Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Mechanics in Los Angeles?
Replacement rear caliper I_icon_minitimeby Whiteclay Today at 2:45 pm

» Drive faces
Replacement rear caliper I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:38 pm

» V Belt Light
Replacement rear caliper I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 12:39 pm

» 2025 Silverwing 600!
Replacement rear caliper I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 8:17 am

» Introducing ME
Replacement rear caliper I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:21 am

» Mid-Ohio Parade Lap, Pro Football HOF Fail, Upstate NY
Replacement rear caliper I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 11:50 am

» Slow gas leak
Replacement rear caliper I_icon_minitimeby mavericksssrig Yesterday at 11:08 am

» At 85, got new bike
Replacement rear caliper I_icon_minitimeby DavidinDunnellon Yesterday at 10:36 am

» Cold Start Fast Idle?
Replacement rear caliper I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:23 pm

» Greetings from the UK
Replacement rear caliper I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:18 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Replacement rear caliper

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
terryweasely
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2024-05-30

Replacement rear caliper Empty
PostSubject: Replacement rear caliper   Replacement rear caliper I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2024 11:51 pm

I went to rebuild my rear caliper on my silverwing that I just purchased as part of the rear section of a Kandi viper 250 reverse trike. The Kandi rear was replaced with a SW. I am going through things and the front calipers were frozen. I found replacements for them. I am rebuilding the rear SW currently and the pin that retains the pads is frozen and the straight blade slot is now stripped. Tried heat, PBlaster, hand impact tool. I have purchased another one from ebay, awaiting its arrival.

My main question,

Has anyone found another caliper from another model Honda or something else that matches up to the original? 2008-2016 Triumph Street Triple 675 looks almost identical and 17 18 19 Kawasaki Z650 ZR650 Front looks like an updated version that might fit.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1021
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Replacement rear caliper   Replacement rear caliper I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2024 5:41 am

I think the same caliper was used on the front of early cbr600, Bandit 600 and various other bikes.
I'll know for sure when I come to tackle my rear brake which has the same seized in pin, it might end up a mix and match with the old carrier and replacement caliper.
I wouldn't mind but I copper slipped the pin when I did the rear pads about a year ago. God knows what chemical gunk the Council has been putting down to treat the ice this winter!
Back to top Go down
terryweasely
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Replacement rear caliper   Replacement rear caliper I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2024 7:29 am

I just ordered this caliper also, 2015 CTX700N Front https://www.ebay.com/itm/403334324781?itmmeta=01J0NH7A7VTF94J6W0TX1K2R8G&hash=item5de899622d:g:GbsAAOSwOYFhqluP&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA0Gh6CAUCnK6QSVM45zFC7fz46rlaS%2FiyZPbXVQy%2BOSk1LBcjzeJSYeDTnu2LW7Ywq2%2F6bCkKbZKOA%2B800eeByG16lLiwxP2DzXXw9riFHss1Y8MvuKa9ru%2B4fyKsNcfS%2FLMf5IgfHa2Gk6x9TRAwBhJnAHkC7F1knfkgrWe1BZNt85rVXhznlHXVbsUCZaXiHriOzZAR8Za1P8yWq1PmH6XyRpLeO6VDx%2B3yMLPyejT6MSPHQtm53QjBDWoa9bKSMXmPtUI2xz5HfuBrfXCDz5k%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR4CknbGFZA

I'll know in a few days.
Back to top Go down
terryweasely
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Slotted screw is a dust plug   Replacement rear caliper I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2024 7:28 pm

The part that I stripped out was a dust plug. Under it is the actual pad retainer pin. Very to difficult to hold the caliper to drill out. We used a milling machine and lots of tedious work.
Back to top Go down

Replacement rear caliper
Page 1 of 1