Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Mechanics in Los Angeles?
Oil leaking from water pump seal I_icon_minitimeby Whiteclay Today at 2:45 pm

» Drive faces
Oil leaking from water pump seal I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:38 pm

» V Belt Light
Oil leaking from water pump seal I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 12:39 pm

» 2025 Silverwing 600!
Oil leaking from water pump seal I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 8:17 am

» Introducing ME
Oil leaking from water pump seal I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:21 am

» Mid-Ohio Parade Lap, Pro Football HOF Fail, Upstate NY
Oil leaking from water pump seal I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 11:50 am

» Slow gas leak
Oil leaking from water pump seal I_icon_minitimeby mavericksssrig Yesterday at 11:08 am

» At 85, got new bike
Oil leaking from water pump seal I_icon_minitimeby DavidinDunnellon Yesterday at 10:36 am

» Cold Start Fast Idle?
Oil leaking from water pump seal I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:23 pm

» Greetings from the UK
Oil leaking from water pump seal I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:18 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Oil leaking from water pump seal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WingMan02
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
WingMan02

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2012-01-19

Oil leaking from water pump seal Empty
PostSubject: Oil leaking from water pump seal   Oil leaking from water pump seal I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Anyone have any tips and/or pictures on replacing the two water pump seals? I placed the Swing on the center stand and sprayed cleaner under the bike cleaning all indications of oil leak. Ran the engine for 10 minutes. Left the bike on center stand for two days. No sign of an oil leak. Placed bike on side stand and ran the engine for 10 minutes. Oil drops within 5 hours. Dripping from water pump. Visual inspection shows oil running down the back of the water pump where it joins to the engine block. I loosened the wrong bolt when trying to flush my coolant last month. I did not think that it would have caused any harm, but I guess I disturbed the oil seal.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Oil leaking from water pump seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil leaking from water pump seal   Oil leaking from water pump seal I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:01 pm

To remove the water pump , the tupperware needs to be removed.There is 2 bolts that secure pump and pump shaft end where the oil ring is located. Lube the new oil ring then line up the shaft end and reinstall the pump . If pump don't leak coolant do not need to separate the pump to get to the oil seal.
Back to top Go down

Oil leaking from water pump seal
Page 1 of 1