Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
Site will not link with FaceBook...please read I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
Site will not link with FaceBook...please read I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Site will not link with FaceBook...please read I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Site will not link with FaceBook...please read I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Site will not link with FaceBook...please read I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Site will not link with FaceBook...please read I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Site will not link with FaceBook...please read I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Site will not link with FaceBook...please read I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Site will not link with FaceBook...please read I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Site will not link with FaceBook...please read I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Site will not link with FaceBook...please read

Go down 
+5
Meldrew
Cosmic_Jumper
GHM-PM
Dale N.
JeffR
9 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Site will not link with FaceBook...please read Empty
PostSubject: Site will not link with FaceBook...please read   Site will not link with FaceBook...please read I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 11:57 pm

Hi,

There is a change that is required soon in order for this site to link to Facebook but I will not do this.  FB will require some new type of HTML, or something like that, and I am just not going to do that.  This site has never been linked to FB anyway so I'm sure no one will notice.  The site should not be effected at all as it is.  Most of these forums have done something to link, or be accessed, to FB but I don't intend to make any changes.

Thanks,

Jeff
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1987
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Site will not link with FaceBook...please read   Site will not link with FaceBook...please read I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 6:30 am

It doesn't really matter to me if it's linked or not. I always come here to read, post and learn. This is my favorite site for everything SWing.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Site will not link with FaceBook...please read   Site will not link with FaceBook...please read I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 8:30 am

Thanks for letting us know Jeff. I use FB but have no issue with this decision.
Back to top Go down
Scootypuff Snr
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Scootypuff Snr

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2017-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Site will not link with FaceBook...please read   Site will not link with FaceBook...please read I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 8:32 am

whilst it doesn't effect me either way I respect your decision and personally dislike fb with a vengeance
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Site will not link with FaceBook...please read   Site will not link with FaceBook...please read I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 8:37 am

While rumor has it that there is a Silverwing group on FaceBook, I wouldn't know how to get there. Seems to me that all too soon it would become another social addiction which would interrupt actual riding.

Tim

FaceBook? FaceBook?... We dont need no steenking FaceBook.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Site will not link with FaceBook...please read   Site will not link with FaceBook...please read I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 1:02 pm

Well Timothy, all you need to do is type Silver Wing or Silverwing in Search on Facebook, and various worldwide Silverwing groups come up. There's one started by an American bloke called Dennis a couple of years ago, and there's a few familiar names off here have joined.

Back to top Go down
Scootypuff Snr
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Scootypuff Snr

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2017-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Site will not link with FaceBook...please read   Site will not link with FaceBook...please read I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 3:11 pm

Meldrew wrote:
Well Timothy, all you need to do is type Silver Wing or Silverwing in Search on Facebook, and various worldwide Silverwing groups come up. There's one started by an American bloke called Dennis a couple of years ago, and there's a few familiar names off here have joined.

2 main ones are American & an Italian (I think) as I say I dislike fb so much due to its intrusive nature and data harvesting.
However it does allow access to some obscure groups and more importantly ride outs & meets. Also unlike what's app I don't have to have my phone cluttered with IMs
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Site will not link with FaceBook...please read   Site will not link with FaceBook...please read I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 3:58 pm

Does it matter? Not to me, I like this site as it is. As they say KISS!
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Site will not link with FaceBook...please read   Site will not link with FaceBook...please read I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 8:44 pm

Facebook is like having an evil twin sister, always asking and probing for information, post a picture , what's this what's that, NOYDB I say.
Back to top Go down
dekare
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
dekare

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2016-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Site will not link with FaceBook...please read   Site will not link with FaceBook...please read I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 7:51 am

oldwingguy wrote:
Facebook is like having an evil twin sister, always asking and probing for information, post a picture , what's this what's that, NOYDB I say.

Well, since we're all here for social networking reasons to begin with, Facebook is just another tool or another format in accomplishing that goal. It's a bit interesting to be standing in a kettle of networking already (Silverwing Forum) and saying Facebook is an evil sister! Both are social networking. Laughing
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Site will not link with FaceBook...please read   Site will not link with FaceBook...please read I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 8:48 am

True but I don't find THIS site constantly asking me to post a picture, answer a question about me nor picking and choosing what I get to see and who shows up to respond to based on if I did or did not respond to them. That said it did allow me to find out a few class mates are still alive Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site will not link with FaceBook...please read   Site will not link with FaceBook...please read I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Site will not link with FaceBook...please read
Page 1 of 1