Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» It's that time of year again.
Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s  I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 3:31 pm

» Silverwing 600 Owner
Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 6:47 am

» I Need Help With The Brake Bleeding
Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Sun Oct 20, 2024 4:57 pm

» New FPR, new vacuum pipes, still 22mpg
Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Sun Oct 20, 2024 4:35 pm

» A strange howl
Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s  I_icon_minitimeby 53Scooterguy Sun Oct 20, 2024 11:56 am

» Tip For Bleeding Brakes
Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Sun Oct 20, 2024 9:58 am

» Brake/Start Switch Availability
Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Oct 19, 2024 7:31 am

» Passenger Back rest
Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s  I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Sat Oct 19, 2024 4:36 am

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s  I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Oct 16, 2024 1:11 pm

» Mini-Mate Camper
Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Wed Oct 16, 2024 7:17 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s  Empty
PostSubject: Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s    Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:18 am

A quick heads up. As your Swing gets older, the likelihood of a fuel pressure regulator failure increases. The rubber diaphragm inside dries out, and pinhole leaks can develop. The leaks cause engine vacuum to suck fuel into the the intake manifold, causing a rich running condition.The symptoms of failure range from stalling shortly after the engine is started, to a no-start flooded engine situation. There are 2 different regulators, depending on your engine serial number.

For engines up to and including S/N 6301885, use regulator part # 16740-MCT-013

For engines with S/N 6301886 and higher, use regulator part #
16740-MFT-641

As always, when replacing the regulator, also install a new O-ring, part # 91302-MCA-000, and do not use any lubrication on the O-ring.

The engine serial # can be found on the left side of the bike, right behind the air cleaner chamber drain hose sticking out below the engine.

This fix is an easy DIY. Despite the service manual saying the intake manifold has to come off, a big job, it doesn't. This can easily be done by just removing the under seat cover, as if you were going to only adjust the throttle plate synchronization.

Last edited by bigbird on Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s    Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:46 am

Thanks for the tip bigbird, might be the reason why my 2008 S/W is starting to run a little rough. I'am changing plugs and air filter, if that does,nt fix it, I'll check out the fuel press. reg.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s    Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 10:57 am

robert wrote:
Thanks for the tip bigbird, might be the reason why my 2008 S/W is starting to run a little rough. I'am changing plugs and air filter, if that does,nt fix it, I'll check out the fuel press. reg.
After doing your maintenance, I'd suggest synching the throttle plates before digging into the fuel pressure regulator. If your plugs are not showing signs of rich running, then definitely synch first.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4214
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s    Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 12:27 pm

bigbird wrote:
A quick heads up. As your Swing gets older, the likelihood of a fuel pressure regulator failure increases.
That's also true of all us old git's that ride them! Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4415
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s    Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 7:20 pm

Hmmm... I wonder what the difference between the two FPRs could be? That engine # change appears to be from around 2008-2009, just about the time they added the O2 sensor.

If they changed the operating pressure for the injectors I wonder if it's possible to find out the setting of the newer FPR? Is that pressure change covered as an addendum to the Service Manual?

Tim
Back to top Go down
gizmoguy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s    Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 8:41 pm

I found the regulator for my bike on partzilla . Com for $36 (mct version for my 2005)
Any idea what part number the silly o ring is?

Thanks for awesome info on how easy it is to swap .

Mike <><
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4415
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s    Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 10:07 pm

O-Ring (7.8 x 1.9) 91302-MCA-000

Tim
Back to top Go down

Fuel Pressure Regulator Assembly Tips and part #'s
Page 1 of 1