Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Passenger Back rest
New Video From ‘The Dragon’ Where 2 Motorcyclists Were Discovered a Day after Fatal Crash I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 7:02 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
New Video From ‘The Dragon’ Where 2 Motorcyclists Were Discovered a Day after Fatal Crash I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 1:11 pm

» Mini-Mate Camper
New Video From ‘The Dragon’ Where 2 Motorcyclists Were Discovered a Day after Fatal Crash I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 7:17 am

» New to the forum
New Video From ‘The Dragon’ Where 2 Motorcyclists Were Discovered a Day after Fatal Crash I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Sun Oct 13, 2024 10:10 pm

» Complete Fairing Bolt Kit For silverwing/ worth buying??
New Video From ‘The Dragon’ Where 2 Motorcyclists Were Discovered a Day after Fatal Crash I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Thu Oct 10, 2024 7:41 am

» New FPR, new vacuum pipes, still 22mpg
New Video From ‘The Dragon’ Where 2 Motorcyclists Were Discovered a Day after Fatal Crash I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Wed Oct 09, 2024 3:18 am

» Gulf shores, AL
New Video From ‘The Dragon’ Where 2 Motorcyclists Were Discovered a Day after Fatal Crash I_icon_minitimeby Mauryturnsoutitsmine99 Tue Oct 08, 2024 3:52 pm

» Searching for Honda or After Market Part
New Video From ‘The Dragon’ Where 2 Motorcyclists Were Discovered a Day after Fatal Crash I_icon_minitimeby sonuvabug Tue Oct 08, 2024 12:22 pm

» A strange howl
New Video From ‘The Dragon’ Where 2 Motorcyclists Were Discovered a Day after Fatal Crash I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:44 am

» First impressions of the silver wing
New Video From ‘The Dragon’ Where 2 Motorcyclists Were Discovered a Day after Fatal Crash I_icon_minitimeby RedRaider Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:04 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Video From ‘The Dragon’ Where 2 Motorcyclists Were Discovered a Day after Fatal Crash

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ozzman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ozzman

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2015-03-27

New Video From ‘The Dragon’ Where 2 Motorcyclists Were Discovered a Day after Fatal Crash Empty
PostSubject: New Video From ‘The Dragon’ Where 2 Motorcyclists Were Discovered a Day after Fatal Crash   New Video From ‘The Dragon’ Where 2 Motorcyclists Were Discovered a Day after Fatal Crash I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2016 7:21 pm

I know so many who have rode the most famous motorcycle route in the U.S. and this news just makes one cringe.
We rode the 'back of the dragon' a month ago and my next plan was to the tail.

I heard US 129 was a legend and this just made it even bigger.

Buddy of mine told me this today and thought I would pass it on to my fellow Swingers while I slueth the internet
for more news footage.

Rock on everyone,

Heavy metal will never die.

http://bikerdigital.com/new-video-dragon-motorcyclist-died-crash/
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2009-08-18

New Video From ‘The Dragon’ Where 2 Motorcyclists Were Discovered a Day after Fatal Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Video From ‘The Dragon’ Where 2 Motorcyclists Were Discovered a Day after Fatal Crash   New Video From ‘The Dragon’ Where 2 Motorcyclists Were Discovered a Day after Fatal Crash I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2016 7:48 pm

What I heard from local news----BMW and Victory-----what I suspect, Victory big cruiser going too slow, but rider in "Halloween costume", BMW going too fast, hit Victory, too slow.

I live near 129----surprised to see number of bikes trailered in, just to ride road that takes some skill and practice. Won't go there on weekends, during week ok.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: New Video From ‘The Dragon’ Where 2 Motorcyclists Were Discovered a Day after Fatal Crash   New Video From ‘The Dragon’ Where 2 Motorcyclists Were Discovered a Day after Fatal Crash I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2016 10:42 pm

I rode the Dragon in the late summer of 2008 with two friends. We were all on Goldwing 1500s. It wasn't as much fun as we'd hoped due to heavy traffic. It's twisty alright but we have just as interesting roads in the West and Northwest. I'm not surprised how many accidents thare are there and memorialized on the Tree Of Shame. Lots of zoomsplat (sport bike) riders pushing their luck. It was a great road trip, we left Medford OR to meet up with a bunch of other Goldwingers at a ranch of a Saunders Goldwing forums habitues in Calhoun, GA. It was four days from OR to GA. After the get togeher we had to go to the Atlantic coast to be able to say we'd ridden from the Pacific to the Atlantic. We spent a more leisurely week on the way hone along the Southern route. Very memorable trip.
Back to top Go down

New Video From ‘The Dragon’ Where 2 Motorcyclists Were Discovered a Day after Fatal Crash
Page 1 of 1