Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» First impressions of the silver wing
Happy to be here and to join you all I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:31 pm

» 2025 Silverwing 600!
Happy to be here and to join you all I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Yesterday at 5:22 pm

» From Dayton, Ohio
Happy to be here and to join you all I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:05 pm

» Hello from Fort Worth,Tx
Happy to be here and to join you all I_icon_minitimeby RedRaider Thu Sep 12, 2024 3:59 pm

» Drive faces
Happy to be here and to join you all I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:57 pm

» Mechanics in Los Angeles?
Happy to be here and to join you all I_icon_minitimeby Whiteclay Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:45 pm

» V Belt Light
Happy to be here and to join you all I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Sat Sep 07, 2024 12:39 pm

» Introducing ME
Happy to be here and to join you all I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:21 am

» Mid-Ohio Parade Lap, Pro Football HOF Fail, Upstate NY
Happy to be here and to join you all I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:50 am

» Slow gas leak
Happy to be here and to join you all I_icon_minitimeby mavericksssrig Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:08 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Happy to be here and to join you all

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
odonnellrider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2024-08-26

Happy to be here and to join you all Empty
PostSubject: Happy to be here and to join you all   Happy to be here and to join you all I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2024 3:43 am

Greetings from County Kerry on the beautiful west coast of Ireland. My journey to this forum and to Silver Wing ownership reflects, I suspect, the journey of many. As a 67 year old rider who has never been without a bike (bikes!) since the age of 15, I finally decided with sadness that my beautiful Triumph Thruxton was just too much for my back and wrists. I had been thinking about a large scooter for a while and the Honda dealership in Cork offered the perfect bike for me. I have purchased a Silver Wing 2003 that has been lovingly cared for and only has 6,100 miles from new. The test ride blew me away and I am taking her on the ferry to mainland Europe to visit family next week. My only question now is why on earth did I wait so long to take this step?

Last edited by odonnellrider on Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2606
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Happy to be here and to join you all   Happy to be here and to join you all I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2024 7:44 am

Welcome Odonnell! Congratulations on you new-to-you scooter. We are here to help!
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Happy to be here and to join you all   Happy to be here and to join you all I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2024 7:31 pm

Welcome odonnellrider to the BEST SWing forum in the world!!!
I've been a member here for a couple of days and have never regretted a minute.
There's lots of people here who are ready and willing to help.
The "Search" box at the top left is also your friend.
Again Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1022
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Happy to be here and to join you all   Happy to be here and to join you all I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2024 2:22 am

Welcome to the forum Odonnellrider.
You're not alone with your belated appreciation of big scooters. I've not met anyone yet who has ridden one who isn't impressed, those that don't like them haven't.
The Silverwing is in the VFR750 era of Honda quality and reliability, but they are getting on a bit so use the search engine, most problems have been encountered, and fixed, before. Which of course doesn't mean some of the advice isn't cobblers, caveat emptor and all that 🙂
Back to top Go down
odonnellrider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2024-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Happy to be here and to join you all   Happy to be here and to join you all I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2024 3:59 pm

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. Really appreciated. I hope that I can contribute positively to the forum, as well as undoubtedly learning a great deal.
Back to top Go down

Happy to be here and to join you all
Page 1 of 1