Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» I Need Help With The Brake Bleeding
Restoration I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Sun Oct 20, 2024 4:57 pm

» New FPR, new vacuum pipes, still 22mpg
Restoration I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Sun Oct 20, 2024 4:35 pm

» A strange howl
Restoration I_icon_minitimeby 53Scooterguy Sun Oct 20, 2024 11:56 am

» Tip For Bleeding Brakes
Restoration I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Sun Oct 20, 2024 9:58 am

» Brake/Start Switch Availability
Restoration I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Oct 19, 2024 7:31 am

» Passenger Back rest
Restoration I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Sat Oct 19, 2024 4:36 am

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Restoration I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Oct 16, 2024 1:11 pm

» Mini-Mate Camper
Restoration I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Wed Oct 16, 2024 7:17 am

» New to the forum
Restoration I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Sun Oct 13, 2024 10:10 pm

» Complete Fairing Bolt Kit For silverwing/ worth buying??
Restoration I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Thu Oct 10, 2024 7:41 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Restoration

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Slugg
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2024-07-19

Restoration Empty
PostSubject: Restoration   Restoration I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2024 9:32 pm

Hi all.

When I got my bike it was in a bit of a state. The guy who owned it before me had a stroke and suffered partial loss of use on his left side and had dropped it a few times either at low speed or standing still.

The most noticeable part was that it had no screen. So, courtesy of one of the posts on here I found a brand new Givi screen in Italy for quite a bit less than everywhere else. Finally got it installed yesterday. Had to get some plastic welding done to the piece of fairing that sits over top of the bottom of the screen as one of the mounts was snapped off. Lol when I went to reinstall it the other side snapped 🤣 I have to say it's a whole different bike once you get the screen on!!!

So now that's done I've got some engine work to look into. It runs quite hot on the dash, one notch off the redline, so I've got another temp sensor to install and waiting on a replacement thermostat.

I've also noticed that it seems to have a dead spot on the throttle at 100kph and will often slow down to 90kph. It takes quite a twist to get it speeding up again. So I've found a throttle position sensor (2nd hand unfortunately) that'll be coming from the states next week.

After that's done I'll have to start pulling it apart a bit. There are 2 parts on the fairing and one on the front mud guard that need plastic welding.

I also noted today while doing a short ride to make sure screen is good that there seems to be a rattle from the rear end. I'm not yet 100% certain what this is but will investigate.
Back to top Go down
Slugg
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Restoration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restoration   Restoration I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2024 9:33 pm

Tried to upload pics buuuuuut it wouldn't pick them up for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2022-05-31

Restoration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restoration   Restoration I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2024 9:35 am

Sounds like mine bodywork wise (prior owner told me as he got older, he didn’t have the same balance he did so he dropped it in the garage a few times)- I replaced the front mask and the left lower side cover (could not get a replacement right lower cover) so now it has a few paint dings but nothing too noticeable. How many miles on yours?
Back to top Go down
Slugg
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Restoration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restoration   Restoration I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2024 9:46 pm

Erdoc48 wrote:
Sounds like mine bodywork wise (prior owner told me as he got older, he didn’t have the same balance he did so he dropped it in the garage a few times)- I replaced the front mask and the left lower side cover (could not get a replacement right lower cover) so now it has a few paint dings but nothing too noticeable. How many miles on yours?

47*** kms on mine. I'm pretty happy with the bike overall. Found it quite surprising! Easily does open road speed, easily passes other vehicles if they're too slow. I should point out I'm not a small guy. Quite overweight, hence I always rode 1000cc plus bikes. Very happy that I bought it.

Before next ride I'm going to remove the back rest thingy. I'm 6'4" so I'm pretty cramped lol.
Back to top Go down

Restoration
Page 1 of 1