Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike Empty
PostSubject: Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike   Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 3:41 pm

Now that I have had a month of riding my 2004 Swing with a Voyager trike kit, I prefer riding the non trike. I just like leaning into the curves and the power of two wheels.
It is great not needing to place your foot down at intersections and in slow traffic. My wife prefers the stability the trike offers, but dislikes the rougher ride as opposed to two wheels.
I am back on Oahu riding my 2003 Swing. I am going to have to replace both original tires that have 15k miles on them.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1987
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike   Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 12:23 am

I have the Motor Trike GT3 version and really like it. It's not a drive on, drive off kit. It only has three wheels. It handles great and rides pretty darn nice. I will admit that it's a bit rougher on bumpy roads and that's probably due to having two wheels on the back that both hit bumps instead of just the one. I did some research before I bit the bullet and don't regret it a bit.

It's pretty much a to each his own on this. Some like trikes and some don't. I will also admit that it took me a couple of months to not feel like I was going to tip over when going around intersections or going around roundabouts, of which there are now two in Princeton. And now I don't find myself leaning my body just a bit when cornering either.
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike   Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 12:49 am

Dale,
I'm fine with riding a trike. With the ride-on kits, you have to play with the pre-load. I increased the pre-load by 3/8 of an inch. I am able to negotiate the roundabouts at posted speeds without any problems. I just like to lean into the curves. I did not get a chance to increase the pre-load on the rear shocks. Doing so may have lesson the rough ride the outer tires produced due to the pre-load setting for the trike.
Enjoy your trike and ride safe.

Question: Have you had a chance to ride a two wheeler after triking your Swing? If so, what are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1987
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike   Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 12:54 am

I haven't ridden a two wheeler since the conversion. But I have been riding for years and don't think I'll go back to two wheels. Also, being 72 years old the SWing might outlast me. I hope not because I want to live too a ripe old age and enjoy riding.
Back to top Go down
Hiyo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Hiyo

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2019-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike   Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2020 12:09 pm

Hey there, I had this problem of a stiff ride on my Motortrike Burgman. Lower the air pressure on the rear. You have more tires and don't quite need it. BTW the full conversion if you like the more than two wheels options is the way to go, especially if you plan to keep it, if you still have it that is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike   Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silverwing 600 trike vs non trike
Page 1 of 1