Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Mechanics in Los Angeles?
Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeby Whiteclay Yesterday at 6:45 pm

» Drive faces
Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» V Belt Light
Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 4:39 pm

» 2025 Silverwing 600!
Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 12:17 pm

» Introducing ME
Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 11:21 am

» Mid-Ohio Parade Lap, Pro Football HOF Fail, Upstate NY
Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Fri Sep 06, 2024 3:50 pm

» Slow gas leak
Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeby mavericksssrig Fri Sep 06, 2024 3:08 pm

» At 85, got new bike
Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeby DavidinDunnellon Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:36 pm

» Cold Start Fast Idle?
Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:23 pm

» Greetings from the UK
Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:18 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider

Go down 
+5
model28a
kbcmdba
wayneliz
lcseds
DennisB
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider Empty
PostSubject: Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider   Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi all,

This is one of those guys that should be arrested on the spot. A citizens arrest would do it or a 3 foot long 3/4" steel pipe to the side of this ASSHOLES HEAD. Moderate this if you need to but we have a few people like this in Oklahoma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbTZkZTYkaM&feature
Back to top Go down
lcseds
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2011-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider   Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:21 pm

I'm afraid I would have not been so nice. With protective gear and a helmet on, I think I would have jumped right in there....
Back to top Go down
wayneliz
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wayneliz

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider   Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:58 pm

I second that- these idiots need consequences!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider   Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:26 am

I'd like to know what happened to the guy if the cops showed up. If it were up to me he'd spend 10 years in prison for attempted murder. He tried everything in his power to kill someone, and why? For PASSING him. He considers that HIS road and going faster than him is a wrong so bad it should be punished with DEATH.

I wouldn't condone someone taking matters into their own hands and assaulting him, but I would certainly understand. Especially since the cops probably didn't show up and this guy probably didn't get punished at all for what he did. The lack of protection by the police who are too busy doing useless "police work" definitely encourages vigilante behavior.

These two riders showed remarkable restraint.
Back to top Go down
kbcmdba
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
kbcmdba

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider   Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 1:23 am

If the biker had been injured as a result of the pickup driver's actions, combined with the video, I believe the driver would have rightfully been cited for assault with a deadly weapon among several other charges. I also believe the bikers would have been cited as well given the video. However, I completely agree that the pickup driver was clearly in the wrong. Does it seem fair that the cyclist was breaking the no passing zone law? No. Even if the pickup driver hadn't gone after the biker, did the biker put himself and others at risk by doing so? I believe so. I also believe that had the filming biker not seen that, he too would have attemped to pass the pickup illegally based on how fast they both came up on the pickup. Unfortunately, what I see all too often is someone forgets to have a cool head and people get hurt because of it. The pickup driver was inappropriately taking the law into his own hands and could have ended up murdering the biker. If the biker hadn't made what was extremely likely an illegal pass at what looked like a very high rate, I doubt the pickup driver would have gone berzerk. I blame all three in this case for letting their testosterone get to them and I think a little time in the pokey would be good for all three.
Back to top Go down
http://kbcmdba.blogspot.com/
kbcmdba
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
kbcmdba

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider   Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 1:45 am

I should add that rather than going after people like that while driving, I do pick up the cell and call 911 here. I find it is a lot more effective because the dispatcher near me dispatches for three surrounding police departments so I can usually report something on one side of the area and the law breaker is stopped by the other side of the area. This protects me because I am not enforcing laws yet reporting law breakers. This helps the police because they get a bad guy off the streets with a comlaining witness willing to testify.

One road near me tends to attract nasty drivers at their worst. When there, I keep my eyes peeled and ride very carefully. As a result, people generally leave me alone. When they don't, I am careful to anticipate their move so I can be out of the way. I recently saw a driver reading the newspaper while driving and eating. Same thing - call the police, report what I see along with a plate, back off keeping an eye on them and lead the officer to them without putting myself into danger. There's a reason why driving distracted like that is considered reckless.
Back to top Go down
http://kbcmdba.blogspot.com/
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider   Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 4:59 am

"A citizens arrest would do it or a 3 foot long 3/4" steel pipe to the side of this ASSHOLES HEAD"
+1 Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Buickguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2011-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider   Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 6:47 am

I had seen this on another forum.
I'll say here what I said there.

Buickguy wrote:

Unfortunately, this is one of the realities we deal with. It is not that unusual, really.
I had a friend (I knew him from the BMW club) who was deliberately hit while riding on a divided major road. A woman in a Cadillac was in one of the turn around cut outs in a boulevard and drove right out in to my friends motorcycle, breaking his leg and totaling his full dress H-D (don't know what model H-D he had). He had tried to get away changing two lanes to his right but the Cadillac driver chased him across those lanes and hit him deliberately. When asked by the LEO responding if she did not see the motorcycle she responded that she saw him but he didn't belong on the road so she ran him over. She was under the impression that he was not legal to be on the road in February. There was no arrest, no court. The only punitive action taken against the Cadillac driver was a citation for failure to yield.
In a motorcycle fatality you will find that most states do not treat it like any other vehicle related fatality. It is much less serious than a fatality involving another automobile. Hitting a vulnerable pedestrian in most jurisdictions is a major legal issue.
No so with a motorcyclist. There is still a prevailing attitude that the motorcyclist's life is not worth what a "decent, law abiding" citizen's life is worth. The attitude of "Life comes cheap to that type" is so permeated into the legal system it isn't even funny.
Case in point, the incident that RebelWhipped posted. That teen who deliberately and seriously injured a motorcyclist was not denied bail, he wasn't even denied driving privileges! Had that been a pedestrian who was J-walking, that teen would be up on charges of attempted homicide and denied bail let alone driving.
Like I said before , it is a reality we deal with. It does not matter what type of cycle or what manufacturer.
We counter by being vigilant. There are other things we can do but it means altering our perception and behaviour.
Be safe out there. Do the best you can. know your bike. Know yourself.

Sorry for the rant.
Back to top Go down
Buickguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2011-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider   Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 6:53 am

For those who don't know the "other article" I was referring to, here's the link to that story.

Windham teen driver accused of deliberately hitting motorcyclist | New Hampshire NEWS03
Back to top Go down
lcseds
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2011-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider   Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:34 am

Buickguy wrote:
For those who don't know the "other article" I was referring to, here's the link to that story.

Windham teen driver accused of deliberately hitting motorcyclist | New Hampshire NEWS03

Lemme guess the outcome. Three points and a $250 fine for failure to maintain lane?
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider   Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:22 pm

The first comment I read on the original video states that the incident took place in KY. It also states that passing a slow moving vehicle ,when it is safe,is not illegal. That truck driver looked like a "BUBBA". Biker lucky he didn't get run over by the idiot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider   Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 4:51 pm

Wow.

The overwhelming evidence seems to be that law enforcement is not interested in giving adequate punishment to those people who intentionally harm people on motorcycles.

I definitely understand why people want to take vigilante action against these types of people. The system is absolutely useless.
Back to top Go down
aidanpryde18
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider   Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 5:01 pm

Being from Kentucky, I have a good idea what is going on here. Kentucky has a large number of counties, especially when compared to the population. This is from a small county in northeastern KY. My guess is that local guy in the truck knows somebody on the force. Ain't no big deal since it was just a bunch of a-hole bikers from somewhere else. The official story becomes that he sneezed and swerved accidentally at an inopportune moment and it was all a big misunderstanding.

Nothing to see here, move along! No

It's sad, but usually true.
Back to top Go down
Eldon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Eldon

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider   Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 11:55 am

Two wrongs do not make right and do not forget that rednecks in Kentucky carry guns and know where all the abandoned wells are
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider   Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:46 pm

Yeah, I don't agree that punishing someone for trying to KILL me just for passing him is a "wrong."
Back to top Go down
Eldon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Eldon

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider   Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 4:42 pm

From watching it looked like the bikes were passing in no passing zone double yellow lines and going faster the the speed limit and then confronting the redneck. Tempers do not make good motor vehicle operators and make bad impressions to the public.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider   Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 7:10 pm

And the penalty for speeding and crossing on a double yellow should be death?

Warm up the electric chair for me, because I've done it.
Back to top Go down

Video of A guy trying to kill a bike rider
Page 1 of 1