Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 2002 600 Odometer
Annoying Vibrations I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Today at 12:52 am

» Witam serdecznie wszystkich????
Annoying Vibrations I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Thu Oct 03, 2024 4:25 pm

» 2005 Silver Wing For Sale
Annoying Vibrations I_icon_minitimeby Yaj Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:16 pm

» 2005 Silver Wing For Sale
Annoying Vibrations I_icon_minitimeby Yaj Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:15 pm

» Happy Birthday Glenn
Annoying Vibrations I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:28 pm

» October 2024 forum picture
Annoying Vibrations I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:29 pm

» Replacing front indicator bulb. How?
Annoying Vibrations I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:35 am

» Honda SH300i
Annoying Vibrations I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:36 am

» First impressions of the silver wing
Annoying Vibrations I_icon_minitimeby RedRaider Wed Sep 25, 2024 2:58 pm

» AF214 Givi windshield
Annoying Vibrations I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Wed Sep 25, 2024 4:05 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Annoying Vibrations

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Carlos
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2024-06-29

Annoying Vibrations Empty
PostSubject: Annoying Vibrations   Annoying Vibrations I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2024 2:40 pm

Hello from Portugal

I have a 2012 Honda SW-T 600 with 28,000 km and now I get an annoying vibration that appears there between 3500 rpm and 4000 rpm. It is only at this stage of the rotation that vibration appears, having increased over time. I don't know what the problem is. If anyone has had a similar problem and can help, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, it's a fabulous machine that I'm very happy with.  Thank you.[b][b][b]b]
Back to top Go down
JohnyC
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
JohnyC

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2022-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Vibrations   Annoying Vibrations I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2024 6:47 am

Hi Carlos, and welcome to the forum btw.

Any chance you can define roughly where you think the vibration may be coming from, as in low and behind you (possible drive train) or under you (possible worn out rollers) or in front (as in loose body work).
I have personally found several annoying rattles over time coming from the running board support framing, having to take all the Tupperware off to apply Loctite to numerous chassis fixing bolts.
Because of the quoted rpm that the vibe hits I would consider removing the drive chain cover to inspect the belt(for fraying and stretch, belt slap marks on the bottom of the cover) and the rollers for flat spots and debris dust.
A quick search of the forum should bring up serval " how too" postings (including tools used).

Hope this helps, awaiting your reply.

Be safe, be seen!
Back to top Go down
Carlos
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Vibrations   Annoying Vibrations I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2024 8:45 am

JohnyC wrote:
Hi Carlos, and welcome to the forum btw.

Any chance you can define roughly where you think the vibration may be coming from, as in low and behind you (possible drive train) or under you (possible worn out rollers) or in front (as in loose body work).
I have personally found several annoying rattles over time coming from the running board support framing, having to take all the Tupperware off to apply Loctite to numerous chassis fixing bolts.
Because of the quoted rpm that the vibe hits I would consider removing the drive chain cover to inspect the belt(for fraying and stretch, belt slap marks on the bottom of the cover) and the rollers for flat spots and debris dust.
A quick search of the forum should bring up serval " how too" postings (including tools used).

Hope this helps, awaiting your reply.

Be safe, be seen!

Thanks for your comment.

The vibration I'm talking about comes from the left side of the scooter, at the rear, where the transmission system is located.

It's a very strong vibration, between 3500/4000 rpm sometimes accompanied by a strange noise. Before or after this rev range, it runs flawlessly, smoothly and without any kind of vibration.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3309
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Vibrations   Annoying Vibrations I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2024 9:59 am

simple fixnoise probably from drive belt---put on brake, run engine up against brakes for 1015 second--think it burng any glaze off---worked for me with 2 new Silverwings and 100,000 miles
Back to top Go down
Carlos
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Vibrations   Annoying Vibrations I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2024 2:22 pm

john grinsel wrote:
simple fixnoise probably from drive belt---put on brake, run engine up against brakes for 1015 second--think it burng any glaze off---worked for me with 2 new Silverwings and 100,000 miles

Hello John,

I've been told to do that, but I haven't done it yet for fear of causing any damage, especially to the clutch.

Unfortunately in these last two weeks I haven't been riding the scooter, because I'm suffering from tendinitis in my shoulder and so I have to avoid it, for now.

But whenever possible, I make some trips here in Portugal that I'll have all the peace to share here on the forum, with photos, as soon as I know how to post them.
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2020-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Vibrations   Annoying Vibrations I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2024 11:02 am

Not knowing more of scooter condition or service history, it could be "Belt Slap" which is kinda normal at that rpm range, but is usually exaggerated by an old belt or a cvt needing cleaning/servicing, at that mileage/age the belt/cvt should had been replaced/cleaned/serviced several times already.
Back to top Go down
Carlos
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Vibrations   Annoying Vibrations I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2024 12:08 pm

zrx212 wrote:
Not knowing more of scooter condition or service history, it could be "Belt Slap" which is kinda normal at that rpm range, but is usually exaggerated by an old belt or a cvt needing cleaning/servicing, at that mileage/age the belt/cvt should had been replaced/cleaned/serviced several times already.

Hello

I bought the scooter two years ago with 17 thousand km.

At 24,000 km, the overhaul was carried out with the replacement of the belt, more rollers and guides, as well as the change of engine and transmission oil, and oil and air filters.

In addition, the front suspension oil has also been changed to a slightly thicker one, which has changed the behavior of the scooter in cornering for the better.

I'm going to ask the workshop to check and clean the transmission system,

I'll give you some news later. Thank you all.

I apologize for my sometimes confusing and weird English, but the culprit is Google Translate! Sad
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Vibrations   Annoying Vibrations I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2024 12:51 pm

" At 24,000 km, the overhaul was carried out with the replacement of the belt, more rollers and guides, as well as the change of engine and transmission oil, and oil and air filters."

Well, that's good, sometimes I misread km vs miles scratch, that's actually very low mileage for the very robust SW600, but since your vibration only occurs at certain rpms, I still believe is CVT operation related, not bearings, etc. Since belt slap is kinda normal on the SW600, due to the long belt oscillations, is really hard to determine what is normal by just looking at the wear marks on the inside of the cvt aluminum case/cover from belt hitting it, what virtually eliminated the issue for me and improved overall operation , was installing a Malossi white contra/torque spring, cheap part, but not so easy to install. BTW, make sure they installed a Honda or similar quality belt, Mitsuboshi, Malossi, etc.

https://www.malossistore.com/en/us/white-variator-adjuster-spring-external-81x130-mm-wire-7-mm-k-15-honda-silver-wing-600-4t-lc-2912478_w0-hosi600-M-P
Back to top Go down
Carlos
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Vibrations   Annoying Vibrations I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2024 3:10 pm

Thanks for the comment.

Regarding the parts I can confirm that they were original Honda and the belt was from Bandoo.

By the way, there are two things I make sure to always have on the bikes I've had over the years: original parts and Bridgestone tyres.

Now I'm going to see if I can call the workshop to have my scooter's drivetrain cleaned.

Annoying Vibrations 1664510[/url
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Vibrations   Annoying Vibrations I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2024 9:35 pm

Another thing to check/look at is, the smooth operation/movement of the pulleys, especially the rear pulley halves, as in removing the torque spring and making sure they move (open and close) smoothly, the OEM grease in there is not very good quality, on my 2012 the grease was very dry at just 11k miles (18 km), about 3yrs ago. I did a full teardown/inspect/replace/lube, etc., as needed when I got scooter, no problems since.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Vibrations   Annoying Vibrations I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2024 2:30 am

Carlos, as said above there is some harmonic resonance at the 3500-4000 rev range which makes the belt slap about. I expect this is what you are experiencing.
You've replaced the belt and weights. Clutch problems are usually at start off and slowing down, then it just needs cleaning (an easy job).
Don't worry, it all sounds normal.
Back to top Go down

Annoying Vibrations
Page 1 of 1