Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
09 SW vibration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 3:43 pm

» noise under load
09 SW vibration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Today at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
09 SW vibration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Today at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
09 SW vibration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
09 SW vibration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
09 SW vibration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
09 SW vibration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
09 SW vibration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
09 SW vibration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
09 SW vibration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

09 SW vibration

Go down 
+25
"Hi Yo"
Cosmic_Jumper
new7man
toolboxjesse
drewsieboy
honda_silver
exavid
johnd
buddy19520
yahooie
surlybiker58
Windrider
pancho
mikem420
racer38
ronjr009
GaryL
MikeO
bigbird
Waspie
john grinsel
jdeereanton
DennisB
JeffR
derek
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
derek
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-08-01

09 SW vibration - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: 09 SW vibration   09 SW vibration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi, I'm new to the Silver Wing experience, my problem is that i feel a vibration through the fairig at around 2500rpm which gradually gets worse upto around 4500rpm, at which point it transfers into the seat. above and below this range is fine.
I only have 800Km`s on it and it has been there since day one.
Is this normal, or not.......
The dealer had it for a day, and said they had tightened afew fasteners and something on the drivetrain. But i didn`t feel any difference.
09 SW vibration - Page 2 383825
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: 09 SW vibration   09 SW vibration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 7:39 pm

I think the Silverwing is not to be babied. . .Don't abuse it but don't be afraid to get on it and go! They can handle it. Honda makes a good product and I think everyone that has a Silverwing will atest to that.
Back to top Go down
gremlin
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
gremlin

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2015-04-09

PostSubject: Re: 09 SW vibration   09 SW vibration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 8:55 pm

exavid wrote:
I do find it odd that anyone has excessive grip vibration. I've had two SWs, a Burgman 650 and now the BMW C650GT none of which had objectionable vibration at the handlebars or anywhere else. True there's a bit of vibration in the mirrors of these scooters at idle but that's to be expected with a single or twin.

I appreciate your comment; I am not saying that I experience excessive vibration. I would say my Honda is running quite smooth. For anyone, who suffers from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome any kind of vibration is bad, especially high frequency vibration, such when using chainsaws etc. I am sure the old two stroke scooters and trail bikes, which I rode in the past would have been a lot worse than the SW, but I did not have my present problem then.
Luckily it only affects my left hand and I think the heavy bar ends have made a bit of difference. Suzuki would not ad them to their 650 and 200 Burgman, if they did not serve a purpose. Manufacturers are not known to waste money on something they don't consider necessary. I had a 2007 Burgman , a new 300 Aprilia SMax and a new 300 Honda Forza before, and they weren't any better in that respect. They just did not have the performance and comfort which made me look for the Silverwing. I am quite happy with it, and will hopefully keep it for many years yet.
Belt change and sliders coming up next, not because of the miles, but the age; I am sure it has never been done. Of course final drive oil change whilst I am at it. I bought this " fully serviced" SW of a dealer and the airfilter was filthy; so I am just getting everything in good shape and then will do a few longer trips.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: 09 SW vibration   09 SW vibration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 11:38 pm

One possibility to help with vibration would be to look into a set of Kuryakyn ISO Grips. These are aluminum and rubber and much larger in diameter than the OEM grips. I put them on two of my Goldwings. The reduce the amount of gripping you have to do and add weight to the bar ends. They also have a piece that mounts on the end of the right grip that allows one to rest the heel of your hand to operate the throttle without wrapping your hand around the grip. I believe there were some posts on this forum awhile back that described the size and type of ISO grips to use on the Silverwing. I know they made long trips a lot easier on my Goldwing by easing the arthritis in my hands.
There was someone on the forum who mentioned installing iso grips. The 5 3/4" long by 7/8" diameter bar size fits the handle bars. That and the grip length would be the information you'd need for ordering since Kuryakyn doesn't list the SW by name.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/33/iso-grips
Back to top Go down
DerrillW
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DerrillW

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2013-09-28

PostSubject: Re: 09 SW vibration   09 SW vibration - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 10:00 am

Yeah. It's the nature of the beast. They rattle, shake, buzz, vibrate and make dozens of noises. If you take the drive cover off and watch that CVT at work you'll begin to understand why. Mine makes a sound nearly like a turkey mating call at times when accelerating. The owners who claim that their SW is dead smooth either haven't started the engine yet or have no active nerve cells in their hands or keister. In spite of all that, I really enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 09 SW vibration   09 SW vibration - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

09 SW vibration
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2