Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?

Go down 
+36
DanB
oldgwingguy
scooter trash
chief253
jobo2mi
Swedishfrog
acworthpatrick
Nowun
The Scootist
Meldrew
rogerscoot
SCTLVR
Higstatic
rodenbach
ridr44
tinman
tarmacburner2
papa johns
Fiddler
toolboxjesse
Timewarp_1
MikeO
robert
Guy
DarthJ
model28a
DickO
jcarlburg
surlybiker58
Waspie
oldgoat
CathyN
Bernardo
JeffR
joncallihan
DaveR
40 posters

More for transportation.
Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_vote_lcap23%Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 29 ]
More for pleasure riding.
Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_vote_lcap35%Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 44 ]
About the same for transportation and pleasure riding.
Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_vote_lcap41%Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 51 ]
Total Votes : 124

AuthorMessage

Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? Empty
PostSubject: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:00 am

New poll.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:34 pm

Just "Old Dave" in Western Nebraska says, " I use mine for both." Even though I have three other 4 wheel vehicles, it's nice to just get on pick up your feet when you go and sent them down when you stop. Convenient! Yes, Economical Yes, Fun Yes, you just need to be careful and alert on any bike.....and even then you can and do have accidents. But then, look at the number of people that are hurt or killed in the Auto etc. every year. I guess, it comes down to "You have a choice" and, you can't just live with your head in the sand all of the time. Ride and enjoy! Hope this makes sense...
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:32 pm

How do we define "transportation"? Is it not pleasurable? My poll answer was both, but I don't think that is really accurate. Every time I set out for a "pleasure" ride, it ends up being "transportation" from here to there and back. Every time I set out on an errand, "transportation" from here to there and back it ends up being "pleasure"! Go figure. It must be that the silly scooter is maybe smarter than me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:36 pm

I'm retired so mine is just for the joy of riding. It is my outlet in life!
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:06 pm

I use mine about the same. I ride most days to work but take the long way home many times. I also go for a nice 2-3 hour ride every weekend and a long 6-8 hour ride once a month on our group rides. Thanks for the poll.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: transportation or pleasure?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 11:21 pm

I bought mine to commute to work, 110 mile round trip, 5 days a week. I felt I was putting too many miles on my Harley too fast (17,000 miles in 18 months) and the expensive service intervals were coming way too quickly.

So, I do use it for transportation but ever minute of it is a joy ride.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:55 am

Jon
So much for multiple choice questions.

Diane
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:05 am

I originally bought the S'wing for commuting after a long break from bikes, but within a few months was riding more for pleasure.... Then it became more of a project with all the improved performance modifications, and to blow it all I went and bought a bike aswell anyway. But I find the scooter much more practical and comfortable so its become my workhorse, and I use it much more than the bike, especially commuting and shopping!
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 1:03 pm

It's hard to say. I bought to ride with Bob for pleasure. That is the majority of the miles I have put on it. But I do ride it to go to and from work 15 miles (all city) round trip when the weather permits. I will run errands on it (always the long way).

Either way I will be happy when spring is here.
Back to top Go down
oldgoat
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
oldgoat

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:00 pm

Retired. Use it entirely for pleasure.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Commuting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:30 pm

I originally purchased mine with the sole intention of
using it to save on my commuting costs with occasional
long trips once the weather warms up.
I soon remembered how much I missed owning a bike.
(I sold my last one , a CB 550k back in 1986)
With the weather being so nice lately, I took it down to
Fairfax, Va and back for a business trip . Total of 244 miles
round trip in one day. After purchasing my Wing in December,
I now have a total of 765 miles on it
Travel by Silverwing is certainly addictive.
Back to top Go down
jcarlburg
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:50 pm

I use it for commuting and running errands for business and personal, such as bank, post office, lunch restaurants, small grocery item shopping that will fit under the seat, convenience store items.

The Silverwing has plenty of power to get out of the way of traffic and handles like a sport bike ... it's not afraid to lean into a curve.

I think the Silverwing makes me a better rider on my VFR800 and vice versa because I am experienced with their different weight distribution in the twisties.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 6:06 pm

Got mine as a 64 year-old newbie just to see if it would be as much fun as it looked like (about 3 and a half years ago). Has taken all that time to get reasonably confident to be able to do all the riding I do now, and it has been even 'funner' than I thought . Anyway, most of my riding is to and from Patriot Guard/American Legion Riders [ALR] missions (and occasional poker runs/group pleasure rides) which most of fall into the 100 to 300 mile round trip variety. There's also infrequent runs into our two neighboring villages for milk, bread, booze ( Smile ), and whatever else. I've reached my retirement years so no commuting required.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 8:06 pm

I use my wing almost all the time and it IS a pleasure. cheers My car stays on a the Battery Tender that I thought I got for my scooter. When do I have to ride in the car it is NOT a pleasure. Sad
Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:10 pm

Prefer to ride the Shadow as much as possible. Try to use truck only when I need to haul stuff, carry passengers or the weather sucks. I take the truck to UTEP when I have early classes because i can't exactly nap on a bike! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Guy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:19 pm

Pleasure. I have two sons, both have Gold Wings. As we move in and out of hobbies, we have always done things together. I am 79 years old and I have trouble throwing my leg over the GW, plus I had a lot of difficulty getting it off the center stand, not to mention putting it on the CS. I have absolutely no problem keeping up with them on extended rides.
Back to top Go down
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:26 am

I'm retired, strictly pleasure, Ride Safe.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:58 am

More for pleasure but I ride to Church on it and otherwise except I when I need to use the car - a fridge won't fit in my topbox. Razz
Back to top Go down
Timewarp_1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:51 am

I bought mine back in 04 when gas prices hit $3.00 a gallon. I didn`t know that they made scooters this big. I just happened to be at the dealership when a guy rode his in to trade it on a Goldwing. He had it for 3 months and had 84 miles on it. He was much to big for the bike. He was 6`4" and weighed about 300 lbs. I bought the bike for transportation to and from work; about 35 miles round trip.

I`m now retired and use it strictly for pleasure. I now ride with a group of anywhere from 8 to 15 (men and women) that meet for breakfast every wed.;weather permitting, and then we ride. Sometimes it`s 2 to 3 hours, sometimes it may be for most of the day depending on who`s leading. All size and makes of bikes. Several have Can Ams.

We have a great time and great fellowship.

Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:13 pm

I own a 2002 Honda reflex that I used primarily for commuting when I lived in NJ and had a 20 mile mostly parkway commute. I had ridden a Silver Wing belonging to a fellow Reflex rider and fell in love with the power and versatility but didn't want to spend too much on a used one.

I shopped around for a while and found a 2003 Silver Wing with less than 10k miles but with some body damage for about $3000. I intended to use the Silver wing for long mountain rides solo, with a date, and with a riding club and I was happy to do that until I relocated to Georgia last year. Now I have a 90 mile round-trip commute every day and with the crazy Georgia drivers i appreciate the power and maneuverability of the Silver Wing for my daily ride. I now mostly use my Reflex to run errands and when driving locally with only minimal interstate use.

Jesse in Atlanta
Back to top Go down
Fiddler
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:00 am

Transportation almost exclusively. If I'm out on it, I'm going someplace that I would be going anyway
Back to top Go down
papa johns
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:54 am

Pleasure riding as I'm retired I ride the Silver Wing a great deal.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:11 am

MikeO wrote:
More for pleasure but I ride to Church on it and otherwise except I when I need to use the car - a fridge won't fit in my topbox. Razz

That sounds as if going to church is not a pleasure!! confused

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:13 am

I use mine for 'Pleasure Transportation' so the poll didn't really offer me an appropriate choice Exclamation Laughing

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 11:32 am

I ride my Swing just for business,and its my business to ride 30K kl a year for pleasure. Hope that makes sense. Smile motorcycle
Back to top Go down
ridr44
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 11:46 am

I do most of my errands on the SW. But the most pleasure I get is roaming around to clear my mind, often listening to music on back roads with few cars and nice scenery...
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 1:10 pm

I had bought mine for leisurely rides and touring, and planned to keep using my reflex for commuting and errands, but after I moved to Atlanta and realized that my reflex couldn't handle it's own with cars on the interstates doing around 80 I decided to use my Silverwing for commuting, and have been driving around 400-500 miles per week. I still use her for touring.

Jesse in Atlanta
Back to top Go down
rodenbach
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
rodenbach

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 1:22 pm

Must be a trick question: riding a Silverwing is always a pleasure Wink
Back to top Go down
Higstatic
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2012-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 1:29 pm

I have a FJR as my main bike and bought my SW about 2 months ago for the daily commute to work. I am getting used to it now and starting to enjoy it more, finding the journey home through traffic more relaxing not having to change up and down continually. I do miss the acceleration away from traffic lights that I have with the FJR and am not as confident to filter through to the front of a queue but I may try some Dr Pulleys to help with this
Back to top Go down
SCTLVR
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 1:42 pm

I've ridden the scoot' as far as 320 KM for business meetings.
It's used a great deal for errands within 30 KM of home.
It's rarely used for pure pleasure, but some of the errands could've been done more efficiently by putting them off and for other errands that could've been combined.
Have had one really great, pure fun ride with my new Swing friend Jerry.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 6:03 pm

Pleasure, mostly, but transportation as well - in both cases riding is a pleasure.
Back to top Go down
rogerscoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:21 pm

I use mine for pleasure....I'm retired, so don't go to work each day. When the weathers nice, a good 4 to 5 hours makes me smile. Won't change into all my gear just to pop up to the shops about 2 miles.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 4:53 am

I just use mine when the fancy takes me, I never used it for commuting for work before I retired just long runs and touring. I tend to lose a lot of interest in riding during the winter months because the days are so short, and I seem to spend as much time getting in and out of winter gear, and then diligently cleaning winter crud off the scooter after a ride as I actually spend in the saddle.

Freezing my bollocks off at winter rallies and camping weekends lost it's appeal years ago. Neutral
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 7:09 am

I ride whenever I can for pleasure or commuting to work. When the weather permits and I don't need the car for other uses. Either way it is a pleasure to ride with two exceptions hard driving rain and horrible cross winds.

swing
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 10:51 am

Weather permitting, the scooter is always my first choice for commuting or just cruising for pleasure. The only time I use the truck is if I need to haul something or if the weather is lousy.
Back to top Go down
Nowun
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Nowun

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2012-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 1:29 pm

Commuting: usually around 30miles+ depending on which office i'm visiting. Quite happy to ride in a couple of degrees below freezing as long as the roads are dry - looks like it will be the car tomorrow Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
acworthpatrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2011-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 7:12 am

I use mine mostly for commuting and my motorcycle for pleasure riding. I have a long commute though - in the last year I rode 29,000 miles on the Silverwing and enjoyed every minute of it.
Back to top Go down
Swedishfrog
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Swedishfrog

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 1:17 pm

Any excuse to ride anywhere - such a joy, sounds great, rides amazing - despite rumble on takeoff, smooth there on. Love the " get-out-of-trouble' power/torque. Installed DDM 35W 4500K HID light which make a huge difference at night or day. I commute 32 miles rtn daily.
Coming from a Chines Roketa 150 scooter for 4 years - light years difference in all departments, except mpg lol - but the fun factor is through the roof !!!
Back to top Go down
ridr44
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Installed DDM 35W 4500K HID light which make a huge difference at night or day.

Tell us more...where do you get it, how do you install it? Smile
Back to top Go down
jobo2mi
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
jobo2mi

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2011-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 5:24 pm

Not sure if there IS a choice.... I thought Silverwing IS for transportation and it is ALWAYS a pleasure to ride (except in nasty weather tongue ) If I'm on the Swing, I'm riding and I'm almost always smiling!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.josbooks4kids.com
chief253
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 7:24 pm

Pleasure
Back to top Go down
scooter trash
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2015-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 12:38 am

RobinC wrote:
I bought mine to commute to work, 110 mile round trip, 5 days a week. I felt I was putting too many miles on my Harley too fast (17,000 miles in 18 months) and the expensive service intervals were coming way too quickly.

So, I do use it for transportation but ever minute of it is a joy ride.
I'm thinking You are a brave soul to travel that far to a work place! If it were Me,I would either be job hunting or House hunting. Yes My hat is off to anyone that works for a living....even tho they have to travel long distances or have other adverse conditions along with the ever day trials to making an honest living!
Back to top Go down
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 7:57 am

A nice mix, with more for pleasure, but going to a store for " stuff " is way better than the cages Smile
Back to top Go down
DanB
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
DanB

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2013-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 8:09 am

Any excuse I can get to ride it finds me going to the grocery store, Lowe's and Home Depot, to a bid, perform a home inspection or hang out at the coffee shop. I use mine more for errands and trips to town because it's 50 miles round trip from our cabin in the woods. Oh I love riding Big Bend, Three Twisted Sisters, Pig Trail, the Black Hills of the Gunnison and the Million Dollar highway through Silverton. Been there, done that and will do lot's more as I also love touring. However, it's the daily use where I can find any reason to take it over my truck, has me grinning ear to ear. I'm even thinking about adding a trailer hitch and increase my capacity to haul stuff with it and truly make it my mini Texas pickup truck. I have full intentions of getting several hundred thousand miles on my scooter.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 7:06 pm

My scooter gets more use from me than my Jeep Wrangler or K1100. I use it for errands and pleasure rides just about year 'round. I used to use my GW for errands but it was a pain in traffic and parking lots. The scooter with top box carries almost as much and is a breeze in town. Nothing like a big scooter for touring the wine country here and going back into the hills on the secondary roads. I also ride on quite a few of the BLM and Forest Service roads in the mountains, many of them dirt or gravel. No problem for the scooter, it was a nightmare with the GW. The only thing I don't use it for is commuting. Haven't had an honest job for several years now. And it's great.
Back to top Go down
Okiedolkle
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Okiedolkle

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 3:18 pm

Transportation. I love you
Back to top Go down
bandito2
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 12:41 am

_
_ Yes.
_
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 11:33 am

bandito2 wrote:
_ _ Yes._

+1. applause applause applause
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding?   Do  you use your scooter more for transportation or pleasure riding? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1