Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Mechanics in Los Angeles?
Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area I_icon_minitimeby Whiteclay Today at 2:45 pm

» Drive faces
Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:38 pm

» V Belt Light
Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 12:39 pm

» 2025 Silverwing 600!
Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 8:17 am

» Introducing ME
Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:21 am

» Mid-Ohio Parade Lap, Pro Football HOF Fail, Upstate NY
Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 11:50 am

» Slow gas leak
Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area I_icon_minitimeby mavericksssrig Yesterday at 11:08 am

» At 85, got new bike
Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area I_icon_minitimeby DavidinDunnellon Yesterday at 10:36 am

» Cold Start Fast Idle?
Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:23 pm

» Greetings from the UK
Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:18 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Carlos
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2024-06-29

Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area Empty
PostSubject: Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area   Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2024 2:39 pm

During the month of May and enjoying a few days of vacation, I went for a walk around the Alentejo - The Alentejo is a geographical, historical and cultural region of the center-south and south of Portugal. In Portuguese, its name means "beyond the Tagus River".

And of course, my travel companion was the SW-T 600.

Driving at very quiet speeds, enjoying the pleasure of riding a motorcycle and the beautiful landscapes of the Alentejo, I went to the Alqueva Dam.

The Alqueva Dam is located on the Guadiana River near the town of Alqueva, which gave it its name, from the current parish of Amieira and Alqueva.

The construction of this dam allowed for the creation of the largest artificial reservoir of water in Western Europe, also called the Great Lake.

nd it is something that has brought life to an area that was once known as arid and harsh, precisely because of the almost non-existence of water in that area, which has contributed immensely to the general increase in agriculture in that area.

Going around Alqueva and visiting its numerous river beaches is something I advise you to do if you ever come to Portugal.

(Sorry abut my Inglish...)

Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area 1636110
Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area 1641410

Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area 1635413
Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area 1635511
Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area 1646710
Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area 1652711
Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area 1635311
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3819
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area   Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2024 4:30 am

Wow! Thank you for the most interesting description of your Ride.
I doubt I shall ever venture abroad on two wheels but Portugal would be on my list if I did!
Don't worry about your English; I'm sure many others here would consider it a darn sight better than much of what we see written by native English-speakers on the Internet these days - not here, I hasten to add. Wink
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area   Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2024 7:37 am

Thanks so much for sharing! It is always good to see new places to take a SWing. Great pictures too.
Back to top Go down

Portugal, tour of the Alentejo area
Page 1 of 1