Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!! I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 3:43 pm

» noise under load
Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!! I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Today at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!! I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Today at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!! I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!! I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!! I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!! I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!! I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!! I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!! I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!! Empty
PostSubject: Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!!   Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 11:16 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/10/16/gibbs-technologies-developing-amphibious-motorcycles/?intcmp=hpff

This is pretty cool and if it comes out I bet it would be a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
woodturnertimmers
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
woodturnertimmers

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!!   Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 9:17 pm

Too bad they did not show it hurdling any speed bumps. That could get quite messy. On the hairpin turn it was also very slow to maneuver so it did not scrape the floorboards on the pavement. Too many contacts with the ground will make it useless in the water. If it had a livewell under the seat it could be much more useful.
Back to top Go down
DerrillW
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DerrillW

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2013-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!!   Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 11:57 am

Dang!!!! Amen to the livewell. And, if this thing could extend a set of wings and go airborne, I think I'd get in line for it.Laughing
Back to top Go down
woodturnertimmers
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
woodturnertimmers

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!!   Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 2:18 pm

DerrillW, I see you have iso grips on your ride. What brand and model number are they? I have large hands and some of those would be great,
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!!   Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 10:08 pm

I think it is pretty cool but it almost bottomed out when it first went into the lake, and the ground seemed pretty smooth. But it is 135 hp so I wonder how it rides on the interstate. I also wonder if you would get stuck in the softer mud or sand when trying to just ride out of a lake. I almost think you would need to take a boat ramp. But it is cool though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
DerrillW
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DerrillW

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2013-09-28

PostSubject: ISO Grips   Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 11:15 pm

woodturnertimmers wrote:
DerrillW, I see you have iso grips on your ride. What brand and model number are they? I have large hands and some of those would be great,

Model 6241  (7/8" dia.) will work nicely on the SW and you will appreciate the quality and finish. The larger diameter is more comfortable.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!!   Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 1:34 am

Interesting to look at but as usual just too much of a compromise. Like amphibious aircraft, you lose a lot of performance to try to be a lousy boat. Funny that I knew that but bought a Lake Amphibian anyway. It turned out that the old axiom was true. Slow airplane, lousy boat.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!!   Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 9:31 am

I like this one better than the three-wheelers and sidebyside seaters that are classed as motorcycles and cost as much as a 747 ( to me, anyway).
I suspect that this one would cost as much as a Harley and a jetski. So, what would be the selling point? more space in your garage, assuming you even have a garage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!!   Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cool Video on possible new motorcycle !!!
Page 1 of 1