Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Givi AF214 Airflow Adjustable Windshield install on 2012 SW
My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 10:58 am

» Drive faces
My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby DavidinDunnellon Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Power to gps handlebar mounted
My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby gettyuptogo Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» Replacing front indicator bulb. How?
My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:32 pm

» Easy gps connection to brake switch
My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby gettyuptogo Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:14 pm

» First impressions of the silver wing
My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby RedRaider Sun Sep 15, 2024 11:04 am

» Throttle Body Jiggle Valve
My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:24 am

» 2025 Silverwing 600!
My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:22 pm

» From Dayton, Ohio
My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:05 pm

» Hello from Fort Worth,Tx
My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby RedRaider Thu Sep 12, 2024 3:59 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

My new Silverwing

Go down 
+2
Meldrew
aland
6 posters
AuthorMessage
aland
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2014-08-23

My new Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: My new Silverwing   My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 2:42 am

I'd like to thank all the posters on here as, after reading many positive views on the Silverwing I have taken the plunge and bought one. I was previously running a Majesty 400 after years of motorcycle ownership, big bikes too such as 'Guzzi Cali's and BMW R1150 etc. The Majesty gave me an insight into scooter ownership and I've never looked back. I swapped the Maj for a 2011 S'wing a week ago and I am thrilled with it. The whole package is a step up from the Yamaha. It feels better built, is significantly quicker and smoother. The handling is an improvement as the supple suspension doesn't jar and crash over our shockingly bad road UK roads, but glides serenely along! I would like to thank those who posted instructions on fitting a Givi AF214 as I fitted one yesterday in under 1 hour, without the tuition I would probably have taken twice as long! I say this a lot, but this one is a 'keeper'
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4209
Registration date : 2010-11-16

My new Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Silverwing   My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 3:07 am

Hello mate, you mean to say you can comfortably ride on our roads on a bog standard Silver Wing without fitting HyperPro fork springs and all that other aftermarket junk so beloved by our US friends, they'll never believe you! Smile

Back to top Go down
aland
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

My new Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Silverwing   My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 3:38 am

Hi Meldrew, yes I find the 'Wing very acceptable. BTW you may have sussed this but I am 'Smeghead' from Maxi Muppets. I registered on this site a couple of years ago but forgot all the log in details! Ended up re-registering as aland which as I am Alan Davis made sense, I guess your name is actually Melvin Drew.
Back to top Go down

My new Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Silverwing   My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 4:43 am

Hello Alan Smile Shhhhhhh don't ever ask Meldrew his real name,he's an international man of mystery Wink
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

My new Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Silverwing   My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 5:11 am

One day back on the forum and you're trying to groom a new guy!  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

My new Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Silverwing   My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 6:12 am

Hi bud Smile did you miss me ????
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

My new Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Silverwing   My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 6:36 am

Sort of, you must now have internet at your hut up on the Wrekin.  Smile
Back to top Go down
aland
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

My new Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Silverwing   My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 6:41 am

Shropshire is lovely, been a few times and was last there in May enjoying the local beer, takeouts from Ludlow brewery! Unfortunately the scoot was at home as it won't tow the caravan.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
My new Silverwing 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

My new Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Silverwing   My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 8:00 am

Welcome aland. welcome It's always good when Meldrew gets new playmates. He can get so testy sometimes. Laughing
Back to top Go down

My new Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Silverwing   My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 10:24 am

Indeed we do Meldrew,they even fitted a new light bulb on the telly aerial this spring Smile

Ludlow food festival is on in a couple of weeks aland,try the ales from Hobson's Brewery next time your over this way,also being close to Wales try a jar or five of The Rev.James (S.A.Brains brewery) probably the best beer they have ever brewed drunken

Hi there "Hi Yo" trust all is well with thee & thine & the weather is being kind to you this year Smile
Back to top Go down
aland
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

My new Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Silverwing   My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 10:39 am

Hi Hiyo, I'm used to Meldrew, he frequents the Maxi Muppets forum. Sadly I find I agree with him most of the time as I am an old git too.
Back to top Go down
dwoodul
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dwoodul

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2014-08-20

My new Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Silverwing   My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 5:36 pm

Welcome from Dallas, TX. Like you, after many "regular" bikes, I happened upon an '07 Majesty and happily commuted to work on it for 5 yrs. I even road it up to the Arkansas Ozarks with a bunch of Hondas, Harleys and Kaws. It ran fine and kept up with the group. It was a reliable and fun bike but got me spoiled not having the shift. So when I sold the Majesty and missed my scooter I found a local 2012 SWing at good price and so far have been impressed. This is old news but it looks like Honda doesn't offer a SWing in the States any more. Yamaha skipped the 2011 year Majesty model I believe and may not offer a 2015 over here... Oh well... d
Back to top Go down
aland
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

My new Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Silverwing   My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 2:57 am

Hi Dwoodul, I hope life in sunny Dallas is treating you well. I have a feeling that there are only a few brand new Silverwings around in the UK. The dealer I bought mine from said he'd had a difficult time tracking down a new one recently. It's quite sad really as Honda don't have an equivalent product. The Integra imho is a mishmash of ideas, neither a scooter nor a motorcycle. I liked the 'Swing because of it's relative simplicity compared to, for instance, a Burgman 650 with it's electronic wizardry, it's just more to go wrong and probably more expensive to mend when it does! Scooters are not as popular in the UK as motorcycles which is why we don't seem to get the range that other European countries do, I visit Spain most years and scooters are all over the place and are ridden by all ages. I love mine and I cannot ever see me owning another m/c
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

My new Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Silverwing   My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 3:22 am

Honda do have an equivalent product on sale in Europe and elsewhere, the updated Silver Wing SWT-400 ABS, and the SWT-600 ABS. It's mainly styling and has side by side twin headlights, instruments very similar to the current 400 Burgman, and black cast wheels.

Back to top Go down
aland
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

My new Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Silverwing   My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 8:00 am

Thanks for the info Meldrew, I didn't realise this existed. Looks nice, maybe Honda will bring it into the UK although as we are swiftly turning into a third world country I suppose all we'll get in the future is 125 two-strokes.
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

My new Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Silverwing   My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 10:59 pm

Bog standard??  Meldrew, help out with an interpretation please. Smile
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

My new Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Silverwing   My new Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 8:09 am

Greysilver wrote:
Bog standard??  Meldrew, help out with an interpretation please. Smile

No farkles!! Laughing
Back to top Go down

My new Silverwing
Page 1 of 1