Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Passenger Back rest
Tucano - Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:02 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Tucano - Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Oct 16, 2024 1:11 pm

» Mini-Mate Camper
Tucano - Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Wed Oct 16, 2024 7:17 am

» New to the forum
Tucano - Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Sun Oct 13, 2024 10:10 pm

» Complete Fairing Bolt Kit For silverwing/ worth buying??
Tucano - Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Thu Oct 10, 2024 7:41 am

» New FPR, new vacuum pipes, still 22mpg
Tucano - Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Wed Oct 09, 2024 3:18 am

» Gulf shores, AL
Tucano - Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Mauryturnsoutitsmine99 Tue Oct 08, 2024 3:52 pm

» Searching for Honda or After Market Part
Tucano - Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby sonuvabug Tue Oct 08, 2024 12:22 pm

» A strange howl
Tucano - Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:44 am

» First impressions of the silver wing
Tucano - Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby RedRaider Mon Oct 07, 2024 8:04 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
steveonfarm
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
steveonfarm

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2011-08-14

Tucano - Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing   Tucano - Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 7:17 pm

Has anybody out there bought this product?

http://www.ebay.it/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250711000255&clk_rvr_id=276112460033&item=250711000255&lgeo=1&vectorid=229494

It looks to be just what I'm looking for, so any feedback from the collective repository of all knowledge and wisdom would be much appreciated Smile)

SteVe
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4211
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Tucano - Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing   Tucano - Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 4:20 pm

I bought a Bagster apron for my Honda CN250 Helix when I had it, there was nothing wrong with it and it was top quality, waterproof and warm. I just found it easier to zip the thermal liner into a pair of riding pants, or wear an extra inner layer than cocoon my self with the apron. They're of more use to city commuter riders that wear their street pants and a riding jacket. I noticed quite a few scooters with aprons fitted in Central London a few months ago, and of course the bib can be pulled up over the seat to keep it dry on wet days. On windy days they can cause the old bum to pucker up a bit riding in cross winds if a strong gust gets under the apron. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Supersnipe53
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Supersnipe53

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing   Tucano - Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 5:34 pm

I bought one of these from a friend for £40 (he in turn had bought it 2nd hand on e-bay for approx the same - I think they're approx £100 brand new in the UK so your 69 Euros is good value)
I balked at the potential for disaster with losing screws and cracking the bodywork to fit the thing especially as I had no instructions so I entrusted the work to my nearest Honda bike dealer - who at the same time replaced the pathetic tinny horn with an Italian-made very loud one-piece airhorn (begins with a `V', but the documentation is in my archives now and can't remember full name). They did both jobs in about 2 hours and charged £100 + VAT - which was well worth it to me.

The Tucano apron is great - I can ride in any weather without having to struggle into waterproof trousers, and the fur lining keeps you nice and warm. I've driven at 70+ mph and haven't experienced any instability.
My only criticism is that at rest it tends to hang to one side, which looks a trifle untidy, and you need to pull it round you straightaway otherwise you'll also look lopsided riding along.

I've also got a taller screen (I thought it was a Honda original when I bought in 2003, rather than a Givi) - and a set of handlebar muffs, so my
insuation from bad weather is pretty good.

Last edited by Supersnipe53 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steveonfarm
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
steveonfarm

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2011-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing   Tucano - Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi there Supersnipe53! Thank you very much for posting your experiences with the Tucano Apron. I have already ordered mine, although not from the €69 company as they wanted €45 to post it over the border from Italy to me in Austria! I found another Italian supplier, who despite charging €20 more for the product, deliver for just €17.

I also have The Tucano muffs together with heated grips and love this combination for seeing me through the winter!

PS I see you live in Cockfosters! I studied Music and Maths at Trent Park (Middlesex Polytechnic) way back in 1988 .............. Great days! Smile
Back to top Go down
Supersnipe53
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Supersnipe53

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing   Tucano - Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:50 pm

Hi Steve in Austria

Wish you luck with the Tucano......I'm sure you'll love it.

Trent Park is a favourite place for bike rides with my son. He knows every inch and all the hidden tracks. I'm always relieved when we get on that long straight road leading from the Poly to the exit cafe - means we're not far from home. They also sell ice creams and cups of tea now at that formerly derelict porters lodge type place near the childrens zoo.

Small world!!!

Cheers
Back to top Go down

Tucano Urbano Waterproof Scooter Leg Cover/Apron for Honda Silverwing
Page 1 of 1