offering a plethora of benefits to those who wish to make the road to the handlebars (especially as its very good carrying capacity, since two full face helmets s 'install lighted in his chest and other luggage in his glove boxes). Sold € 8 090, SW-600 T has a strong argument against a Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive € 10 499 sold. Showing only 600 € more than the SWT-400, it is also of great interest within the Honda range. Given the gain accreditation offered by the 200 additional cm3, we say that 600 € Indeed, this is actually not rocket science. Still remains its gasoline consumption for the lower, which represents a fundamental today had regard to the context of crisis in which we are immersed. And this is even more true if we talk about the recent price increases of fuel, reducing our liter of unleaded to around 1.45 € (average 23/02/11). Despite his style, performance and price of purchase, so it is not that supplants the 600 again this year, the model 400 cm3.

Price: € 8 090
Colours: titanium, black, silver
Warranty: Two years parts and labor, unlimited mileage
Availability: Immediate

Regards,
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.caseysbeach.com
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2600
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T   2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 1:47 am

Hey Peter,

I didn't notice any with the grammer. lol I hear that the new SWing is supposed to be a bit smoother and a bit better mpg's due to the aerodynamics. But who knows for sure. I would like to read a comparison between the 1st Swing and this one. Thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T   2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 12:46 pm

Thanks for finding that out Peter. So according to the tester the bike is fuel usage heavy - just what we really need.......

I dunno about you guys across the pond, but I've been wondering for a while now just who the major manufacturers of motorcycles are aiming their machines at these days.

The biggest limiting factor is the availabilty/cost of fuel and yet it seems they are all oblivious to the fact! Our once cherished claim that bikes were far more economical than cars has all but been pushed by the way side as main line car builders now produce cars that return better than 75 miles to the gallon and I don't mean those cheesy hibrids either lol.

I'm very tempted to write an open letter to the motorcycle industry in general challenging them to build a bike that meets the requirements of the ordinary guy in the street and not a 'select' few wannabe racers.

Something that is ecomomical (as defined by todays requirments), has a maintenance schedule similar to a car, doesn't need the brakes stripping and cleaning every year, preferably shaft drive (personal pref), realistically comfortable for two and able to carry more than just underwear for an overnight trip! It doesn't need fly by wire electronics, ABS, CBS, traction control or any other electronic rider aides - just a good old cable connecting my right hand, via the twist grip to the carb bodies (or equiv). A decent amount of protection from the weather would be handy, without it being so all emcompassing that it takes three hours to take off, just to change a spark plug!

No body at all needs a bike that does 200 miles an hour, what I could really do with is a bike that does 200 miles to the gallon at a reasonable real world pace - build that and I'll probably buy one! How about multi fuel if you really wanna impress or even better a diesel - and not some lumpy single off roader bodged together by the military either!

Pure fantasy............ scratch
Back to top Go down
alejom
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
alejom

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T   2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 1:21 pm

For years, I have wanted to take an old russian-style motorcycle and convert it to electric; and use the side car as the batteries compartment.

Dreams...
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T   2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 8:02 pm

If this thing has an extra 12 horsepower from the same engine, it should be easy to order the necessary parts to modify a current silverwing engine.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T   2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 8:26 pm

dspevack wrote:
If this thing has an extra 12 horsepower from the same engine, it should be easy to order the necessary parts to modify a current silverwing engine.

Maybe if you have unlimited funds.
It could be as simple as a single part like an ECU mod, or as complicated as all new parts.... new cylinder head, pistons, valves, cams, throttle bodies, injectors, exhaust manifold.... you get the idea.
If I had to guess, I'd say it would be something simple and cheap. I don't think Honda would spend a ton of development money on this tried and true engine. It is reliable, but also not cutting edge any more. I'd go with a new ECU which would affect both ignition timing and fuel map.
Back to top Go down
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T   2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 8:49 pm

Skippy wrote:
...I'm very tempted to write an open letter to the motorcycle industry in general challenging them to build a bike that meets the requirements of the ordinary guy in the street and not a 'select' few wannabe racers...

Skippy,

That's an interesting topic. Now I know we are all different but what follows is my current list of bikes that I think meet your criteria and which I would be happy to own (I should say that Honda Australia in their wisdom are not importing the new SW-T's so I can't have a new SilverWing):

2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T 2011_Kawasaki_W800_review
The new Kawasaki W800 would be very high on my wish list

2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T Suzuki-boulevard-c50-1w
The Suzuki C50 Boulevard is very nice

2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T K34
The Kawasaki VN900 Vulcan

The problem with these first three is that they don't have automatic gear boxes so these two are added to the list:

2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T 400px-2006_Aprilia_Scarabeo_500-1
The Aprilia Scarabeo 500 (probably my next scooter)

2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T Vespa-gts-300-super-scooter-2009-1
The Vespa GTS300 - this is what my heart says I should have next Cool

That's enough waffling on for now.

Regards,
Peter
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T   2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 9:08 pm

NO,NO, show me more!!!

The Kwak W800 is really hitting the spot!!

The W650 really did put (Hinckley) Triumph to shame 2 years before the T100 hit the market...
Back to top Go down
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T   2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:39 pm

Skippy wrote:
... show me more!!! ...

Oh! Alright then!

2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T 33
The Honda CB400 is a great little bike that ought to be able to do anything (for a single rider)

2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T 2006-suzuki-sv650_460x0w
The Suzuki SV650 has been around almost as long as the Honda CB400 but is still a great bike and comes in several "flavours".

2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T Tmax_03__68436_zoom
IMHO the Yamaha has always been one of the best looking maxi scooters and is much better looking than my SilverWing. However, it is still very expensive in Oz and has only about half the carrying capacity of the 'Wing.

That's enough!

I think all these bikes show that there ARE good bikes around that are not too expensive to buy, are relatively cheap to run and yet are exciting to own.

Peter
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T   2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 1:06 am

alejom wrote:
For years, I have wanted to take an old russian-style motorcycle and convert it to electric; and use the side car as the batteries compartment.

This is an interesting electric motorcycle http://www.brammo.com/empulse/
Back to top Go down
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T   2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 2:22 am

honda_silver wrote:
This is an interesting electric motorcycle ...

I agree and so is the Zero. They have just started importing it to Australia. It sells over here for about AUD12,000.

Peter
Back to top Go down
Boudioue
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Boudioue

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-03-02

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T   2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 3:41 pm

what honda could have done since 2001 on the sw :

- gain weight (fork, wheels...)
- improve mpg
- improve fork and schockabsorber
- improve breaks (second disk on front wheel)
etc.

what they have done :
a lifting !

good news ! modify an "old" sw is still the best thing we can do to have the ultimate GT scoot Wink

hope BMW will push other manufacturers to present a true new hyperscoot... not sure it will fit for go to work everyday in Paris (one of the most mess-traffic-jammed town in the world and to ride with friends on week-ends....
Back to top Go down

2011 Honda SilverWing SW-T
Page 1 of 1