Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

stock windshield or not

Go down 
+29
Dale N.
bicyclenut
westgl
chief253
Dimond
DaveR
DarthJ
JeffR_
CathyN
larryinseattle
goldwinger
tubeck
toolboxjesse
tarmacburner2
IDwingit
Opalsboy
tankyuong
john grinsel
honda_silver
bob wells
Somerled
skiwoods
joncallihan
The Scootist
DickO
scooterbob
JeffR
jdeereanton
cruiser
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

what type of windshield do you curantly have
Stock
stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 52 ]
Givi
stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_vote_lcap47%stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 47% [ 71 ]
Clearview, small
stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
med
stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 3 ]
large
stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 4 ]
X large
stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 8 ]
Other
stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 150

AuthorMessage
cruiser
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
cruiser

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-02-09

stock windshield or not - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: stock windshield or not   stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 7:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Curious to know how many peaple have changed there
windshields out with after market.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: stock windshield or not   stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:48 pm

When I had my SWing, i replaced the stock screen with a Clearview large. Wind protection was very good and could see over or duck down easily. When I got the Shadow, I asked if they were planning on making shields for them and the answer was no. So, ended up with a Memphis Shades Memphis Fats 21 inch shield. The gradient ruby color really complements the bike and the brackets were a breeze to install. Big difference between no shield and having one. Especially at 60-70!
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: stock windshield or not   stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 10:42 pm

I like the above comments pro and con. . .I have the 2005 changed the stock w/s went with the Givi 214. I liked it but seemed to get buffet from the back. Also it seemed very massive. Yesterday I installed the new Givi Air Flow Adjustable. Went for about a 15 mile ride. What a nice addition to my Swing! I must say with the Dr. Sliders dropping my RPM and the new Air Flow w/s I am anxious to see how well it performs now. I was very satisfied with what I observed yesterday on my short ride. This new Givi Air Flow has my vote!
Old Dave in Western Nebraska Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: stock windshield or not   stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:18 pm

For anyone reading this thread, be sure to read the sticky topic entitled Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review ( https://www.silverwing600.com/t1677p300-givi-airflow-adjustable-windshield-review#40445 ) as there seems to be a consensus among forum members that: a) the stock windscreen is NOT adequate to prevent excessive buffeting for most riders, and b) the windscreen with the greatest number of very positive reviews is the Givi AirFlow AF214. My strong recommendation is that anyone riding their SWing more than 50mph will be very pleased to have installed the AF214. No windscreen is perfect - but the AF214 seems to be the windscreen against which all other windscreens (stock or after-market) are now measured. The nominal $230 that you will spend on the AF214 will bring you way more joy than you can possibly imagine. Ride Safe.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: stock windshield or not   stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:16 am

I now have the Givi Adjustable Air Flo on my 2005 Silverwing. Spent thirty years in aviation and we used to check "Airfoils" to see how they were performing by putting a piece of 'yarn' on the surface to get a visual check of what was happening. Yesterday, I put some yarn on the top of both parts of the Air Flo wind shield to see how it was managing the wind stream. It is quite interesting. The Givi Adjustable does a very good job of managing the "Air Flo." Give this a try and you will understand why it does such a good job and yet with so little resistance, which should help give many "plusses" to your Silverwing's performance and your comfort zone.
Old Dave in Western Nebraska Smile
Back to top Go down
chief253
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-05-02

PostSubject: Re: stock windshield or not   stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 7:26 pm

Givi
Back to top Go down
chief253
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-05-02

PostSubject: Re: stock windshield or not   stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 7:34 pm

Givi
Back to top Go down
westgl
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2014-04-11

PostSubject: Re: stock windshield or not   stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 11:39 pm

Last edited by westgl on Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bicyclenut
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bicyclenut

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2015-09-04

PostSubject: Re: stock windshield or not   stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 12:31 am

Cee Bailey, OEM stored away in a box
Back to top Go down
http://www.MarkNovackPhotography.com
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1987
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: stock windshield or not   stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 8:51 am

I have a Clearview on my 08. Not sure if it's a large or small tho. I'm 5' 9" tall and can just see over the top if I tip my head up a bit. It was on the SWing when I got it so I don't know any difference between any other screen. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: stock windshield or not   stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 1:24 pm

Changed to a Givi 214 large clear. Better wind protection although still some buffeting depending on wind direction and strength but an improvement on the stock screen. Much less noise too. I will be looking for a further alternative in the future. We really need to be able to trial them before buying. Original still in a box in the garage, can't think why !
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: stock windshield or not   stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 1:47 pm

Loosebearing wrote:
. I will be looking for a further alternative in the future. We really need to be able to trial them before buying. Original still in a box in the garage, can't think why !

Many members have tested and recommended the adjustable GIVI windshield. Why did you decide on the non-adjustable?
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2566
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: stock windshield or not   stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 8:07 pm

Cee Bailey sized to my specs. Over 100 bucks cheaper than Givi adjustable. Never adjust the one on my Goldwing so...
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: stock windshield or not   stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 7:26 am

Smile when I bought mine it had the Givi 214 on it, I didn't know squat about anything compared to stock, hello he could have told me it was stock, BUT I like this Givi and don't mind looking through as the Tall Tulsa on my G'Wing definitely was a look through and I liked it. The only thing other than that non stock item was the Givia Maxia box that came with the bike but never installed, probably never will be by me but that's another story Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stock windshield or not   stock windshield or not - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stock windshield or not
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2