Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ignition wires to which plug?
Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Today at 6:39 pm

» noise under load
Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeby COMick Today at 6:04 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Yesterday at 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» checking the oil
Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Mon May 13, 2024 10:11 am

» Left brake micro-switch
Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Trigg trike

Go down 
+3
tinman
joncallihan
The Relic
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Relic
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2014-03-18

Trigg trike Empty
PostSubject: Trigg trike   Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 8:54 pm

It Arrived Smile the Trigg Trike Kit is Quality.
Fully assembled bolted up just like they said it would..who would of thunk.
Anyhow, took about 2-3 hours and off I went.
Dialing it in was super easy(thanks for the tip Tinman) and I've put about 500 miles on it with no squeaks, rattles, etc.
Wife loves it cheers 
I lowered the tire pressure on the kit to 12 lbs, rear tire I Darksided and put 33 in it ...perfect.
Definitely a keeper..
High kudos to Trigg for making a quality piece of equipment.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Trigg trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trigg trike   Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 10:06 pm

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Jon  :flower: :flower: 
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Trigg trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trigg trike   Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 12:45 pm

you can see my Trigg trike kit on my photo album.I have over 25k kl on my trike and I love it. cheers
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Trigg trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trigg trike   Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 7:46 am

33 k kl on my trigg trike kit and I love it so much that I gave my swing a name. ( PRECIOUS ) written in silver above the swing logo,and Honda wing logo on the back fenders. A real eye catcher and not a day goes by that I get comments on it. The other day a customer came to my Honda dealer and he wanted a ( PRECIOUS Swing trike). The salesman said that there was no such thing and argued for 30 minutes that Honda did not make a ( PRECIOUS Swing trike). :lol!:
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Trigg trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trigg trike   Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 8:50 am

Did not see Precious logo on your bike pics in your albums.
Some serious speakers though  Cool 
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Trigg trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trigg trike   Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:24 am

I need to get my wife to post the pics. I see about posting some pics when I come back from my 150 kl coffee run.  Smile
Back to top Go down
MajikalJoe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MajikalJoe

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2014-06-18

Trigg trike Empty
PostSubject: Auto Tire for a Trike   Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 11:05 am

Hi Guys just order a trigg for the Swing, after a very hard trip over the Thanksgiving holiday to El Paso Tx and having too many lean overs on me that my arms and back cant keep doing it.  

So I want to replace the  rear drive tire to a Auto tire and would like to know if you have any thoughts on the matter. Having it installed free by Trigg and if I bring the tire they will  do that also.

Thanks
Joe
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1987
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Trigg trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trigg trike   Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 12:38 pm

The trike kits look great but I have a couple of questions.

How does it affect acceleration? How does it affect mileage? Do yours have reverse and if so does it work off the battery or engine?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Trigg trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trigg trike   Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:40 pm

majikal joe,I have 45 k kl with my hurcules raptice car tire with my trigg trike kit that drives the rear wheel.With a mc tire you will get about 8 k kl before your mc tire is toasted.                Dale ,I average about 62 mpg at 100 klph,about 8 kl less with the trigg trike kit.The trigg trike IMO is the best one out there .The blue lock tight is a must for all types of trike kit .to line up the trike to the scooter,get a piece of 2x4 to fit in between the the trike tires mark the  of the 2x4 and line up to the centre of the drive wheel and your kit will stay alined.          Enjoy your new trigg trike kit .  Mike B
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Trigg trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trigg trike   Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:54 pm

Dale, There is a electric reverse kit available , but there is no need for one . The cost is  $1500.00.    When in  

stalling or doing oil change ,Get 2 eye hooks in the ceiling and 2 ratchet strap to lift the back end to do all your service works. Attach to the passenger hand rails to lift the back end.
Back to top Go down
MajikalJoe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MajikalJoe

Trigg trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trigg trike   Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 3:28 pm

Well Dale I see Tinman was able to give you some answers. I don't go to the Trigg factory till Jan 13 and Mike B I will get that tire and have them do it while they have it apart. I don't know about that mileage on my last trip last month out to El Paso taking I-40 out and I-10 back the very best I did was from Memphis Ar to Texarkana Tx was 46mpg and that was in the rain. Don't know why it was so low for the trip average 42.5mpg
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Trigg trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trigg trike   Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 4:03 pm

MajikalJoe riding at highway speeds will lower your mileage. A dirty air filter will also lower your mileage. You don't say what year Silverwing you have, but the 08 and newer have an O-2 sensor which gives better mileage too. I have an 08 and an 07 and the 08 gets better mileage than the 07. What a nice Christmas gift to get yourself. I hope the trigg trike kit adds many years to your riding.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Trigg trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trigg trike   Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 4:17 pm

my calculations where made with imperial gallons ,not US gallons,and my riding is mostly flat land with some rolling hills , and cooler temperatures average 22 C.,and 99% highway riding,no stop and go riding. The trigg recomended suspension setting needs to be adjusted to a lighter setting to add more stability to the swing,and will  put less ware on the drive wheel equals more miles before tire change.
Back to top Go down
MajikalJoe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MajikalJoe

Trigg trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trigg trike   Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 4:58 pm

Well Tinman I have a 2013 with just under 1000 miles when I left with new oil and filter. Around town and little trips under 50 miles I was getting as much as 56mpg US gal I know the wind played hell with me and I ran around 65 to 75 some 80's on I-20 and 10. I do know my new full-face helmet would knock me around if I didn't get my head down a little out of the air stream. Do you think I had pack to much and too high on the back seat? Always use 93 Octane Sunoco Fuel and tires aired up.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1987
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Trigg trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trigg trike   Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 5:49 pm

Thank you all for the info. I have an 08 SWing with just over 19,000 miles on it. I'm now in the process of putting a new belt and Dr. Sliders on it this winter. The belt was changed at 17,700 miles but it sat for two years under a tarp. I put new tires, battery on it and changed the oil and filter plus the air filter. I'll probably ride it this coming summer like it is and save up for the Trigg Kit for next winter. I'm not really all that worried if I lose a couple of miles per gallon with the kit and I don't care to "pop wheelies" with it either. I am 68 years old and want to ride for several more years so a trike kit is in my future.

Thanks again for the input.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Trigg trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trigg trike   Trigg trike I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 5:51 am

majikal joe ,with the low milage,on your swing,I would keep the mc tire on and change to a car tire at your next oil change .High octane gas won't improve the gas milage . Honda calls for 87 octane gas for the swing. The givi adjustable wind screen will eliminate wind buffeting.With my trig trike kit I am still faster off the line then a 1500 cc cruiser,and with a lighter pressure setting on the driven wheel I can squeal the tire at take off especially if there a light sanding at a stop light.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trigg trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trigg trike   Trigg trike I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trigg trike
Page 1 of 1