Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Mechanics in Los Angeles?
Jan/Feb Photo I_icon_minitimeby Whiteclay Today at 2:45 pm

» Drive faces
Jan/Feb Photo I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:38 pm

» V Belt Light
Jan/Feb Photo I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 12:39 pm

» 2025 Silverwing 600!
Jan/Feb Photo I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 8:17 am

» Introducing ME
Jan/Feb Photo I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:21 am

» Mid-Ohio Parade Lap, Pro Football HOF Fail, Upstate NY
Jan/Feb Photo I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 11:50 am

» Slow gas leak
Jan/Feb Photo I_icon_minitimeby mavericksssrig Yesterday at 11:08 am

» At 85, got new bike
Jan/Feb Photo I_icon_minitimeby DavidinDunnellon Yesterday at 10:36 am

» Cold Start Fast Idle?
Jan/Feb Photo I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:23 pm

» Greetings from the UK
Jan/Feb Photo I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:18 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Jan/Feb Photo

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Jan/Feb Photo Empty
PostSubject: Jan/Feb Photo   Jan/Feb Photo I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 10:58 pm

Here's a photo of Glenn 'Standing on the Corner in Winslow Arizona' just after John Grinsel rode past.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Jan/Feb Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jan/Feb Photo   Jan/Feb Photo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 12:39 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Here's a photo of Glenn 'Standing on the Corner in Winslow Arizona' just after John Grinsel rode past.

Well at least he's ready to play his guitar. LOL
But where's the girl Oh Lord in that red ole Ford? Did she slow down to take a look at him?
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Jan/Feb Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jan/Feb Photo   Jan/Feb Photo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 6:51 am

Yes there is a girl, my Lord in that flat bed Ford!!! I took this photo very early in the morning, otherwise there would have been tourists all over the place and in the way! Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4207
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Jan/Feb Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jan/Feb Photo   Jan/Feb Photo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 8:43 am

True, Mrs M and myself were in Winslow back in 2013, and as you say there's a constant steam of tourists (including us) taking or waiting to take photos at Standin' On The Corner'. We had an overnight stay at the historic La Posada next to the railroad tracks, great food and service.

Next day we visited that place with the huge round hole in the ground that a meteorite made. It's name escapes me, but if you've seen one big hole in the ground, you've seen 'em all.

As for the Eagles I've liked them since I heard 'Take It Easy' for the first time in the Seventies, and have always wondered about what this Winslow, Arizona place was like. So it was great that many years later I finally got to go.

I can't say I'm interested in the current line up of the Eagles with new members Deacon Frey and Vince Gill since Glenn Frey passed. Or the way Glenn Frey and Don Henley badly treated and sacked guitarist Don Felder. That guitar duel between him and Joe Walsh on 'Hotel California' has got to be one of the most iconic pieces of rock music ever.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Jan/Feb Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jan/Feb Photo   Jan/Feb Photo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 8:54 am

Barringer Crater the more formal name Meldrew, yep a big hole Smile kind of like the Grand Canyon Smile if you ever get to Bisbee or Ray Az. there are large deep holes there too.

Winslow, been to that one, Aridzona was always one of our favorite states to visit and explore top to bottom and inside and out SmileSmile
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Jan/Feb Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jan/Feb Photo   Jan/Feb Photo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 8:05 pm

I have always loved the Eagles.  Incredible voices and musicians.  A little history for those that don't know. The Eagles broke up in 1980 (appx.) and got back together circa 1994. It was said that the Eagles stated in 1980 they would get back together when Hell freezes over...

Their first new album in 1994 was of course "Hell Freezes Over".

A bit of trivia.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Jan/Feb Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jan/Feb Photo   Jan/Feb Photo I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 2:22 pm

Oh Sure. Every time I log onto this site and see the site photo that song starts running through my head. I don't really mind tho seeing as I like the song.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4207
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Jan/Feb Photo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jan/Feb Photo   Jan/Feb Photo I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 2:58 pm

Some may not have noticed it because that Kinsley sign is obscuring it, but behind it in the window is a mural of lovers embracing.
Back to top Go down

Jan/Feb Photo
Page 1 of 1