Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Mechanics in Los Angeles?
Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeby Whiteclay Today at 2:45 pm

» Drive faces
Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:38 pm

» V Belt Light
Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 12:39 pm

» 2025 Silverwing 600!
Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 8:17 am

» Introducing ME
Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:21 am

» Mid-Ohio Parade Lap, Pro Football HOF Fail, Upstate NY
Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 11:50 am

» Slow gas leak
Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeby mavericksssrig Yesterday at 11:08 am

» At 85, got new bike
Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeby DavidinDunnellon Yesterday at 10:36 am

» Cold Start Fast Idle?
Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:23 pm

» Greetings from the UK
Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:18 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Yet another newbie!

Go down 
+4
exavid
"Hi Yo"
model28a
Hasbro
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Hasbro
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-07-20

Yet another newbie! Empty
PostSubject: Yet another newbie!   Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 3:57 pm

Greetings! I have just purchased a used Silver Wing 600 (2008) with a Danson trike kit on it for my wife! She is now a "biker"! It was a surprise gift and based on the smiles I think she actually likes it. So far, one "ride" on the streets and she had no problems at all.

Looking forward to extensive riding in the near future..
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie!   Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 8:29 pm

welcome  Hasbro welcome to the forum. We have a growing number of members with Silverwing trike and trike kits. You've found the best Silverwing forum on the net. Do you ride a scooter or bike also, or is your wife the only one on two wheels? Living down here we can ride year round.  cheers  

If you want to learn about your Silverwing and plan on doing your own maintenance you'll find you can do anything you need or want with the service manual and help from this forum.
I add the paragraph below for most new members because there's a lot of information in the links and may save you some work.
Here are some links(3 below in blue)that will help you learn a lot about your Silverwing. If you can't find what you need in the links below the search on this forum works good, and if you still need help just ask and someone will do what they can to answer your questions.

Maintenance, Tips and Hints
Maintenance "Pictorials"
Accessories-Modifications
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Yet another newbie! 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie!   Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 8:41 pm

cheers      cheers      welcome The more rides the more smiles. Smile Smile Smile Smile

Thanks for the intro with your registration. It lets us know about you and your bike if you have questions.
Back to top Go down
Hasbro
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie!   Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 10:13 pm

Hey Roger! I also ride... I have a 2013 Wide Glide that I use to chase the wife around on. She doesn't have to see me in the mirrors. She can hear me coming! ;-)
I do plan to do my own maintenance. Thanks for the links. I have a bike "stand" but can't use it for the trike setup. So, I have a 24 foot tilt bed aluminum trailer I run the bike up on whenever it needs attention. Saves on the back and knees and no worries about "stability" with it in the air.
"Hi Yo" looks like you've covered some territory by the looks of that map! If the boss (all married men know who the boss really is) decides she likes the 2008 I may eventually upgrade to a newer used model. The silverwings seem to be very popular and most people don't want to part with them!
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie!   Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 11:04 pm

Welcome Hasbro!
What a coincidence, I sold my last Silverwing to a lady in Nevada who triked it with a Danson kit. She and her husband moved to Florida a couple of years ago and took the scooter/trike with them. What was the name of the previous owner? Last name Martin?
Back to top Go down
Hasbro
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie!   Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 11:26 pm

Hi Paul
No, the last name was Payne. Nice couple from PA. Both of them into that "retirement" thing!
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Yet another newbie! 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie!   Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 12:01 am

Hasbro wrote:
If the boss (all married men know who the boss really is) decides she likes the 2008 I may eventually upgrade to a newer used model. The silverwings seem to be very popular and most people don't want to part with them!

I wouldn't look to buy a newer model unless you find a great deal. The 08 model is when they went to the O2 sensor and not many changes after that except color. The 08 should serve the boss well.

Tinman has made a lot of very good posts concerning trikes. Others have too, but he seems to be very active and sharing with his experiences.
Back to top Go down
Deno070
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2013-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie!   Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 8:44 am

Welcome Hasbro!!
Back to top Go down
Hasbro
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie!   Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 9:44 am

Hey Deno070
Looks like a "Joisey" member! I'm originally from upstate NY. Got out of the snow 30 years ago.
I still have fond memories of the ice blowing in my face at 15 degrees! Now I just watch the news and that's enough cold and snow for me.....
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie!   Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 3:38 pm

Hasbro Florida is a long state, what part of Florida do you live?
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie!   Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 6:25 pm

Welcome to the forum from Arizona. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hasbro
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie!   Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 1:18 pm

Model28a
We are in the process of moving from Kissimmee (Lake Toho) to Lake Placid. After 12+ years in the "tourist zone" we've had enough. Traffic is always a nightmare just about any time of the day. Lake Placid (as you might know) has a lot of snowbirds so this time of year you can drive down some of the main residential areas and not see a car in either direction! That makes for some nice, peaceful rides!
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie!   Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 5:30 pm

Welcome to Florida I hope you enjoy it here. I came down here(from Ohio) for vacation in 1972 and never went back.
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Yet another newbie!    Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 9:17 pm

Hello and welcome Hasbro. I hope you like snow.I will say you are in for some great rides in Western New York. And if you like to ride you have to go North to Acadia National Park the scenery there is totally awesome. Also be conscious of tire ware. The stone
they use for black top in upper New York state can greatly shorten tire life.   Howard
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Yet another newbie!   Yet another newbie! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 9:25 pm

Welcome from o-HI-o
Back to top Go down

Yet another newbie!
Page 1 of 1