Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Givi AF214 Airflow Adjustable Windshield install on 2012 SW
I want to thank everyone! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 10:58 am

» Drive faces
I want to thank everyone! I_icon_minitimeby DavidinDunnellon Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Power to gps handlebar mounted
I want to thank everyone! I_icon_minitimeby gettyuptogo Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» Replacing front indicator bulb. How?
I want to thank everyone! I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:32 pm

» Easy gps connection to brake switch
I want to thank everyone! I_icon_minitimeby gettyuptogo Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:14 pm

» First impressions of the silver wing
I want to thank everyone! I_icon_minitimeby RedRaider Sun Sep 15, 2024 11:04 am

» Throttle Body Jiggle Valve
I want to thank everyone! I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:24 am

» 2025 Silverwing 600!
I want to thank everyone! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:22 pm

» From Dayton, Ohio
I want to thank everyone! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:05 pm

» Hello from Fort Worth,Tx
I want to thank everyone! I_icon_minitimeby RedRaider Thu Sep 12, 2024 3:59 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

I want to thank everyone!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
txtrkdrvr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
txtrkdrvr

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-02-07

I want to thank everyone! Empty
PostSubject: I want to thank everyone!   I want to thank everyone! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 9:41 am

Yesterday, I couldn't resist myself. I was down at the Honda dealer and saw this shiny new Honda Forza sitting there. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED my Swing, but after five years of flawless service and 18,000 miles.......I just couldn't resist!

The reason I went down in size to the Forza? MPG's. I only use the bike around town, it never left the county in which I live. I didn't see the point of the bigger engine in the Swing. So, here is a list of the things I will give up. A taller wind screen and the ability to put a piping hot Papa Johns Pizza in the trunk and getting it home.

As the price of Petro goes up and up that extra 15 mpg's is going to come in really handy later. But I really want to thank everyone in here for helping me with my Swing. It's been a pleasure and you all have been a great help!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: I want to thank everyone!   I want to thank everyone! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 11:12 am

txtrkdrvr,

Congrats on your new bike and hope you enjoy it. I have heard great things about the Forza and can see why it is popular. It also is supposed to get up to 85 mph as well so if you want to go on the interstate you will have no problem. Tell us how you like it after you get some miles on it. I'm sure we would all like to hear about it.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: I want to thank everyone!   I want to thank everyone! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 12:00 pm

I would have bought Forza----but the ugly BLACK wheels scared me off----So I have left over SilverWing.

Did test ride Forza and found nothing lacking other than windshield.
Back to top Go down
txtrkdrvr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
txtrkdrvr

PostSubject: Re: I want to thank everyone!   I want to thank everyone! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 4:20 pm

So far the only nags about the bike.....with 30 miles on the clock.......is the wind screen and the extremely stiff suspension. The wind blast from the small wind screen is considerably more than the Swing and the suspension isn't as plush. I'm sure the aftermarket will have parts soon for this bike. Hopefully some upgraded suspenders and a smoked colour windscreen.  More later.
Back to top Go down
ScottO
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ScottO

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-10-19

PostSubject: Re: I want to thank everyone!   I want to thank everyone! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 11:11 pm

Congradulations on the new ride. The Forza came out before I got my Swing and had thought that was the route I'd go but did get Swing instead.
 bounce Now back to the pizza box, did you put it under your seat or did your Swing have a top box and if so, what size.
Back to top Go down
txtrkdrvr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
txtrkdrvr

PostSubject: Re: I want to thank everyone!   I want to thank everyone! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 6:46 am

A PapaJohns Large Pizza will just barely fit under the seat on a Swing, you might have to crimp a corner of the card board. But I did it everytime I ordered pizza. No chance a large would fit in the Forza.
Back to top Go down

I want to thank everyone!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: