Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Passenger Back rest
Hello from Vienna/Austria I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:02 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Hello from Vienna/Austria I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Oct 16, 2024 1:11 pm

» Mini-Mate Camper
Hello from Vienna/Austria I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Wed Oct 16, 2024 7:17 am

» New to the forum
Hello from Vienna/Austria I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Sun Oct 13, 2024 10:10 pm

» Complete Fairing Bolt Kit For silverwing/ worth buying??
Hello from Vienna/Austria I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Thu Oct 10, 2024 7:41 am

» New FPR, new vacuum pipes, still 22mpg
Hello from Vienna/Austria I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Wed Oct 09, 2024 3:18 am

» Gulf shores, AL
Hello from Vienna/Austria I_icon_minitimeby Mauryturnsoutitsmine99 Tue Oct 08, 2024 3:52 pm

» Searching for Honda or After Market Part
Hello from Vienna/Austria I_icon_minitimeby sonuvabug Tue Oct 08, 2024 12:22 pm

» A strange howl
Hello from Vienna/Austria I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:44 am

» First impressions of the silver wing
Hello from Vienna/Austria I_icon_minitimeby RedRaider Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:04 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from Vienna/Austria

Go down 
+4
model28a
Dale N.
"Hi Yo"
Pineas
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Pineas
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Pineas

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-07-09

Hello from Vienna/Austria Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Vienna/Austria   Hello from Vienna/Austria I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 6:04 am

Hello and (austrian-german accent ON) Servus (austrian-german accent OFF)!

May i introduce me - i'm Willi from Wien (Vienna), 53, all year-round biker, often two-up and working as a communication consultant.

When i registered here, i was in the process of deciding whether i should replace my dead but beloved Aprilia Atlantic 500 with an AA500 again or go for a SiWi - which i have bought in the meantime (600 from '02 with 40,000 Km / 25,000 Mls)

As we live near Austria's capital, my wife and i have both switched over 7 years ago to mainly biking again, first with motorcycles (Suzuki 1250ers) and then with maxi scooters for better storage and no parking problems.

After many years of need for speed, i've discovered, that camper-van-driving (we have one for touring with our dog) and scooting at moderate but relaxing 75 mph make me calm down, think clearer and enjoy life much more.

7 years of "no more suit and tie", my clients have to cope with me turning up in biker's cloth.

I (we) love long rides and camping/touring as well as everyday scooting - always a smile on our face. And i love motorways / highways, i really do - for hour after hour rolling along, having breaks at truckstops, feeling "on my way".

Well, that should be enough Smile
Have a good ride every day!

Best,
Willi
Back to top Go down
http://about.me/brumec_EN
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello from Vienna/Austria 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vienna/Austria   Hello from Vienna/Austria I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 7:04 am

Howdy and welcome from Texas y'all!!!! (sorry, unable to disable Texas accent)  welcome   :flower: 
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1997
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vienna/Austria   Hello from Vienna/Austria I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 8:49 am

Hi Willi, Welcome to this site. My Grandfather was from Austria. My Mother's heritage is Finnish and French and I have her birth certificate which is written in Finnish. She once told me that there was a French Princess way back on her side of the family but I've never seen any of the benefits from that. No grand inheritance or fancy title. I'm just a low-life slob with an 08 SWing. But I DO have an 08 SWing!!! What more can an old man ask out of life other than to keep both wheels on the ground and the SWing upright.

And I suppose I could use my Minnesota Scandinavian accent and say, "Ya Sure By Golly" but I won't... LOL
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vienna/Austria   Hello from Vienna/Austria I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 4:05 pm

Willi, thank you for the nice introduction. And welcome to the best Silverwing forum on the net.
 applause welcome applause
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vienna/Austria   Hello from Vienna/Austria I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 11:51 pm

Willi,

Welcome to the site and congrats on your Swing. I think you will enjoy your SWing as much as your Atlantic, although I knew someone with the Atlantic 500 and he just loved it. My brother-in-law is from Steyr, Austria and went to get his PHD in Wien. I always wondered why we call it Vienna and the Austrians call it Wien? You would think we would call it the same as you do. Funny how things work.

Again, welcome and congrats. Also, look through the maintenance and pictorials to see how you can do maintenance and save yourself some money.
Back to top Go down
dwoodul
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dwoodul

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2014-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vienna/Austria   Hello from Vienna/Austria I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 8:38 pm

Welcome Willi. I had a Bandit 1250 also and just loved the thing but downsized to a V-Strom 650 and a Majesty scooter which I loved but sold to a friend then realized, after 50 yrs of riding, I liked not having to shift during commutes so got a SW600 at a good price. My wife and I would love to tour over there one of these days (motorcycle or bicycle). I'm also in IT (networks) and lost the tie/suit over 18 yrs ago and never looked back. Anyway, welcome to this great forum which has some awesome tech articles and folks.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vienna/Austria   Hello from Vienna/Austria I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 9:35 pm

Welcome Willi! Enjoy your bikes and the site. From Nebraska
Back to top Go down
Pineas
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Pineas

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vienna/Austria   Hello from Vienna/Austria I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 5:30 pm

Thank you all for your friendly welcome!
Greetings, Willi
Back to top Go down
http://about.me/brumec_EN
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vienna/Austria   Hello from Vienna/Austria I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 11:04 pm

Welcome Phineas!  Hello from south Arizona. Would love to ride Europe some day. Your idea of a peaceful ride at 75 for long distance sounds great. I plan to do exactly that in a month or so. Rains will stop and temps will drop into the 90s. This pus our scenery makes for a great ride. Enjoy your travels and check in with us. Post a pic or two of the Austrian Alps.   Smile
Back to top Go down

Hello from Vienna/Austria
Page 1 of 1