Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Honda Adventure Scooter

Go down 
+7
bikehiker
Bash On!
Smaug
Murf
Gustafa
Meldrew
john grinsel
11 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3299
Registration date : 2009-08-18

New Honda Adventure Scooter Empty
PostSubject: New Honda Adventure Scooter   New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 5:56 pm

My English scooter magazine arrived today. Now see the Honda Adventure scooter is now on some markets.

It probably will not come to US market---I think too heavy and expensive and the dead US scooter market.

I cannot from the pictures determine if the final drive is chain or belt....but what ever it is appears to have cover.

Does it interest me? No, too heavy for me at this stage in life=old.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: New Honda Adventure Scooter   New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 2:24 am

The X-ADV is chain drive and has a partially enclosed cover, weighs about 20 lbs less than the Silver Wing, the seat height is 3 inches higher, and isn't a step thru'.
Back to top Go down
Gustafa
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Gustafa

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2015-10-10

PostSubject: Re: New Honda Adventure Scooter   New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 9:40 am

Dont see it available in the US?
Back to top Go down
Murf
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Murf

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2017-04-19

PostSubject: Re: New Honda Adventure Scooter   New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 1:45 pm

I would consider buying one if the price was reasonable. Would be fun to off road. Honda used to make Honda matics along time ago.
Back to top Go down
Smaug
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Smaug

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-07-30

PostSubject: Re: New Honda Adventure Scooter   New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 7:16 pm

I think it would sell well in the states, if Honda doesn't get over-the-top greedy on price, as they're prone to do these days.

It looks macho enough that maybe some of the young crowd would actually buy one. Someone who wants a scooter, but couldn't take the ridicule from his young buddies, like he would with a Silver Wing. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bash On!
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2015-08-24

PostSubject: Re: New Honda Adventure Scooter   New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 9:16 am

Murf wrote:
I would consider buying one if the price was reasonable.

Smaug wrote:
I think it would sell well in the states, if Honda doesn't get over-the-top greedy on price, as they're prone to do these days.

Not a problem--just wait them out.  If the price is too high they won't sell and then Honda will have to discount them.  Like my NOS 2013 SW at more than 1/3 off in 2015. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: New Honda Adventure Scooter   New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 11:23 pm

Honda ADV 150 coming soon or wishful thinking?

Too bad this is only 150 cc, but a pcx 150 aint a bad scooter, and in adventure clothes it's really tempting. Hope it comes to US with an additional 300cc option. Dreaming.

https://advrider.com/the-honda-adv150-seems-ready-to-come-to-the-us/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_content=02_25_2020
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: New Honda Adventure Scooter   New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 12:27 pm

I test rode the XADV last year and although it was good fun, I couldn't put my feet flat on the ground (I'm 6ft) and the gearbox made some nasty noises when changing down in automatic mode. Also, the pillion seat didn't come close to the SW.

I expected better from Honda. Don't think I'll be buying one. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1987
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: New Honda Adventure Scooter   New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 5:01 pm

Loosemarbles wrote:
I test rode the XADV last year and although it was good fun, I couldn't put my feet flat on the ground (I'm 6ft) and the gearbox made some nasty noises when changing down in automatic mode. Also, the pillion seat didn't come close to the SW.

I expected better from Honda. Don't think I'll be buying one. Crying or Very sad

Come on Loosemarbles. With 6 feet you'd think at least one of them could hit the ground...
Sorry, the crazy brain kicked in just now.
chickendance
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: New Honda Adventure Scooter   New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 5:36 pm

There's a shed load of used low mileage Honda X-ADV 750's for sale on an online website I looked at today, over 40 of them. So to me judging by the number of them back in the dealers, it seems they've been rather a disappointment to what's that phrase, the early adapters. Sad

If you're a keen maxi scooter rider why would you want to go back down that road for? it's chain drive and pretty open at the back end like the Integra, and I've read posts from owners complaining that in bad weather it flings rainwater, mud, and road crud all over the rear of the bike, and your passenger if you're carrying one.

Being an adventure type bike It has minimal weather protection and storage capacity for the solo rider, and there isn't the vast range of accessories available for it that something like the BMW GS range has.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: New Honda Adventure Scooter   New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 8:27 pm

Murf wrote:
I would consider buying one if the price was reasonable.  Would be fun to off road.  Honda used to make Honda matics along time ago.

A long time ago CB750A 1976-78   CB400A 1978 only. CM 400-450A  up until about 1983.    Fluid drive torque converter and semi-auto 2 speed.  Chain drive front disc. rear drum brakes.   Owned a 79 CM 400A a few years traded it for something faster.  I have a 78 CB400A but it's not running at this time needs some work.

Adventure Scooter looks nice but need at least 300cc to be interesting or rideable on hills around here.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: New Honda Adventure Scooter   New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 9:39 pm

Yes, 300cc would make it more interesting. Also, there's mention that one difference between the PCX 150 and the ADV 150 is that the seat is a little higher on the ADV, probably because of the slightly higher ground clearance for the ADV. Makes sense for that type of bike, but for me, higher seat height is a negative.
Back to top Go down
Chris Olson
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Chris Olson

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2014-06-22

PostSubject: Re: New Honda Adventure Scooter   New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2020 6:03 pm

The ADV150 is in the US, we test rode one today. We didn't like it. We have a pair of Roketa Bali 150's that are now 16 years old that we're looking to replace. We use those for general errands and running around. The ADV150 is not a suitable replacement for the Bali 150's. There was several things neither me nor my wife liked about the ADV150.

We are probably going to replace our old Chinese scooters with a pair of 2021 Burgman 200's. We both really like the Burgman.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Honda Adventure Scooter   New Honda Adventure Scooter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Honda Adventure Scooter
Page 1 of 1