Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Mechanics in Los Angeles?
Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeby Whiteclay Today at 2:45 pm

» Drive faces
Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:38 pm

» V Belt Light
Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 12:39 pm

» 2025 Silverwing 600!
Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 8:17 am

» Introducing ME
Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:21 am

» Mid-Ohio Parade Lap, Pro Football HOF Fail, Upstate NY
Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 11:50 am

» Slow gas leak
Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeby mavericksssrig Yesterday at 11:08 am

» At 85, got new bike
Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeby DavidinDunnellon Yesterday at 10:36 am

» Cold Start Fast Idle?
Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:23 pm

» Greetings from the UK
Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:18 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest!

Go down 
+6
model28a
Dale N.
DickO
"Hi Yo"
JeffR_
Rcc3rd
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Rcc3rd
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Rcc3rd

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-09-27

Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! Empty
PostSubject: Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest!   Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 10:14 pm

Just picked up an 03 Silverwing today. The ride is nice, although there are some noticeable differences from my last motorcycle. I.e. No clutch! I'm sure that Mrs. C and I can get used to it.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest!   Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 10:55 pm

Congrats on your SWing and welcome to the site. What bikes have you had before? I found the SWing I had to be very smooth and plenty of power for me on the interstate.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest!   Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 11:35 pm

sunny sunny welcome sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1019
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest!   Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 11:49 pm

And a hearty welcome from the Kansas area to you and Mrs. Rcc3rd. You certainly picked "the" place to be for Silver Wings. Enjoy !!!
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest!   Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 1:51 am

Welcome from MN.

I have an 08 SWing and love it. It was a bit different getting used to not shifting and floorboards instead of foot pegs but I got over it.
Back to top Go down
Rcc3rd
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Rcc3rd

PostSubject: Re: Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest!   Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 8:26 am

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! My previous bikes were pretty much all big touring bikes. Gold Wing, Roadstar, and a HD Road King.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest!   Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 11:01 am

Rcc3rd,

The good thing about the SWing is that you can ride 'over water' with them. So if you need to get to Chicago quickly you can just ride across the lake for a short cut. Cool
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest!   Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 6:27 pm

applause welcome applause
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest!   Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 6:44 pm

Welcome to the forum there is lots of good info on here.
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest!   Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 9:17 pm

Welcome to the forum from Arizona.  swing
Back to top Go down
Rcc3rd
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Rcc3rd

PostSubject: Re: Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest!   Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 9:29 pm

Ahhh! Arizona! Mrs. C and I would love to be living in AZ. We were in Sedona in July, and loved it. (We say this every year as we are gearing up for a brutal winter in NW Indiana!) Your pic is a dead ringer for our SWing!
Back to top Go down
dwoodul
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
dwoodul

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2014-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest!   Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 1:20 am

Welcome from Dallas. Great site. I also have a "regular" bike and every once in a while I catch myself grabbing the SWing's left hand lever thinking I need to pull the clutch in. I've found the SWing to be one of the smoothest bikes on the highway with plenty of power.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest!   Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 2:18 am

Congratulations on your new acquisition and welcome to the forum and the world of maxi scooters!
Back to top Go down

Another New Silverwing owner from the American MidWest!
Page 1 of 1