Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Easy gps connection to brake switch
AF214 Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeby gettyuptogo Today at 1:14 pm

» First impressions of the silver wing
AF214 Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeby RedRaider Yesterday at 11:04 am

» Throttle Body Jiggle Valve
AF214 Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Yesterday at 4:24 am

» 2025 Silverwing 600!
AF214 Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:22 pm

» From Dayton, Ohio
AF214 Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:05 pm

» Hello from Fort Worth,Tx
AF214 Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeby RedRaider Thu Sep 12, 2024 3:59 pm

» Drive faces
AF214 Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:57 pm

» Mechanics in Los Angeles?
AF214 Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeby Whiteclay Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:45 pm

» V Belt Light
AF214 Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Sat Sep 07, 2024 12:39 pm

» Introducing ME
AF214 Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:21 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

AF214 Givi windshield

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dale M
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dale M

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-06-19

AF214 Givi windshield Empty
PostSubject: AF214 Givi windshield   AF214 Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2024 2:15 pm

I could use some written instructions on how to install the AF214 windshield on my 2008 Honda Silverwing. Something maybe I could download.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4208
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: AF214 Givi windshield   AF214 Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2024 5:37 pm

You do know that installation instructions for the Givi Airflow are in the Pictorials on here. None other than JeffR himself thoughtfully provided them way back in 2008.

They were useful to me and numerous others, and generated numerous posts and topics on fitting the Airflow.
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2020-12-26

PostSubject: Re: AF214 Givi windshield   AF214 Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2024 6:23 pm

Dale M wrote:
I could use some written instructions on how to install the AF214 windshield on my 2008 Honda Silverwing. Something maybe I could download.

A good pictorial PDF here https://www.silverwing600.com/t46-givi-windshield-installation-pictorial

Some tips on windshield removal/installation.

1. Once you remove the 4 screws holding the windshield "garnish" (cover on top of headlight), push straight down to unsnap the lower hooks, from upper corners, keep it flat, do not lift.

2. The likelihood of your windshield rubber well-nuts been unusable, as in dried-up, cracked and falling apart, etc., is very high, after all bike is 15yrs old. all on my 2012 were DOA a few years ago.
OEM are near $4 USD(6ea.), you can find generic/cheap sets of 5mm well-nuts on Ebay, Amazon, etc.
I went a different route, replaced with readily available 10-32 x .75 in. well-nuts from local Ace hardware and matching bolts + washers. BTW, when you search for OEM bolts compatible W/N use p/n C-550, that's what Honda uses.

3. Use the Givi support brackets kit, sometimes is a separate item. https://www.silverwing600.com/t515-are-the-metal-brackets-for-the-givi-wind-screen-needed#135896
Back to top Go down
Dale M
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dale M

PostSubject: Re: AF214 Givi windshield   AF214 Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2024 6:54 pm

I did see the pictorial by JEFFR but also went to u-tube. The very first video shows the cowling being taken off but then he removes the radiator cover and loosens a lot of other screws which looked totally unnecessary. That's why I was looking for more information.
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: AF214 Givi windshield   AF214 Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2024 9:53 pm

Dale M wrote:
I did see the pictorial by JEFFR but also went to u-tube. The very first video shows the cowling being taken off but then he removes the radiator cover and loosens a lot of other screws which looked totally unnecessary. That's why I was looking for more information.

Yes, that YouTube video is kinda all over the place, I think he's trying to remove the complete fairing Assy. eventually scratch , but I've never found a specific video. on W/S removal.

IAC, removing/installing the windshield itself is fairly easy process, 4 screws on garnish cover, 6 screws holding windshield, the most difficult part is installing the Givi support brackets and/or drilling extra fastener hole thru fairing plastic. (Last Link in my previous post shows how to)

Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3820
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: AF214 Givi windshield   AF214 Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2024 5:43 am

I followed the Givi instructions that came with the screen.
One has to get in the 'Givi Mindset' first; sit and look at the diagrams for even a day or two and it becomes obvious.
As I said in another thread: I cut through the plastic with a drill-bit held in my hand to expose the captive nuts for the brackets. The plastic there is very thin.
I appreciated the instructions on the Forum explaining how to remove the Tupperware.
Back to top Go down
Dale M
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dale M

PostSubject: Re: AF214 Givi windshield   AF214 Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2024 7:54 am

I can see the installation is fairly simple. After reading a lot of posts, I'm leaving the edge clamps off. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
Dale M
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dale M

PostSubject: Givi windshield install   AF214 Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2024 12:47 pm

Had the install done in about 30 minutes. The rubber washers were ok. The vinyl seat makes for a damp you know what sometimes so next is a cloth pad of some sort.
Back to top Go down
zrx212
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: AF214 Givi windshield   AF214 Givi windshield I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2024 1:03 pm

Dale M wrote:
I can see the installation is fairly simple. After reading a lot of posts, I'm leaving the edge clamps off. Thanks for the help.

PSA, you can leave the brackets off, but there's a definite increased flexing/flutter/buffeting of both windshield and helmet at higher speeds, above 50 mph, cracking fairing is also possible, you make your choices, you ....

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 9:07 am
Installed the Givi brackets on the Air Flo this morning. Took about 30 minutes with the excellent directions by Tony and Dennis. Would have taken less, but I dropped one of the bolts and had to fish it out with a magnet. I took a short test ride, and there was a very noticeable improvement in the flutter. I guess the Givi engineers knew what they were doing. I did photos of the entire procedure and will post them when I get time and figure out how to do that.

PostSubject: Re: Are the metal brackets for the Givi wind screen needed? Are the metal brackets for the Givi wind screen needed? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2024 1:15 pm Select/Unselect multi-quote Reply with quote Report post to moderator or admin
Hi jeff.

If you are referring to the Givi AF214 screen, I bought mine from Italy listed as 2001-2009.
I'll leave an Ebay link for you as they still sell them.
With reference to the Xtra brackets I have found that not using the brackets the first hole both sides nearest the screen edge where the brackets go, has started to split the Tupperware where the screen rubber well nuts lock in.
As the Tupperware is off at the moment for other repairs, I have reinforced the holes with stainless mesh melted into the plastics.
Back to top Go down

AF214 Givi windshield
Page 1 of 1