Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Mechanics in Los Angeles?
Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeby Whiteclay Today at 2:45 pm

» Drive faces
Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:38 pm

» V Belt Light
Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 12:39 pm

» 2025 Silverwing 600!
Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 8:17 am

» Introducing ME
Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:21 am

» Mid-Ohio Parade Lap, Pro Football HOF Fail, Upstate NY
Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 11:50 am

» Slow gas leak
Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeby mavericksssrig Yesterday at 11:08 am

» At 85, got new bike
Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeby DavidinDunnellon Yesterday at 10:36 am

» Cold Start Fast Idle?
Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:23 pm

» Greetings from the UK
Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:18 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hi, new to the forum

Go down 
+5
exavid
Dale N.
Mike from NS
pgnz
svlsc.tudor
9 posters
AuthorMessage
svlsc.tudor
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2019-05-05

Hi, new to the forum Empty
PostSubject: Hi, new to the forum   Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 5:17 am

Hi from Leeds UK, just joined, hope everyone is doing well.

First Silverwing looking to fit a set of soft panniers for a 1300 miles trip.
If anyone has any suggestions, photos, details on how to do this securely would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
Back to top Go down
pgnz
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
pgnz

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2017-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Hi, new to the forum   Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 6:42 am

Welcome, welcome, There are some wonderful people on this forum from as far away as Russia, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Spain, France and Germany and lots more, also some old grumpy codgers from yorkshire and other parts of the UK,. But don't let that bother you as they all have your Silverwing problems at heart and solutions nearby. Nice to hear from you and we will all read your posts and avice accordingly. Cheers Pete
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi, new to the forum   Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 7:00 am

Welcome from Nova Scotia ! Just as enjoyable as is the Silverwing was a visit and tour to Leeds Castle my wife and I had back in 1994. Such a pleasant setting, it was one of the highlights of that trip. (The reason for the trip was attending the Blackpool Dance Festival.)

Mike
Back to top Go down
svlsc.tudor
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hi, new to the forum   Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 7:11 am

Haha, cheers Pete, top man! Not to worry, I live in Yorkshire so I'm used to it Laughing

Thanks Mike, glad to hear you had a nice trip, there are a lot of beautiful places to see.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hi, new to the forum   Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 8:17 am

Welcome from Princeton, Minnesota USA. Lots of info here for doing most anything you want to your SWing.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi, new to the forum   Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 8:43 am

Hello and welcome from Oregon, US. Great forum mainly because of great people here! motorcycle
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2019-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Hi, new to the forum   Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 8:51 am

Welcome svlsc.tudor, enjoy mate Wink
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi, new to the forum   Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 9:06 am

Welcome to the best maxi-scooter forum! Lots of good info and help here!
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi, new to the forum   Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 9:24 am

Hello and welcome from me too.

Tim
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3819
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Hi, new to the forum   Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 11:04 am

Hello from me, too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4207
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Hi, new to the forum   Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 11:15 am

pgnz wrote:
Welcome, welcome, There are some wonderful people on this forum from as far away as Russia, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Spain, France and Germany and lots more, also some old grumpy codgers from yorkshire and other parts of the UK,. But don't let that bother you as they all have your Silverwing problems at heart and solutions nearby. Nice to hear from you and we will all read your posts and avice accordingly. Cheers Pete

Now how do you know that there's wonderful people on this forum from Russia, Estonia, Finland, Greece, etc on here? Or that there's grumpy old codgers from Yorkshire and other parts of the UK?

I'm not daft enough to think you're Captain Haddock from TinTin because of your forum avatar, so don't think I'm that Victor Meldrew bloke off the telly by mine

In contrast you've no idea of my age and if I'm grumpy or not. I'm 25 or so miles away from the new lad in the fair city of Leeds, not in another Hemisphere, and have a set of modified Givi T421 panniers he'd like to know about.
Back to top Go down
svlsc.tudor
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hi, new to the forum   Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 11:34 am

Meldrew wrote:
pgnz wrote:

Now how do you know that there's wonderful people on this forum from Russia, Estonia, Finland, Greece, etc on here? Or that there's grumpy old codgers from Yorkshire and other parts of the UK?  

I'm not daft enough to think you're Captain Haddock from TinTin because of your forum avatar, so don't think I'm that Victor Meldrew bloke off the telly by mine

In contrast you've no idea of my age and if I'm grumpy or not. I'm 25 or so miles away from the new lad in the fair city of Leeds, not in another Hemisphere, and have a set of modified Givi T421 panniers he'd like to know about.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, much appreciated!

Back to the panniers, I know they are held together by straps that go under the seat, but what is the easiest way to tie them at the bottom so they won't be flapping about?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4207
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Hi, new to the forum   Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 12:13 pm

Hello mate, when I've had me tea, I'll go in the garage and dig my panniers out. I intended looking more closely at what I'd originally done to lengthen the straps to refresh my memory. If your set of straps are already wide enough I won't need to, the strap lengthening was originally carried out to allow for the over wide rear seat of the lardass 650 Burgman ten years ago for a Northern Germany tour with Mrs M.

Givi do give you a pair of small bungees to secure the bottoms of the panniers, and I can't remember now if I ever used them or even needed them. The easiest way would be hook one to the D ring on the bottom of one pannier across the rear mudguard below the number plate, and hooking it to the D ring on the bottom of the other pannier.
Back to top Go down
svlsc.tudor
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hi, new to the forum   Hi, new to the forum I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 12:24 pm

Nice one, don't worry about getting them out, the top straps will be long enough which is great.

Sounds simple enough, I was worried it might interfere with something underneath, but that's great, sorted, thank you!
Back to top Go down

Hi, new to the forum
Page 1 of 1