Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 3:43 pm

» noise under load
Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Today at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Today at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal Empty
PostSubject: Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal   Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 1:17 pm

Smile  I thought I had posted this earlier today but? Sad  I can't find it.

My problem is when I try to access the LeRoy Beal link for the backrest modification my PC security blocks it as a risky site. So if anyone has a PDF of the butt to backrest modification with instructions I'd appreciate them. TIA oldwingguy
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal   Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 1:44 pm

Can't answer that one.
I bought one on Ebay, converts bumper to backrest. Gives you much more room and works great.
Made out of metal and easy to install. I like mine.
$45 plus shipping. There is another one there too buts its wood. bought that one too, broke first time I used it. Not strong .
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal   Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 2:12 pm

Hi folks... If I'm not to badly mistaken, all of the Leroy Beal info is now defunct... when he passed, someone took his info off the net... at least when I try to access my links that I saved, I get a message saying that site is no longer available... it's a real shame since there were many good items there... if I come across one of them, I'll let you know...
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal   Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 4:28 pm

I made my own. I had a piece of fairly rigid flat piece of steel, 1" wide. Cut two pieces about 6" in length. I took off that metal plate that's attached to the back of the original butt rest. Those hex screws are the right length to go through the 1/4 " flat metal piece. 4 screws hold the butt rest and the bottom part of the 6" metal plate attaches to the two brackets that slide in. Drill the holes carefully lining everything up.
4 Hardware screws attach the bottom of the plates to the brackets.There is just a 2-5 degree angle to give the back rest a slight forward slant to fit yur back. If you are taller than 5'3", then you adjust the length of the steel accordingly.
Mine looks great and fits perfectly.
Jay.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal   Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 6:03 pm

cotectoi, that sounds like a darn good start for me, thank you. I saw other that used an auto head rest but I wanted something that used the original butt rest.
Back to top Go down
vmaximus
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal   Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 7:37 am

I made the one using a car head restraint and serves its purpose very well, I also made one in the Leroy Beale style and although comfortable for the rider it is uncomfortable for the pillion passenger and I don't think it looks so good. Just my opinion. Pud.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal   Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Butt rest to backrest Leroy Beal
Page 1 of 1