Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
Yes I'm a Rookie I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
Yes I'm a Rookie I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Yes I'm a Rookie I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Yes I'm a Rookie I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Yes I'm a Rookie I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Yes I'm a Rookie I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Yes I'm a Rookie I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Yes I'm a Rookie I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Yes I'm a Rookie I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Yes I'm a Rookie I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Yes I'm a Rookie

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Krazy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Yes I'm a Rookie Empty
PostSubject: Yes I'm a Rookie   Yes I'm a Rookie I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 6:31 am

In "99" I was in an accident and was unable to throw my leg over the seat of a "REAL" bike and I thought my riding days were over, Then My son introduced me to the Silver wing and that changed everything.

Three years ago I bought an "07" with 13,000 miles and I love it, It now has 57,420 miles and going strong. I ride almost every day. I'd like to upgrade to a "12" but we have to prepare for winter first.

I see great bargains on E-bay and Craigslist from every State surrounding Indiana and some of these bikes are "02's  through 06's" and they have less than 1,000 miles on them .... could they have been sitting all those years? Would that hurt them?

Anyway, It's nice to find a Forum like this for sharing information, Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1987
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Yes I'm a Rookie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes I'm a Rookie   Yes I'm a Rookie I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 7:41 am

Hi Krazy and welcome to the best SWing site in the Solar System. I've heard that they have a SWing site on Jupiter but it's not as good as this one. I can't confirm that though but that's what I've heard.

As far as the low mileage SWings go, if they've been sitting for that long without being ridden the fuel system could need a good cleaning. More than likely tires and battery are shot. With that being said, they might have been well taken care of and not need anything but I think that's not the way it will turn out. I could be wrong, and usually am. There are a lot more people here with a lot more knowledge and experience than I have who will probably also lend their wisdom.

I picked up an 08 SWing in April of this year with just over 18,000 miles on it from my sister in FL. It had been sitting for two years. I trailered it home and ordered a new battery for it. While I was waiting for that to arrive I hooked up jumper cables from my pickup to the SWing and it started right up and ran great. I've put a couple thousand miles on it since along with a new set of tires. Everything else looks good on the SWing so I'm pretty confident in it.
Back to top Go down
dwoodul
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dwoodul

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2014-08-20

Yes I'm a Rookie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes I'm a Rookie   Yes I'm a Rookie I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 8:50 am

Ditto on what Dale said. Whenever I have purchased a used older bike with low millage, as I did with/for my son recently, I check the gas tank for rust then replace all the fluids (coolant, brake, engine/filter, rear end and filters (air and tranny if it's a scooter). For my son we had the carbs cleaned by a local Honda shop that has done good work in the past and then, like Dale mentioned, it doesn't hurt to replace the tires and battery if needed. Just common sense items.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Yes I'm a Rookie 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Yes I'm a Rookie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes I'm a Rookie   Yes I'm a Rookie I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 9:00 am

welcome welcome
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Yes I'm a Rookie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes I'm a Rookie   Yes I'm a Rookie I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 4:25 pm

applause welcome applause
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yes I'm a Rookie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes I'm a Rookie   Yes I'm a Rookie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yes I'm a Rookie
Page 1 of 1